Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• biotronbiotron Member Posts: 6
    thanks!
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    Greetings fellow Lego lovers,
    I have built numerous star wars sets from large lots of random Legos I've acquired over the last couple of years. Thanks to Brickset, Peeron and DK, I tend to be pretty good at identifying parts and pieces. These however, with the sticker have me stumped.
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 110
    edited December 2012
    Came in the Indiana Jones set #7621-1
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    Thank you BombTec, The R2D2 and C3P0 graphic threw me for a loop. If only I'd focused on the Pharaoh.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    Which set is this? I can't find it in the database (it's not #3055)

Actually, more to the point, what is it supposed to be?!
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    It is #3055, but an alternative build. See Peeron or brickfactory.info. It looks to me as if the set didn't come with proper building instructions and the owners have/had to guess from the box how to build it.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 827

Which set is this? I can't find it in the database (it's not #3055) *snip*

@paul_merton
    I have that set, I got it for a £1 from a car boot, he had a full boxful of them and they were all MISB, on the other side of the box you can rebuild it into a car, ^ it does come with building instructions. This set is supposed to be an aeroplane/car I hope it helped. (It s #3055 because its a 2in1 set) :)
    ^ Oops, I take it all back. I see now bricklink actually lists instructions. What threw me off was that peeron and brickfactory didn't.
    Silly me - how could I have missed the fact that the minifigure is the same on each build!
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 642

Silly me - how could I have missed the fact that the minifigure is the same on each build!

Yeah, back in the day most boxes had alternate builds on the back; not so much anymore...the half-moon perforation tells you that it's the back of the box in that picture. Interestingly, the set number is also on the back of the box; that's not very common, but it may be for that theme or for that series of small sets.

• kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Hi guys, can anybody identify sets from this picture? There aren't many bricks here but wondering which set they are from.

• CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    12x12 plate on the left is part # 52040, it's from #7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,858
    And the blue and grey tower is from 4737.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    The part staircase (upper-left) is also part of #7627 as the upside-down portion of a tower probably is. However, "the big rings" are definatly part of the #4737 that Aanchir noted, rather than Lord of the Rings as the seller seems to think.
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    ^ Thanks guys. You guys are super!!
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 559
    Showing us some of the minifigs (if any) might help
    I see several pcs from #4956 House (red plates, white corners/shallow arches/long bricks, yellow curved top brick in center foreground, lt bluish grey doors). No red slopes for the roof though :(
    Looks like a dk grey(?) baby dragon touching the 2 attached 1x8 white bricks on the extreme right, below the brown brick pile. Don't make 'em in dk grey though...
    edited December 2012
    ^^^ Unfortunately that's the only minifig according to the ebay seller.

^ If I'm not mistaken, that's a baby T-rex which they did make in dark bley (in only two sets, I'd go with #7627 because of the other parts).
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,322
    edited December 2012
    Hi all,

Someone offered this up to me, and I can't find it anywhere in the database.

If someone could identify it for me, that'd be very helpful.

Thanks,
    Sam
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    ^I don't think the photo uploaded correctly. At least my computer won't let me see it.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,322
    ^It's showing up on mine, but usually I can't get it to work... so I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't working for anyone else.

Mods could you correct the picture by any chance to fix it?

My apologies.

If the picture never uploads, it's 3 mermaids in a "promotional" figure pack, like the one that was given out at store openings.

Sam
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,177
    without seeing the pic I think its a build your own minifigure pack from the lego store
  • LegoDoodLegoDood Member Posts: 1
    Hello I found this guy in my bag of legos and couldn't find anything about larger minifigures from the 80s or 90s. Any ideas where he came from? It says LEGO with a Copyright symbol on both his backlegs.
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 82
    edited December 2012
    from set #392-2
    I believe it's a fabuland figure? could be wrong.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=392-2
  • LegoDoodLegoDood Member Posts: 1
    That's it, he has the red bar going through his hips. I don't know which set he came from though.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,935
    It's not fabuland (they have animal heads) but is an early 'Basic' figure.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,259
    I have that guy, came from #392 Fire Engine. I think mine has buttons printed on though but I could be remembering wrong
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,460
    edited December 2012
  • Son1shineSon1shine Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2012
    Do you guys have an idea on whether the majority of these pieces are Lego or non-Lego? I can make out the horses, but that's about it! =) Thanks!!!
  • peterlinddkpeterlinddk DenmarkMember Posts: 170
    ^ the horses and minifigs looks like genuine LEGO - and there are also some smaller bricks in the drawer. All the larger bricks/modules are from a different brand though.

It is difficult to say, when the non-LEGO pieces are as large as they are, but I would say that the majority is non-LEGO! I wouldn't bid on the collection.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 642
    ^Agreed. I think I see a Lego skeleton horse in the drawer, too, but all those big pieces are non-Lego.
  • I am trying to figure out what set this is! It was my husbands when he was younger, we just found it in a box, partially taken apart, no instructions and no minifigs :/ There is no license plate on it with an identifying number, only a couple number 3's on the truck. It has a trailer, and a 9v battery pack, and the front window is split. I have had NO luck finding any info online so I was hoping maybe someone would know what it is! Thanks for your help!
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    edited December 2012
  • mfsingermfsinger Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    I'm not sure if this is the best category for posting this question. If not, let me know. I started cataloging all of my Legos a few days ago and ran across the key chain in the picture (my collection dates back to 1979). I can't find any information on it. It's a bit worn so I guess I must have used it at some point. The closest thing I have found is the Space UFO series. It has similar features to some of the minifigures. Any thoughts from anyone out there? Thanks.
  • FurrysaurusFurrysaurus Hiding in the kitchen.Member Posts: 156
    looks like he's missing some yellow on the helmet but - http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=KC06
    mfsinger
  • mfsingermfsinger Member Posts: 3
    HA! Yes! That's got to be him. That was fast. Thanks for responding. I didn't expect an answer so quickly.
  • FurrysaurusFurrysaurus Hiding in the kitchen.Member Posts: 156
    the hound woke me up :)
  • JT32JT32 BasingstokeMember Posts: 124
    Not quite sure if these are collectable, or quite where they come from? PM me if you want them though.
    edited December 2012
    ^ http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4066pb326
    and: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4066pb350

I guess you could call it collectable; but there don't seem to be many collectors.
    If you want more info about them, see: http://www.legoland.co.uk/Plan/annualpass/Collector-Brick-Archive-/
  • Steve56157591Steve56157591 Member Posts: 9
    For you Lego buffs i'm sure these will be easy, but i'm just emerging from my 'dark ages' and dusted off 3 large containers of old, mixed up lego from the 80's & 90's. I've identified some (check the sets on my profile) but i'm struggling with the ones photographed - any ideas? I know there's plenty of bits missing, but i'll rebuild them with time when I dig out the missing pieces. Thanks in advance.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,858
    The motorboat in the first pic is 6508 Wave Racer with slight modifications (the 1x4 tile with printed stars is from another set).

The rowboat in the second pic is ambiguous because its minifigures, its most defining characteristic, do not match any set. However, I speculate it could be from 6267 Lagoon Lock-Up, since many of the other parts from that set are in your fourth picture. No telling where the shark is from, since your photo is somewhat unclear-- it could be dark gray, the most common variety, or white, which narrows things down a bit more.

The third pic is either 1710 Snowmobile or 1730 Snow Scooter-- the contents of the two sets are identical.

The fourth is not a set as far as I can tell, but it seems to use a lot of parts from 6267 Lagoon Lock-Up

The fifth pic is 6513 Glade Runner.
    BrickDancerSteve56157591
    Mate you're the best, that's really helpful. I'm sure you can tell, I've got a LOT of sorting to do...2 more big boxes of stuff like this, all jumbled up from when I was a careless kid.

What do you find is the best way to clean the dust and grime off the pieces, and get them shiny?

Thanks again bro
    edited January 2013
    ^ For cleaning, I'd suggest taking a look at: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/69/cleaning-lego/p1
    Cheers...and can anyone identify these 2 chaps...r they even Lego?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8337231981/in/photostream
    ^ Those are not Lego.
  • AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    HI, I don't know if this is even in the right section but I've gone mad and lost the power of reasonable thought... lol

My little 'un produced a white crouching cat (printed) today, informing me that he'd had it for ages. Like any self respecting rabid, OCD riddled AFOL parent, I couldn't place where it had come from and promptly panicked that it was a Hogwarts one and therefore MINE... ALL MINE.... BWAHAHAHAHA!!! (evil laugh). However, I just can't find a part number, let alone work out what set it has come from. I've tried various brick search engines online to no avail - could anyone help to solve the mystery of the random white cat ? It seems quite a rare / new piece and I'm scratching my head...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Massive thanks in advance.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329