Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New lifejacket

HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,490
edited July 2011 in Everything else LEGO
I've just built the 30015 Jet Ski set from Esso. The figs have a new lifejacket, different to that shown in the picture on the instructions, and not yet listed at BrickLink.

Is it also in new harbour sets?

Comments

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Nope, for the Marina at least it's the old one. (I reviewed it http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55534)
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 810
    Is there a new part number? I don't see it listed in LEGO's replacement parts catalog (effectively their limited online inventories), but then again, I don't see the old style lifejacket there either! Old part number according to BrickLink is 4260843, design ID 2610.

DaveE
  • MartinMartin Member Posts: 375
    edited July 2011
    Interesting. Aparently it's part number 4648281, Design ID 97895 and introduced in 2009 but first manufactured in May 2011. Only available in yellow.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    That's a spiffy looking Lifejacket! I hope TRU has some when I go tonight.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    I will admit it is a great looking lifejacket, but I'm not convinced of it's buoyancy ;p
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ don't worry, @princedraven , Lego people have an innate ability to float. :o)
  • MrKevinHinkleMrKevinHinkle Member Posts: 33
    @legomatt In the case of an emergency the person in front of you may be used as a flotation device.
    That's a nice looking new element, I haven't seen that one yet- thanks for posting!
  • SquirrelSquirrel Member Posts: 13
    I just checked my jet ski, it has the old jacket in it :/
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    Wow, that looks nice.
    I just opened up one of the two I bought tonight and it had old life jackets. I peaked through the bag of the other one and it had old as well. @Huw did you get yours in the States or Europe?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,490
    UK
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 455
    I have also opened the Lego Jet Ski set 30015 and it has a new life jacket. I got my set from the UK Esso promotion. Is there a link here, UK 30015 set = new life jacket, US 30015 set = old life jacket?

• DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    Looks that way, the ones I got in US have the old jacket.
    I have also opened the Lego Jet Ski set 30015 and it has a new life jacket. I got my set from the UK Esso promotion. Is there a link here, UK 30015 set = new life jacket, US 30015 set = old life jacket?

That's a bummer, I was hoping to score some new ones.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Does the water in the UK have different buoyancy than the rest of the world such that a redesign was a necessity? :P
    Hopefully they're just running out the stock of the old type. The new vests look a lot nicer - they show more of the figure.
    I just added a Jet Ski polybag to my TRU order online. I'll report when it comes which Life Jacket it has.
  • technicaltacticstechnicaltactics Member Posts: 47
    I have a review on the Jet ski here on Brickset. Odd enough, it didn't include these new life jackets when I bought it at TRU, but it had the old mold.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    It does indeed look like a difference between US and UK as I am in the UK and have the new design in my polybags. I agree it is a much smarter design.
  • jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
    I am in the US and got the old design as well.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Think it's pretty much confirmed now, but UK and new jacket here too.
  • pantboypantboy EnglandMember Posts: 211
    ^ Same here, got the new life jackets in all 3 of mine, i only wanted one jetski, but i roped my family into going to esso for fuel and made the mistake of asking them all to get a jetski first, must remember to spread it out next time. :P

Anyone with new jackets, can you see a part number anywhere on it? I'd like to try and buy some through Replacement Parts.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,490
    edited July 2011
    Martin has posted the 7 digit number above.
    *hits self over head* Thanks Huw (and Martin)
    It is available to buy from LEGO's Replacement Parts service. If you give them part number 4648281 (Thanks Martin) they can sell you up to 200 per transaction for £0.10 each (+ £2 Shipping) That's 3p less than the old one on PAB, though it does seem to use less plastic...
  • TheDarkblaneTheDarkblane Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Somehow, I completely missed the fact that Huw had already posted a photo of the new life jacket in his original post before I went and took one myself to use on another forum.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, it's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkblne/5934425157 and it also shows the part on its own and with the old life jacket next to it for comparison.
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 133
    Really not liking the gap left between the head and torso created by the new life-jackets. Does the old one leave a nasty gap too?
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 133
    By the way, I think the jet-ski looks awesome with the 7639 Camper Van.
    @marknam - no nasty gap with the old vest.
  • TupperfanTupperfan Member Posts: 2
    I got two of these new life jackets with the 4642 Fishing Boat. Of course, the old jackets had a nasty gap, but it was mostly hidden by the front part, which is not the case here, and it's slightly annoying. But the design grows on me and I'd like to see it in other colours.