Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target - BOGO 50% Lego City

ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 429
edited December 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
hmmmm maybe I"ll pick up couple of the new sets......
Brian

Comments

• tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Police Station #7498 is already discounted to $79.99, so it's about $60/set if you get two and use Redcard
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    Is this in store as well?
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 429
    that's what the online ad said ;)
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Does Target not carry the Garage? It's not listed online but wonder if its in the stores.
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 429
    haven't seen it in the store yet..... it is tempting... though probably it'd be better for me if they didn't have it as my wife already told me that I'm way over the monthly budget...... way over ;) (and she said that while giving me the go ahead to buy another set :) )
  • thelegoguy421thelegoguy421 Banned Posts: 64
    The Garage is only sold at Lego Stores and Toy's R Us that I know of.
    Oh, I need to pick one up for Christmas but have been holding off thinking a good deal would pop up.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    gmpirate said:

Oh, I need to pick one up for Christmas but have been holding off thinking a good deal would pop up.

TRU had it for $104.99 until yesterday. About as good as a TRU exclusive will get.

about the same as I can get at Lego store + PAB ;)
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    edited December 2012
    Found a couple clearance items this morning that worked with the BOGO.
    #3661 Bank & Money Transfer - 50% off
    #4434 Dump Truck - 30% off
    Picked up a couple of each for Christmas/Birthday presents. :)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ Was it online or in store? Dump Truck is showing $19.99 currently online, which is MSRP.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    edited December 2012
    ^, ^^ Sorry I forgot to mention. It was in-store. YMMV
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,110
    No clearance Lego at my local store. Too bad that stacking with bogo would be a good deal
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,564
    Too bad the Mine is not in stock
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    Is The Mine set that hard to find? Every store has it in the display but I cant remember the lastime I actually saw one in a store for sale.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited December 2012
    AFAIK, it's basically sold out everywhere, and I think it was an interesting "perfect storm" that created it.

The $39 Walmart price wiped them out of Walmarts and put a big dent in Target and TRU due to price matching. IMO, the exposure sparked a lot of new found interest in the set. As you said, stores have an interactive display for the set, and it definitely showcases it well.

When things are hard to find, the demand intensifies. All the online stock at retailers have dried up, and now these are selling for $130+ on eBay at a torrid pace.

I bought quite a few @ $39, and was intending to do a parts draft with them for my, but it looks as though I'm going to have to find another set to use now.
    I saw two {mine sets} at walmart today and bought them both...yes at full retail
    My local Target also had one Dino HQ on the shelf. I almost bought it but couldnt pull the trigger
  • wilburwilbur Member Posts: 49
    @Thamos75 Go back and get it before its too late! I sold one for $140 yesterday! My guess is it'll be $160 leading up to the week before christmas as parents get more desperate to make their kids happy! It's an easy 1 week flip for a modest profit and a boost to your seller profile, assuming you resell...
    Darn it...now i need to get dressed again and head out...lol
  • wilburwilbur Member Posts: 49
    BTW.... Regarding Dino sets... If you have a Barnes and Noble in your city, check it for those sets. I think most people dont even know that book store sells lego, so they may have stock left. Nowhere else in my town has it, between the two targets, TRUs and several walmarts. I bought the Dino HQ I spoke of at B&N on a whim, as well as some handy Harry Potter sets, which I have also flipped for decent immediate gains.
    Well i'm back....and yes the HQ was still there and is now in my closet. I also picked up two of the City Dump Truck sets..After tax all three sets were only $130.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    edited December 2012
    Lego Mine 4204 is readily available at Amazon for retail. Might be a while before people catch on to it though. When I sold mine, most of the buyers were from very remote areas that UPS was adding a surcharge to deliver. One was even from that odd American land that was essentially a tip of Canada (point seattle???).
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 889
    Thanos75 said:

I saw two {mine sets} at walmart today and bought them both...yes at full retail

You realize amazon has thousands of these in stock at retail? Party's over...
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    They might have thousands, or the qty thing could just say so, it does weird things.

Still, you never know, but the mine is different enough that it won't be done again for awhile, it is not another airport or fire station.
    Maybe someone should try just dropping shipping Mines from Amazon and save the shipping cost :)
    gmpirate said:

Maybe someone should try just dropping shipping Mines from Amazon and save the shipping cost :)

Just make sure that if you do that, don't use Prime. :) It is against the rules of it.

Also, since you can only order 2 of them, that doesn't work beyond... well... 2 of them. :)
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,099

They might have thousands, or the qty thing could just say so, it does weird things.

Still, you never know, but the mine is different enough that it won't be done again for awhile, it is not another airport or fire station.

I don't the trust qty thing. For example you can add 999 each of FB, MMV or the Shuttle to your cart. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt they have these quanties in stock.
    Umm, no you can't.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    You can add 999 to your cart, but it reduces your maximum amount usually down to two when you go to check out. I think the only way to know how many of one set they have is when their stock gets low enough and they display that number for the customer.
    ^ Amazon will only let you set the quantity to a maximum of 2 for the sets he mentioned.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Maybe for you, but it is letting me add whatever I want. Amazon must think I'm special
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 889

Sure, just implying buying at full retail + tax to sell at what, $130 or $140 on ebay now, is a terrible deal. The mine assumedly isn't going EOL anytime soon. It will be readily available again 25%-50% off down the road.
    it only lets you do 2 from the product page, but if you add those 2, then go to your cart, you can change the quantity up to 999. if there is less than that in stock, it will auto-reduce your cart qty to the amount they have in stock.

of course it won't let you actually check out the 999
    LegoFanTexas
    ^ Yep. That trick used to work better, but Amazon has now played with the system. I've watched it sitting at 999, then it goes to sold out almost instantly. Nothing that is qty limited to 2 per person sells 999 in 10 minutes, so the system is being gamed.

Other times, I do see the qty tick down, so clearly it isn't being done on every item. Sometimes you can get a really good idea of the pace of sales, but other times, nope.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    ^ To be fair, the cart was not created to be used as inventory gauge ;)
    dougts said:

No clearance Lego at my local store. Too bad that stacking with bogo would be a good deal

went back today and clearance was on. unfortunately, everything was gone as well. on weds night they had 10+ banks on the shelf - ghost town today. early bird gets the worm...

• ogelogelogelogel Member Posts: 47
    Went to 3 T-stores, all has 10+ banks around noon. Trying to pick up more this evening, all bank sets were gone.