Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wanted: any small MISB set from the 80s

paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
For one of my gf's Christmas presents, I'd like to get her a MISB set from the early 80s. I'm not particularly bothered what it is, as long as it's a sensible price!

I guess that probably rules out any of the classic space stuff, but any small City or other sets would suffice. Let me know if you can help - thanks!

Comments

• bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 807
    Good luck Paul. Trying to convert GF or is she an AFOL already? (Or did she convert you?)
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    I think I cunningly converted her (she is approving of all Lego purchases, as it means I won't be spending the money on model tanks instead!). Now she gets just as excited as I do when we find a Lego bargain :)

Seeing a MISB #6608 Tractor (released in 1982, the year she was born) sell on eBay for £3.40 gives me hope for a bargain stocking filler, but there doesn't seem to be much else like that floating around on eBay. I just wish I'd spotted that auction more than 10 seconds before it was due to finish! :)
  • markeyboymarkeyboy Member Posts: 3
    I won that 6608 :))
    If you do find a MISB 80's set,I do hope that you are NOT intending to give it to your girlfriend to OPEN and BUILD !!! Unopened 80's sets are collectable antiques and SHOULD remain sealed in my opinion as a collector myself
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    I've long marveled at this sealed Space Explorer, and if it might actually be the last sealed one available on the whole planet... who would open that?
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    Ooh, you lucky swine, @markeyboy! Doesn't look like the most exciting set in the world, but certainly has that classic city feel about it and who can complain at that price?

I expect she would have kept it in its box forevermore, as she is already reluctant to open anything I buy her unless I she knows I have another one spare! :)
  • chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 169
    As close as I can get are the Vintage Minifigure Collections:

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Volume 4
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    I only have #6402-1, not quite early enough, but it is cute!