Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    My LEGO status today is: traumatised. My sister just told me she thinks she may have lost her #375 when she moved house. It has been kept complete with original box in great condition since we were kids. She saved up for months to buy that. When we grew up and 'donated' our collection to the next generation of kids, it was the one set she had the sense to retain. AAAAAAAARGH I could cry. And all for some yellow plastic.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,698
    ^ Surely it has to be somewhere?

I'd like to think stuff can't go missing in a move, but I am adamant I lost a Slave 1 a few months ago.
    @Legoboy She moved from a big house to a very small flat... under a lot of stress and with a lot of help from others... so it does seem possible it got put in a wrong pile by someone and *horror* sent to the charity shop or *worse* the tip.

I am flying to Australia this week to investigate for a holiday so we can make doubly-sure together.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Put the finishing touches on my Town Hall last night and slotted it on the shelf with the rest of my now complete modular collection.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    Lego.com packages arrived a day early! How sweet is that!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited November 2012
    A long awaited parcel from poland arrived today and so my ninjago snake minifigs are now complete! Theyre so fantastic.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    Just finished taking inventory of my 9V track:

96 straight pieces
    159 curves
    1 Rail crossing "X"
    3 left switch tracks
    4 right switch tracks

Anyone have a layout they can suggest or a program that I can use to design a layout? I also have to clean off some of the rails that accumulated some "gunk."

On another note, I recently picked up the red cargo train and am now faced with the decision of mixing power function and 9V. I'm considering purchasing more track (the new, non electric rails) to enhance the red cargo train and prepare for the horizon express. I think I may just create a layout consisting of 2 seperate train "lines": a power function rail line and a 9V electric rail line.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Just got home to find a box has arrived containing Cafe Corner! Yay!
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    My YoYo package has arrived! Only 2 days with free shipping!
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    Legoboy said:

Had a really successful afternoon with Sam building his Vampire Castle (his main birthday present). A really enjoyable build, PLUS Daddy got to build one without having to break the seals on his misb. ;-)

Anybody that doesn't already have it, get it before it's gone.

I opted for the haunted house. AWESOME build! Will be worth a ton even open/used. Mainly got it for the family to put up every Halloween.
    Murdoch17 said:

Status: Finally finished my version of Anthony Sava's 2-8-4 Berkshire steam locomotive in real life. Now I just have to build some (more) passenger cars for it to pull! Here's the LDD picture: image

VERY AWESOME!!!!!! But Berks were mainly freight haulers........Just say'n ;-P.
    Murdoch17

Anyone have a layout they can suggest or a program that I can use to design a layout? I also have to clean off some of the rails that accumulated some "gunk."

On another note, I recently picked up the red cargo train and am now faced with the decision of mixing power function and 9V. I'm considering purchasing more track (the new, non electric rails) to enhance the red cargo train and prepare for the horizon express. I think I may just create a layout consisting of 2 seperate train "lines": a power function rail line and a 9V electric rail line.

I like my Power functions layout simply because it is more like HO scale DCC controll. Each loco is independently powered and controlled instead of all locos using one complete circut of powered track. However the 9v trains haul more and take corners better. Having what you have I would mix them on one layout.
  • MaskieBoyMaskieBoy Member Posts: 25
    I got a lego log cabin as a gift. I am trying not to open it until I have nothing else to entertain myself with. Lets see how long it takes me to crack XD
    Legoboy
    crazycarl said:

I like my Power functions layout simply because it is more like HO scale DCC controll. Each loco is independently powered and controlled instead of all locos using one complete circut of powered track. However the 9v trains haul more and take corners better. Having what you have I would mix them on one layout.

Do you mean linking 9V and power function track? Or having them setup separately but as part of one display?
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,466
    Loving the Hobbit Unexpected Party. :)
    Well its the first of December, so I've opened the first door of my advent calendar - I won't spoil the surprise, but it's a friendly looking chap who works for one of the emergency services.

Put up the tree and reassembled my Winter Village, with the the toy shop and the bakery. Since we're running a year behind, we'll be adding the post office this year too. Hopefully this year I'll get round to adding power function lights and a nice base for it all to sit on as it's getting rather big.

It all looks very festive under the lights of the tree and I must say I'm feeling very Christmassy today.

crazycarl said:

Do you mean linking 9V and power function track? Or having them setup separately but as part of one display?
    I would set them up seperately on one layout. Maybe join the mainlines with a switch because the power function stuff will run on all tracks. You could also use PF track as "dead tracks" for your 9v locos that you do not want to run on the mainline. That way you could run one 9v train and keep other powered 9v locos on sidings. Just push them onto the mainline when you want to run them. Best of both worlds. PM me if you need some advise on layout ideas. Thats my specialty, as I model HO and Lego guage. Good luck.
    Just got the 2012 brick friday holiday set off Amazon for $19.99 free shipping. Thats seems fair as I did not want to spend $99 to get it free.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Thinking of coming out of the AFOL closet at work and setting up my Advent Calendar in my cubicle.
    caperberrymidwestguy
    Finished the train shed, minus a couple of missing pieces
    Uploaded with Imgupr

Onto the Sopwith...
    Legoboy
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    edited December 2012
    I'm VERY happy, my #6989 is coming this week, I've sent the payment out, now I just need to do the oh so familiar waiting for that knock on the door
    edited December 2012
    ^^ Niiice! Pretty much finished bricklinking my one of those too.
    I bet you didnt get a yellow trolley for it! £16 is insane for one of those.
    Did you get the right colour doors and windows too?
    Personally, I'm happy to have the 'wrong' colour for those things because the model is just as enjoyable. It's a very nice set, and quite unique.
    Interesting seeing it with the maersk. It kind of clashes doesn't it!? Might start again in black or grey this time :)

In retrospect I think I should have bought a completed one off bricklink or ebay instead as it cost me a ton to build .. especially as I bought some of the only black roof pieces left, from all over the world, only for them to be re-released on the zombie hearse a week after they arrived! doh!

• Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Finally tracked down my last two Modulars, #10182 and #10190. Now just waiting for their arrival.
    BrickDancer
    Just uncovered my favourite rare piece yet.
    Penkid11aimlesspursuits
  • LegoZombiesLegoZombies Member Posts: 25
    Just went to my local Walmart and found the QAR for $38.99 Picked it up in a heart beat and am going to build it later this week.
  • MaskieBoyMaskieBoy Member Posts: 25
    Wish Pharaoh's quest sets were better made and no so expensive *SAD FACE* I also wish that the Anubis/jackal guards were priced cheaper :(
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

Just uncovered my favourite rare piece yet.

Nice. I just wish the logo was printed instead of stickered.
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 503
    Today my LEGO LOTR GAME arrived... WITH the ELDRON minifig. After all the stir around people not getting it, I was rather relieved getting it... as well as very happy!
  • Short_RoundShort_Round Member Posts: 161
    Just got out of hospital after bowel surgery, which was as fun as it sounds :/ Came home to a generous 'get well soon' gift from family, the Unimog. My first technic set since I was a kid...this won't end well.
    LegoboyRedbullgivesuwind
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Updating my collection today, and I realized that I am now above 10,000 pieces and 100 minifigs! After around 15 months of collecting again, I wondered where my money had gone lol.
    I'm sort of meh, my 6989 came today, first off a figure is missing his visor and only has one black hand, the other is yellow, and I think I'm missing a piece , not sure, problem was it might of fallen out of the bubble wrap :(
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    They had horses at the PAB wall today!
    finally after lots of checking and data cleaning i now know that a quarter of my collection by value is sealed. was expecting a higher number! next to find out how much is built vs mixed loose, Now thatll be a toughie. and finally once the data is clean i can learn about the wonders of pivot tables. and maybe then once the beast is under control i can get back to building.
  • sheppshepp Member Posts: 13
    "Still hunting for evidence (and parts list) of unreleased Exo-Force set 3887. It is like my white whale."
    Half way still building my 6989, I've had to use some of my bricks to fill in the missing ones :/
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Was cleaning up some areas of the basement today and discovered two sealed sets I totally forgot I had - #7594 Woody's Roundup and #7573 Battle of Alamut. The Woody's Roundup still had the receipt from Borders. $28. It must have been one of their usual 40% off coupons. Borders was awesome.

I'm glad I found the Woody's Roundup, because I was contemplating picking one up. I had all of the Toy Story sets except that one, and couldn't believe I didn't purchase it at one time. Alzheimer's, here I come.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    Couldn't sleep yesterday night so I built #4433 on the bed. :)
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    TRU employee tossed me a second #30211 Uruk Hai with ballista with my purchase today! 50 percent more army build!
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    ^ @graphite, I like that a lot!

I'm working on an alternative version myself, but it's slow progress with only the ground floor completed so far. Seeing end results like that spurs you on to continue :-)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ Thanks. There are only a few available colors that are any good that have the 1x2 with notch in it. And I liked the texture the notch gave so wanted to use that brick.
    edited December 2012
    Thats really nice. I prefer it to the 'bluegrocer' version Ive seen.
    I mentioned my Bar Corner a few weeks ago and have finally gotten round to taking a couple of photos. Definitely has to be seen with the Bar at the front as the signage gets all wrong when you see the Hotel side.

And here's my take on Market Street. Again, some changes to colours and/or bricks based on what was available at [email protected] Missing the gates and one or two other pieces, but 98% there.

LegoZombiescaperberry
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Bought 2 DS Lego games for my kid, Pirates of the Carribean and Lord of the Rings. Assembled my free Elrond, finished my review and now trying the LOTR game. No doubt my six year old kid will do better tomorrow.
    edited December 2012
    Learnt this evening that a house a few doors down the road was bulged this afternoon and stripped of all valuables. Am laying here right now watching tv devising booby traps for my LEGO room. It is fair to say I am a tad on the anxious side. :-\ Don't want to be leaving for work in the morning.
    edited December 2012
    ^ Dont worry, just set up #7572 in the doorway
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7572-1
    edited December 2012
    I'm really sorry to hear that Si. Best get those 2013 Friends sets preordered. :-) Congrats again mate.

Oh yes, and my status is...

I now have a daughter :)

Yippee! Congrats Si, very glad all went well.