Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

PaulTR: Well, I'm here!

PaulTRPaulTR Member Posts: 115
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hi! My name is PaulTR (that's my first name and my middle and last initials;), I'm 17 years old, and a proud member of MOCpages and the illustrious Brickset! I live in New Jersey with my 7 brothers and sister (yes, 7; I'm not making this up!), along with my awesome science-teacher dad and my super-mother. I'm a homeschooled senior who will be graduating pretty soon (yay!), and I plan on entering the law enforcement field as either a police officer or federal marshall. I've been playing with LEGOs for over a decade; I have a pretty modest collection of pieces (20,000) and around 20 built SW sets, around 50 Bionicles (that era has passed, sadly), and a mish-mash of throw-back sets from City, Pirates, and Alpha team. I'm a pretty reclusive guy who just likes to build random stuff and geke out ove anything involving LEGOs. My only notable accomplishment in the field of LEGO building was my LEGO Club House, which garnered me a spot as one of 5 winners in the LEGO Magazine Clubhouse Building Challenge, a pic in the May 2007 issue of the LEGO Magazine, and a nifty $100 in LEGOs (which I spent on the entire 2007 Exo-Force line, which I promtly dismantled for parts :) I plan on building with LEGOs for as long as I can, and since I'm going to a community college for only 2 years, I plan on staying around my LEGOs for a long time!

If you want to check out my humble MOCpages account, just head on over using this address!
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/69561

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,529
    Cheers for the intro, Paul, and welcome !
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Welcome Paul,

I don't mean to imply that reclusiveness is a definitively bad trait, but perhaps you are more outgoing than you think as you've shared quite a bit of yourself so soon after joining the forum.
  • cennsorcennsor Member Posts: 7
    hi paul and welcome! pretty neat stuff you got there.
  • elazgarelazgar Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2011
    Hi Paul, I´ve been looking at your MOCpages account and the church is simply amazing, a friend of mine tried to build one a few months ago which was a dissaster, I mean, it didn´t have much originality at all, he took one of his Creator Housses and just redecored its interior and changed some little parts of the walls.
    How can you build this king of thing with so many brothers? At home I have "forbiden" my little brother to enter my room if I´m not there watching what he takes and touch and despite this I always have to rebuild my sets...

Referring to my condition of AFFOL or SheFOL (as I imagine you have read in my introduction) do you thing we are a kind of TeenFOL or something similar? I´m not sure if a word for that idea already exist, what I´m sure is that I have never read it.

Keep MOCing! I love your creations!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited April 2011

Referring to my condition of AFFOL or SheFOL (as I imagine you have read in my introduction) do you thing we are a kind of TeenFOL or something similar? I´m not sure if a word for that idea already exist, what I´m sure is that I have never read it.
    It's TFOL.
  • elazgarelazgar Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2011
    It's TFOL.
    Thanks for the explanation, I looked it up on the EB glossary and it didn´t appear.
  • PaulTRPaulTR Member Posts: 115
    edited April 2011
    How can you build this king of thing with so many brothers? At home I have "forbiden" my little brother to enter my room if I´m not there watching what he takes and touch and despite this I always have to rebuild my sets...
    The truth is, I just barely get by with my building: my little sisters are constantly switching around my minifig's heads and my littlest brother is always smashing up my creations. I also own a little parrot who tries to sneak into my room and eat my work sometimes, but after I gave him a stern lecture, he stopped :) My older siblings are generally respectful of my creations, but even they take to poaching some of my parts now and then for their own creations. Ironically, the only thing in the house who respects my creations is my dog: despite being a pretty big dog, he is always very careful where he puts his feet; he even gently pushes LEGOs out of the way before he lays down on my floor!
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited April 2011
    @PaulTR, I've sorted out your quoting trouble and removed @ShaiiArt's post from here now that he's started his own thread. Just keeping things tidy :-)
  • PaulTRPaulTR Member Posts: 115
    edited April 2011
    @PaulTR, I've sorted out your quoting trouble and removed @ShaiiArt's post from here now that he's started his own thread. Just keeping things tidy :-)
    Ahh! I've got the hang of it now! Thank you very much!

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    No problem at all, here to help.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    I looked it up on the EB glossary and it didn´t appear.
    Check out the 'Tabletown' glossary linked from here ...
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/103/faq-burps-snot-crapp-what-language-are-you-speaking/