Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Box variation for 10219 Maersk Train [US]

Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
I was recently putting all my 10219 Maersk Trains together and noticed the boxes were slightly different. The boxes I had shipped to me the first week the train came out are of a slightly different shade of blue and the Lego studs go across the flap whereas the new boxes I just recently ordered do not. The manufacturing and distribution information are different as well. Is this normal?

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Yes, this is normal...

Everything from small City sets to Death Stars have these small changes.

Why? I have no idea, the contents are the same so I don't worry about it.

It isn't even different sources, there are times I've bought two sets from Amazon (not a 3rd party seller, Amazon directly), and they have had such variations.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    I figured as much. I know a few years ago Lego produced Star Wars sets in blue and black boxes, but I know that's obviously different.
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    I bet the changes were made to increase the legibility of the legal notification section on the packaging.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    I have at least 3 variations of 10212.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    Just for edification
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    pcirone said:

I have at least 3 variations of 10212.

I just received 2 of that set from Amazon, the box is different quality than the older copies of that set. It is thicker cardboard than the paper-thin versions I bought last year.

They actually came in nearly mint condition this time! :)
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    I just received 2 10221's from amazon that were both in a tremendous box (that could have held 6 SSD's) protected by a single sheet of crumpled up brown paper. They are not in nearly mint condition. :(

Amazon has the absolute worst packing department.