Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New Themes in the Club Magazine

murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
edited December 2012 in Collecting
Got the newest LEGO Club magazine yesterday and there's some interesting stuff. Coolest thing in there to me is an end to their Monster Fighter's saga that leads right into.... GALAXY SQUAD!

I put pics in a flickr set here: flickr.com/photos/murphquake/sets/72157631901952754/

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,297
    So MF really is on it's way out already? Just a one year issue.

I know they need to advertise forthcoming sets, but it seems a little strange to do that to current sets just before Christmas. They are almost saying forget monster fighters, here comes something else.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Great thanks for sharing! A nice little teaser.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    CCC said:

So MF really is on it's way out already? Just a one year issue.

I know they need to advertise forthcoming sets, but it seems a little strange to do that to current sets just before Christmas. They are almost saying forget monster fighters, here comes something else.

One year themes are getting to be a common lego thing but it's usually a licensed theme.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,202
    ^Pharaoh's Quest and Alien Conquest were one and done. This seems to be the standard for the smaller action themes (to run alongside the larger theme eg ninjago, LoC.
    Yeah, it's just a shame that they seem to be killing a popular one. MF seems more popular than PQ and AC. Maybe just my impression though.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,649
    It could be they decide to revive it if it sold well enough, perhaps as another summer wave leading into halloween again. Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult a thing to fast track
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Hmm...maybe I should pick up the Haunted House sooner than I thought.
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    ^ true. Four or six sets released in late summer would be ideal for Monster Fighters, and hopefully keep the (idea, not plastic) quality high.

Back on topic - decent space LEGO again! Finally :)

murphquake
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    I think the GS set shown in the comic is #70702 "Warp Stinger".
    http://www.brickset.com/browse/years/?year=2013&Theme=Space
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    I have just seen the galaxy squad images, sadly I cannot post the link here because they are preliminary, they look like mars mission sets did
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    #bluemoose I think it is warp stinger because the green alien thing is a bug like that one and it has a purple and green stinger with four green wings and a lot of legs (I think it is 10 legs)
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Not into the bugs at all..
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    I really like the wings, though; first seen on Ultimate Beetle from the forthcoming Marvel Superheroes set, I believe? If they're intended for every bug, it'll be much cheaper buying them in these sets rather than the SH set. I love the varied new minifig-scale wings lego is producing lately - Chima bird-wings, Geonosian insect-wings, Manbat arm-wings and Fairy wings from CMF series 8...along with the tricolour bird-wings from the Pharaoh's Quest, my choices for winged minifig MOCs are multiplying rapidly!
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    ^and don't forget Batman's batwings in the catwoman city chase set . ;)
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ^Dang, you're right! How could I forget those - especially when I have three of them on the desk in front of me as I type....!

And while I'm at it - the classic dragon wings, attached to a suitable neck-piece!

Thanks for the reminder,, Luke.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    WINGS WINGS WINGS! Don't eat buffalo wings while building but otherwise Tommy Want Wingie!
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    The City add on page 24 gives a glimpse at unseen city set 60009.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    Good catch... had to squint to read the license plate number, but it appears to be the mystery set 60009, and if what they are showing is what comes in the set, I think it's another one I'm going to have to buy.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,914
    ^ Picture? It doesn't show 60009 in the Canadian magazine.
    Wow nice eyes @Ma1234! Looks like an interesting vehicle, will it be related to the boat or helo as well though?

Here's some pics of the magazine I put up last week:

Lego Club Nov-Dec 12 Magazine

Lego Club Nov-Dec 12 Magazine

(can one of the mods delete the first post, couldn't get pic links to play nice, thanks)
    I bet that the set is a large. dockside robber's hideout with getaway boat, truck and a police copter. About time the robber's start to get more places to live.
    that would be sweet!
    The set is now listed - without a picture - at toysrus.com for $54.99 (so should be $49.99 retail). It also listed at Brickshop.nl. Set #60009, "Helicopter Arrest."
  • JpegJpeg Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    A Galaxy Squad figure has appeared for sale on eBay. It's an insect apparently -but quite different from the one in the club mag. The seller has other unreleased figures too - including a mosquito figure that does resemble the pics in the mag, Chima wolves and Nick Fury.
    http://tinyurl.com/bk25c6l
    So it looks like a proper head, with headgear over the top.
    #60009 is now in the database. Looks like a great little set. But a little overpriced at $49.99 for 350ish pieces. Should be $39.99, IMO.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    ^ Love the garage. With the roof construction, it looks like straight from the 80s (e.g. #6369).

And I'm very curious how they did the upside-down tail on the helicopter. Right now I have no explanation for that. Should they finally have come up with plates with studs on both sides?
    I totally agree with that @Ma1234! even with 5 figs and a dog (and the large parts for the helo, which are big, but make for way too easy building, IMNSHO) 350 city parts for 50 bucks is a stretch... I could see 45, or add something else to it. Then again, I think we all need to be realistic that the golden ratio of 10 cents PPP is going to grow to 11 and 12 and so on until 10cents PPP would be looked on as a huge bargain. Did you notice one of the masonry profile bricks (brick-brick =-) is facing the other way from the rest in the wall?
    @mressin good question... I see the tail rotor is attached to one of the new 1x2 plates with technic pin-hole on top. I have a feeling the boat tile looking thing under the tail boom is the key to the inverted tail. Lots of ways to do it, just can't tell which they used from the pics available right now
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    It's strange, I received my LEGO magazine, I never got the GS comic...
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,914
    I missed out on #3222, so I guess the helicopter in #60009 is a good alternative.
    @Sherlockbones it's just the end few frames of the Monster Fighters comic
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    I never got the Monster fighters comic, I only got a SW comic :/