Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Black Friday Specials

1234568»

Comments

• y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    That will wind up being the solution. The problem will be, I had sets I actually wanted to pick up and they don't. Having the sets sent to my office or having another family member order them is certainly another solution, but it's also the very definition of skirting the system.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    1265 said:

It's funny that folks get so upset about not getting something that they feel they should regardless of the rules. But..but..but..but..but....he got it, so why not me......hahahahaha.

The problem is that the system is putting into the shopping cart, it is allowing you to check out with the item, it then sends you an order confirmation e-mail with the item in it.

Then after all that, the item doesn't show up. That is the problem.

Amazon has qty limits on purchases. I don't see anyone here complaining about that, they just don't let you check out with more than they want to sell you.

If LEGO was doing that, you wouldn't see complaints. If they really want to limit it, then the system should stop adding it to the shopping cart.

For what it is worth, a few more boxes arrived today, the two I opened both had the holiday set in it (knock on wood). I've just placed some more orders tonight on the site, my e-mails all have the holiday set in them, so I'm going to expect to get them. Wouldn't have placed the orders otherwise.

We shall see. :)
  • blake711blake711 Member Posts: 23
    Just and FYI I saw tons of 5749 sets at Walmart tonight. The small Walmart where I live was sold out Thursday night. I visited a larger one the next town over and it probably had 50 sets between the Duplo and the 5749. I already have a few at home but couldn't resist and had to get a couple more. It was the Owasso, OK store if anyone is interested.

Not sure if it was left over from BF or extra stock showing up. They were stocking like crazy tonight. I was looking for some TMNT Action figures that were less than $9 bucks retail now going for $25 by resellers on Amazon happened to see a box of them on a cart and got a worker to open it up and let me take my pick at $8.88 so I was very pleased.
    Amazon has LEGO 779384 (884 Pieces) listed as a Cyber Monday sale at 9am PST
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Amazon lowered Tower Bridge to $209.99 and SSD to $319.97
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,478
    I saw the TB.. I just cannot pull the trigger..
    If Im going to spend 210 dollars on something it would probably be the IS.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Dougout said:

Amazon lowered Tower Bridge to $209.99 and SSD to $319.97

Those are good prices, just keep in mind both will be around for at least another year.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    edited November 2012
    Definitely SSD, but will TB really stick around another whole year?

It's down to $199.99 now, I'm waiting for it to dip a little lower. I almost regret getting one on Black Friday now.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    When news of the next sculpture leaks then that will tell you TB is on the way out. So far I have not heard a thing.
    The amazon bulk brick wasn't a deal at all. I just looked on the porch and my Black Friday purchase I made at LHS was here already. My son was helping open the fedex box right before I stopped him. Close call.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Yeah, Amazon's lightning deal was $52 for roughly 800 bricks. You could have bought 3 of Wal-Mart's sets for that price and gotten over a thousand extra bricks.

My two [email protected] orders arrived and luckily, both did have the holiday set.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    It looks like the Lego holiday promo set is gone. I had been debating an online order, and finally decided on it, put the items in my cart, and no holiday set. Looking at the site, the info on it is now removed. My bad for not coming to a decision earlier, but it looks like I will pass on that order now. I guess that is a positive. :-)
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^This lends credence to the assertion that they weren't initially enforcing the limits, realized they didn't even have close to enough to meet demand and then had to change how it was being enforced on the fly. Even in spite of all that, the B-Wing I ordered so I could pick up an extra TC-14 is showing as having been shipped with a holiday set. We'll see if it actually shows up.
  • jonboy2000jonboy2000 Member Posts: 256
    Can anyone remember if it was a standard 10% off in B&M stores on the Monday? I bought a B-wing and was wondering if I should have received the discount.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 1,006
    edited December 2012

Can anyone remember if it was a standard 10% off in B&M stores on the Monday? I bought a B-wing and was wondering if I should have received the discount.

I believe that the discount was only in stores on Friday. If you ordered online, the discount went through the weekend.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    In store 10% lasted through Monday but was not automatically given and was also unadvertised - you had to know to ask for it
  • jonboy2000jonboy2000 Member Posts: 256
    ^ I thought I saw the 10% off advertised on the Sunday but then don't remember seeing it on the Monday and forgot to ask about it. It seems a bit unfair that it was available but only if you were "in the know"
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Any thoughts on what Lego might do on the 25th or 26th? Can't remember if they offered much last year. But looking at the BF disaster of offerings this year, I'm not hopeful.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    What was left from the BF sale and random sets from different lines. I believe a few stores had some "found" sets they put out as well.

If you want to stock up on some "Cad Bane" type sets then that is your day ;)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,478
    prevere said:

Any thoughts on what Lego might do on the 25th or 26th? Can't remember if they offered much last year. But looking at the BF disaster of offerings this year, I'm not hopeful.

From the direction I got from a store manager it sounds like the BF was going to be lame (although the red cargo trains were nice) but the after Christmas sale may be bigger.