Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Yoyo 40% off up to $40 on 1 item (limit 20,000 users) - Helm's Deep apprx $71 and other good deals

tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
This went from TnB to SD already....it'll be used up quickly, some good deals to be had:

Use TOY40 as the promo code when checking out
BrianChang405hwdsl2mathewAlczervikBumblepantsOdinduskjadeirenemurphquake

Comments

• lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Got the Avengers Quinjet for 37.79 and free shipping. Thanks for the tip!
  • EnglishbobEnglishbob Member Posts: 24
    Woohoo, thanks tk79. Got Sith fury interceptor for $49.79 with no sales tax and free shipping. Great deal.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    Oh I feel dirty. I told my wife I was actually going to get rid of some sets and here I can't resist. Ordered Sith Fury for $50.
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    edited November 2012
    Thank you @tk79! I ordered 4439 Heavy Duty Helicopter for $26.99 and also got 4434 Dump Truck to get free shipping. Total was $46.98, no sales tax!
  • littlerobinlittlerobin Member Posts: 17
    Thank you! I got my Whitecap Bay for $40!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,946
    and just a couple hours ago I was telling myself how I was done buying Lego until next year... Got a Skull Truck for $32 and tossed in the green Garbage Truck for my son since they are gone just about everywhere else. I need to stay away from Brickset for awhile before I go broke.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Thanks OP, still working as of just now.. got a pair of 9474 Helm's Deep for ~$70 per.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 952
    How do they track multiple orders? I have only been able to place one.
  • wehrlibirdwehrlibird Member Posts: 12
    teal93mr2 said:

How do they track multiple orders? I have only been able to place one.

Per a post on SD, pay with paypal for one order and then credit card for another order and that should work.

• hwdsl2hwdsl2 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks OP. Ordered with 40% off.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 325
    I thought I was done buying too, but couldn't pass this up. Thanks tk79.
  • LegoPodcasterLegoPodcaster Member Posts: 115
    @tk79 Thanks for posting the deal! Just got Helms Deep for $70.49
    I opened a new account under a different email and ordered AC Earth Defense for $50. Used Paypal on first order (Sith Infiltrator) and wife's CC on second order. Received order confirmation for Earth Defense and Sith Infiltrator has already shipped. Very cool deal to get two space sets that I wanted for $100 shipped and no tax.
  • patsfan12patsfan12 Member Posts: 10
    Picked up Helm's Deep. Thanks for the deal.
  • murroughmurrough Member Posts: 59
    Just got the Fire Temple at $85 Thanks for posting this.
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    thanks got dino trex for 30 some , was mulling over mindstorms which comes to about 211 with code, thumbs up for you
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    edited November 2012
    Cool! Thanks for posting this.. I got the Alien Conquest copter and threw in a small set just to make it to the free shipping :) Total is $37 and I got free shipping! :)
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Picked up Gungan sub. Thanks!
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 360
    Picked up Helm's Deep. Been waiting for a good deal like that to get it. Thanks for the heads up.
  • DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    Thanks for posting this offer... I picked up #7498 Police Station for $57.59.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    murrough said:

How did you get the Fire Temple? I don't see it.

gmpirate said:

murrough said:

How did you get the Fire Temple? I don't see it.

Its here http://www.yoyo.com/p/lego-ninjago-fire-temple-1174-pcs-2507-138718

That's weird. Did it just go out of stock?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed a #7347 for $43.19 since it was already $8 off and was free shipping.
    9515 Malevolence is now out of stock as well.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Not sure what the big deal is with Helms Deep. Everybody raves about it. But at $71, I will give it a chance.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^I actually dislike Helm's Deep immensely, but at $71, it's a pretty good deal. I still say you need two or three to make it into a decent castle, however.
    edited November 2012
    ^ Have you even built it? I'm not sure how someone could dislike it "immensely" after building it. Granted while it's not a complete castle which a lot of people want; I personally like it much better than the last King's Castle. It's loaded with detail and play features. You can also use it as a basis for a variety of different fortresses. Only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't fit very well on a shelf for display purposes.
    I have indeed built it. It's my second least favorite set in the first LotR wave behind Mines of Moria, and, I think, one of the absolute worst castles in recent memory. The fact that it barely resembles Aglarond is also a huge issue for me.

Personally, after seeing the first wave of Hobbit sets, I really wish Helm's Deep had come out later. The Hobbit sets are so far superior to the LotR sets, that I believe they could have done a really fantastic Helm's Deep given the opportunity.

Again, you can make a halfway decent model with two or three sets, but one by itself isn't very good. In spite of this, $71 is a good deal, and it couldn't hurt to pick one up for those who are on the fence.
  • gamecocksteeplegamecocksteeple Member Posts: 19
    Since Helm's Deep is already on sale it won't let me use the code. How did you get it to work?
    ^ Strange. How can you assume that they could design a better Helm's Deep after seeing The Hobbit sets? If anything The Hobbit sets, aside from An Unexpected Gathering, look to be most similar to Mines of Moria from the LotR wave. Scenes from the movie rather than complete sets or structures. The consensus is that it would take a 2-3K brick structure to adequately capture Helm's Deep. This would put it in the $2-300 price range. Pretty un-realistic wouldn't you say?
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    ^It worked with sale items earlier. Grabbed me an NXT2.0 for $211 thx @tk79
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,954
    @gamecocksteeple- I have used both the 30% and the 40% with items on sale. It worked fine in both cases. I did not do anything special to get it to work.
    ^^^It should work just by putting in the code. The only way it will not work is if you already placed an order.
    edited November 2012
    mathew said:

^ Strange. How can you assume that they could design a better Helm's Deep after seeing The Hobbit sets? If anything The Hobbit sets, aside from An Unexpected Gathering, look to be most similar to Mines of Moria from the LotR wave. Scenes from the movie rather than complete sets or structures. The consensus is that it would take a 2-3K brick structure to adequately capture Helm's Deep. This would put it in the $2-300 price range. Pretty un-realistic wouldn't you say?

We disagree on the 'complete sets' point, but I do agree that all of these sets are scenes rather than complete structures. But there's not a single Hobbit set I look at (with the possible exception of Riddles for the Ring) and say, "Where's the rest of that set?" Mines of Moria and Helm's Deep (and Weathertop, to a lesser extent) look like sets that TLG never got around to finishing the designs for and so just decided to sell them as is. They're comprised entirely of disconnected elements just floating around, rather than even attempting to give the illusion of a complete set.

Now, the biggest problem with Helm's Deep is that, without creating some sort of representation of the Glittering Caves, it's intrinsically going to look like half a structure. That said, I think they could have reached a middle ground between 'cost-effective, but utter garbage' and 'beautiful but too expensive.' Given a wave or two to improve their designs, I see no reason a $200 Helm's Deep couldn't have existed and been happily purchased.

Again, I think this set is a fine value at $71... I was just affirming @Ma1234's reservations about the quality of the set.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878
    Helm's Deep no longer works for me. Site is claiming on sale items are not eligible for discount.
    Having just re-watched Fellowship of the Ring and building Mines of Moria I actually think they did ok with it. I agree that it's incomplete feeling, but taking into account the scene from the movie I'm not sure what else they could of included. It's just really over priced I think. I paid $60 for it which should of probably been retail. A lot of people say that the part count was fine for the price but a lot of the pieces are small cheese slopes and tiles. The play features also don't work very well. Helm's Deep has been pretty consistently priced around $100 and at that price I think it's pretty good. It's just so much more detailed than previous castles I'm not sure why someone would be so un-impressed with it unless they had un-realistic expectations.
  • blake711blake711 Member Posts: 23
    Thx TK79 it worked for me and I picked up a Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout 6868 for $28.19 and added a Mini Digger to get me over $60 before discount to get free shipping. My son has been wanting the large HULK lego finally got a deal on it.
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    I picked up an earth defense(7066) for $53.99. Had to pay tax though. Bummer. Thanks for the heads up.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I personally loved building Helm's Deep, but I can understand why some may feel it's not a compete fortress. I still think the level of detail is amazing though. I would like to get a second one to combine with it, but I would rather focus on getting the rest of the line.

On that note, I did use the coupon to order Mines of Moira. Now I only need Weathertop to finish up the first wave.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    I put in an order yesterday and the box just arrived on my doorstep. I think this is the first time I've ever placed an order on Sunday and had it arrive at 12:30 pm Monday. I think I've found a new favorite place to buy LEGO.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    wow, that's incredible
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    Yup... one of mine is supposed to do the same... ordered yesterday and it's to be delivered by 5PM today..... Can't wait :) Though I have a feeling I'll have to wait putting it together till tomorrow as as soon as I finish work, we are going to visit the mouse....
  • blake711blake711 Member Posts: 23
    I ordered mine last night should have it tomorrow. I Was more amazed I ordered from LHS on BF and got my packaged today. AMAZING!
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    My order got cancelled due to out of stock. It was gungan sub.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    I picked up the Quinjet and it arrived today. They used a box that was about 5x taller than it needed to be, but they crammed it FULL of those airpac bubble... pod...things. It will cover my shipping needs for a full year, heh.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Last time I ordered from yoyo the Lego box came with the plastic seals cut.

This time, it looks like someone also tried to cut the seals. However, it looks like they missed and instead, there is a gash through the box all the way down, right next to the end where the seals are.

Both cases, the Lego box came in a giant box full of padding and I was careful opening them. Given the size of the shipping box, I don't think could have slashed the Lego box inside if I tried (unless I was opening it with a machete).

I don't get yoyo. Are they damaging the boxes on purpose?
    ^ I've made three Lego purchases from Yoyo and they all arrived in pristine condition. No complaints. What you're experiencing sounds very extreme and suspicious.
    LegoDad42
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    bea said:

Both cases, the Lego box came in a giant box full of padding and I was careful opening them. Given the size of the shipping box, I don't think could have slashed the Lego box inside if I tried (unless I was opening it with a machete).

I ordered a #9474 with this deal and it arrive yesterday. Similar to yours, the box was overly large and overpacked with air packets. It was so full of packets that the top of the box was bulging out about two inches. Upon getting the set out of the shipping box, I noticed that, because of this, the set box had a heavy crease across it. I don't care much about set boxes as long as the contents are okay, so it's not a problem for me. But I imagine a collector may have been upset.

Also, as someone who used to work as a package handler for a major US ground shipper, overpacking is generally worse for a package than underpacking. When a package is overpacked, it's more likely to come unsealed, which means it has to come off the "main line", so to speak, to be assessed for damage, re-packed, etc. This results in more manual handling and therefore opportunities for damage. If a package is underpacked, it's more likely to get crushed by something heavy, but that's a fairly rare occurrence because of the way packages are loaded. I know people often complain about Amazon shipments having essentially no padding, but they really do know what they're doing in that regard.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    Got mine today too. Ordered a #7347 and here is how it came.