Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Glitches in Lego promo material

mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
edited July 2012 in Everything else LEGO
Found another small but maybe interesting glitch in Lego promotion material:

In the Spring 2012 Lego catalog (the one with the green Ninjago cover), the first page of Star Wars products shows the three Star Wars planets sets "Naboo Starfighter"; "Sebulba's Podracer" and "Tie Interceptor". Next to each, there is a small graphic illustrating iconically how the actual product is contained in the planets/spheres. The models in these illustrations are clearly not the final models:
- The front of the Naboo Starfighter is made up of a 1x3 arched slope, not a 2x2 arched slope
- Sebulba's podracer engines end in a half-sphere, the model seems to have blue or violet elements in it.
- The Tie Fighter solar panels are fixed to the main body in a different way.

The planets itself are also different, specifically the way both halves attach to each other. Very noticeable for the Death Star.

Looks a bit to me as if these were prototypes or concept art.

Comments

• mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    More like a glitch in an instruction, but anyway:

In set #3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party, on page 58, build step 32 (2 and 3), the porthole part has two orange Brick 1x1 (3005) on each side. On the next page (p. 59, build step 33), the top two are suddenly replaced by two orange Inverted Slope 45 2x1, of which the set only has two (which have already been used on page 43, build step 15). The final picture of the set on page 75, build step 44, clearly shows four Brick 1x1 (3005) again, but the promo photo on page 77 shows the model with two Inverted Slope 45 2x1 again. One of the promo pictures on the shop.lego.com website features the same error.

It looks as if originally the model was supposed to use four slopes instead of two.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    I know one of the [email protected] catalogues from a while back had the descriptions from either #4736 or #4737 mixed up with some creator plane.
    Another one: In the main image for the B-Wing UCS set (also used on Brickset), there is a plate 4 studs wide above the red spot on the lower wing which shouldn't be there and is not seen in any of the other pictures. Also, the 2x6 wedges seem to be in dark bluish gray, when they really are in light bluish grey in all other images.
    BrickDancer
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    This was positively ages ago, but I seem to remember receiving a Lego catalogue where one description was in German (the rest of the catalogue was in English). I think it was for a Technics/Drome racers type bike, so it must have been 2003-ish?

Apart from that, they used to often put two pictures on top of each other, slightly overlapping, but I haven't noticed that recently.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    This is the latest Australian 2012 Lego Catalogue, as you can see one of the alternate "Transport Choppers" is sitting over the "Seaside House". Pretty sure it's not suppose to be there.

Catalogue Error
    CCCMarkey
    edited November 2012
    Assembled my B-Wing over the weekend and found another peculiarity: two notable differences between the final model and the one printed on the technical data plate sticker (see here).

One difference, of course, is the cockpit canopy: The windscreen area on the fact sheet sticker is much larger - I wish they would've used that print, because in my eyes it looks much more like a B-Wing cockpit. Would be interesting to know why they discarded it.

A bit more puzzling is that the model on the technical data plate sticker is not fully assembled. It misses two Curved Slopes 4 x 2 bracketing the cockpit assembly (the ones in dark bluish gray, see here). On the sticker, there are only studs.
  • mechteachmechteach Member Posts: 19
    The Chase polybag that came with the video game discount card at target (http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/5000281-1.jpg) showed the minifig with dark brown hair. Instead, he has light tan hair.
    Found a rather extensive error in the #40010 Father Christmas with Sled X-mas set:

In the set pictures, the reindeer has a black 1x1 round plate as nose. In the instructions, that plate is attached during build step 3 of the reindeer head. In all later diagrams in the instructions, however, the black plate is missing.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,896
    ^ Animals are allowed nose jobs too!

They should have used a red stud too.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    edited November 2012
    Noticed this set below among my stash...oops!

Can't imagine this error would make this valuable seeing as this set is for kids to play...having two cards for Chokun and none for Jay would make that a little tough.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 787
    ^Holy moly! I've never seen that happen before! It NRG Kai by the way ;o)