Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    Hurrah, my #8969 has arrived from Uncle eBay complete with my very own super-cool Dr D. Zaster! (not to be confused with the super-cool Dr D. Watford ;-))
    MinifigsMePenkid11
  • dino_girldino_girl LondonMember Posts: 107
    I got fix! I treated myself to #9496 desert skiff. Nice set Happy dino_girl
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Playing much Vampyre Castle with my son while listening to Bach's organ fugues and toccatas. I'm a harpsichord man, myself.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    @Jenni the LEGO store employee actually asked my son directly about his age and my son answered with his correct age. I understand LEGO's position but was just annoyed with all the changes at the LEGO store, like with grab bags. The employee also told me that they'll be selling the Turkey set later in the month for $4.99.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639

Started breaking down 'Autumn' display sets (Haunted House, MF & Halloween polys, Superheroes, entire Clone Wars line, etc) to clear way for the 'Winter' display sets. Yay for the incoming Winter Village, SW PT and LotR setups!!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @aimlesspursuits I'm still going to ask. I understand age limits to rule out kids too young to build by themselves and kids too old to get excited (though by that standard they should add us back in around 30) but I really doubt they're meant to be enforced in this manner.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 785
    Just finished CMF S8, also found out that the Lego Stores are now discounting damaged boxed sets, no innards tampering and still sealed. The damaged set I saw was a Pet Shop that had just a wrinkle on the front. 10% off ! Seems to be all they can do since Grab Bags have been discontinued.
    ^ they've always done this they just don't always have them out. There was a DS at my local store last week.
  • mechteachmechteach Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2012
    We just finished putting back together my husband's old Galaxy Commander last night. We brought it back (in pieces) from his parents' house this summer, but then our son subsumed most of the parts back into the general Lego box. D'oh! Lots of hunt and peck, but we ended up finishing it, minus the round antenna (oh well) and two small, relatively common pieces for which we had to color-substitute. I'm sure the latter will turn up later, though.
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Playing Heroica with my 6 year old son who bents and makes up the rules as long as he wins.
  • Short_RoundShort_Round Member Posts: 161
    Building Vampyre Castle with a nice cup of tea and watching Dead Man's Shoes again. Good Sunday.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,260
    Just finished building #10178. It was assembled when I bought it and having it back together and watching it walk across the floor just makes me grin. This is the reason I love LEGO.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 865
    @aimlesspursuits I didn't know they were going to be selling the Turkey outright until I saw a lady yesterday ask for 15 of them. I inquired, and yes, they are for sale for $4.99 - too much for a turkey, but I guess she really wanted the Holiday Pick-A-Brick box.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited November 2012
    I think Im finally becoming a minifig collector. I guess thats something which is bound to happen once you feel you have enough parts and so I guess that half a million parts must be about enough.

I used to be the guy who'd sell the minifigs to keep the bricks, but now Im more inclined to do the opposite. Is this because I dont feel the need for the bricks any more or is it because the sets are different these days?

certainly there seem to be some amazingly good figs these days but the sets seem to be getting worse in general. Maybe thinking that is just an 'ageing stage' along the road of being a collector.
  • The_Sly_FoxThe_Sly_Fox Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2012
    Just reduced the BIN price for my Lego Star Wars collection. If it does not sell then I will (quite happily tbh) be keeping it and adding to it, with the new sets to be released. The prices have gone down lately so I'm sure it will be worth more in years to come :-)
    Quote from my wife when looking at the Lego Friends catalogue - there's a picture of a hedgehog on the front and I was saying how much I liked it .. "..oh, is that a hedgehog? I thought it was a strange looking child!"

Another amusing quote, on seeing Friends "this is like the offspring of desperate housewives"
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 420
    Today I'm struggling. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more Lego til Christmas. Then Toys r Us have a 3 for 2. Then a Toys r Us Gold Card drops through my letterbox. Then the Lego Christmas catalog lands on the door mat. And Amazon discount 'An Unexpected Gathering' by 25%.

I feel like God is taunting me (if there was a God, which there isn't, but that's for a different forum!)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,260
    Started building my MOC Modular Train Station last night. Hoping that my one Bricklink Order with the last couple pieces comes today or tomorrow so I can finish it this weekend.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Thinking . . . Thinking about putting away the Haunted House and building the Winter Village pieces! It's a dreary day with showers off/on so perfect for building!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,835
    edited November 2012
    Thanks to a phone glitch put a maxium bid on an ebay item of 1,020 when I wanted to put 20 this could get expensive......
    you can retract bids, just call ebay
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,835
    Thats true. Ive sent a message to the buyer explaining, but I dont want to come off as one of those people who put in a very high bid to see where the limit is then retract it and put a lower bid in.
    Took care of the Haunted House, but no building accomplished. Maybe today (Saturday)!
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Purchased Jabba's Palace for 20% off. Pretty cool set, but a little disappointing for the price(at least I got it for 20% off! lol).
    I've just been through all my sealed box sets and inventoried them. Scary! Dont know when I'll get time to open them all, but I hope that I do one day!
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    I was going to take the Haunted House and other Halloween sets down tonight, till I came back into the room and saw them all glowing in the dark. If they ever make the Christmas sets glow as well I'll be leaving them up all year!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,521
    I'm building my Winter Cottage and finding some very strange building techniques.
    I will finish it tomorrow....
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I managed to talk my wife into letting me have a larger room for my collection. This process involves switching around several rooms in the house so the next month or so will be spent on that. Not looking forward to all the work but the end result will be great!
    edited November 2012
    Realized its just past my 1 year mark since coming out of my dark ages and joining Brickset. Reflecting on what a great year it has been and I'm so happy to have found a community I can call my Lego Home. This hobby has made a difference in my life. Only made possible by all the kind Bricksetters and hard-working Admins that keep this place running & growing. Happy building indeed!
    caperberryPenkid11LegoZombiesBuriedinBricksdino_girlBumblepantsGothamConstructionCoMorkMan
    Found myself arguing with my daughter about who would get the Unexpected Gathering. She may be the most spoiled child in the world but I've been waiting 28 years for this set and glancing through the graphic novel a few months ago does not compare.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Began Winter Village Cottage last night and already in lerv. The snow plough is just stunning. Even the house's tiled floor did not dampen my enthusiasm
  • cozycozy Member Posts: 146
    I just got orc forge through the post from amazon so i'm happy
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,259
    Helped my 11 month old daughter put together some 2x2 Duplo bricks together for the first time today, so fun to watch her learn to build.
  • Murdoch17Murdoch17 Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    Status: Finally finished my version of Anthony Sava's 2-8-4 Berkshire steam locomotive in real life. Now I just have to build some (more) passenger cars for it to pull! Here's the LDD picture: image
    Legoboy
    Just finished wrapping dino jr birthday presents lots of boxes that rattle ;-)

I wonder what we build first. I vote for #8403 city house but I think she will want to build #8465 the zombies
    Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

dino_girlBrick_Obsessionsamiam391Legoboy
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,521
    I just built my Spiders and Flies Hobbit set and can't wait for a 3 for 2 offer so I can buy a few more.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Finding this part in the browser has made my day: http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/6030403.jpg - at last!! (bald lego!)
    caperberryGuroooJenni
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Better still, it's a combover!
    Si_UKNZ
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^^ if it wasn't for the combover I'd have said it was Mr Burns and you've just discovered The Simpons theme http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Burns

I joke of course, wishful thinking!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,753
    Sam's 6th today. "This is not how you treat your LEGO boxes Sam." Certainly takes after his mother! :-\

Off for a Legoland party shortly.

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,549
    ^ Never mind the flippin' box, is that poor Doggy lying abandoned on the floor?!
    Happy Birthday to Sam from his friend LegoLucy :-)
    Have fun at the party!
    It is. Poor Doggy has temporarily been replaced with a Vampire Castle. Thank you Argos for the 3 for 2. :-)
    Happy birthday Sam it was dino jr birthday yesterday
    the house is now quiet after having 5 lego mad 11 and 12 yrs old running round and putting monster fighters set together all afternoon
    Thanks @dino_girl. Hope Jr had a great day yesterday. Monster Fighters appears to be flavour of the month right now. :-)

dino_girl
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    @legoboy - think i found some missing parts from the zombie poly... was juast about to throw away the WHS bag and heard a rattle in the bottom?!!
    ^ lol. Found them all missing last night. Didn't have the heart to say anything. :-)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Had a super weird dream that I found the "brick bricks" on the PAB wall in a foreign country.
    Winter Village Post Office and Cottage are assembled. Went to bed with each about 2/3 done last night and woke up at 4:30AM dreaming the cat had knocked them all done and they both needed to be rebuilt! Glad it was just a dream! MMV arrived from [email protected] today! Whoo hoo!
    Had a really successful afternoon with Sam building his Vampire Castle (his main birthday present). A really enjoyable build, PLUS Daddy got to build one without having to break the seals on his misb. ;-)

Anybody that doesn't already have it, get it before it's gone.
    dino_girl