Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Black Friday Specials

Comments

• hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 868
    I was happy to see the discount on the LEGO storage boxes. Wife loves them and they will look great in the kids' playroom.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Alright [email protected] See you Dec 26.
    ludzik
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,782
    Well I think the Red Cargo train is probably the best deal of all of these sets.. The seaside house is not terrible either.
    Got a red Cargo train and a seaside house to hit the 149 limit to get the additional 10% off
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    far as getting stuff on your list this sale is good because it stacks pretty good with 10% + vip and free shipping and discover if you have it.

i ended up with diagon alley, the mansion (finally), and cargo train, and some 7 and 8 minis,

• FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    I guess that will do for the night. May not have been the best deals, but I got some sets I'm happy with.
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    Will Amazon have deals that start at 12:00 PST?
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 82
    Lego shop in arundel mills MD has Joust for 20% off. Not sure if that is across all stores. Pretty nice with the scratch off, VIP points, and the free holiday set.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 787
    Do the sales on [email protected] appear at The Lego Stores as well? Also, could we get a round up at some other sets that are not currently discounted on [email protected] but are at the Lego Stores?
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Grabbed a few mini modulars. About $61 each is not too bad after 10% discount.
  • MarkVMarkV Member Posts: 42
    I can confirm the 20% off of Kingdom's Joust at the Cincinnati store as well. There was some POTC deal in the clearance section, but it was like on a POTC Lego clock. They didn't have the sales indicated very well without going through every product to check and I didn't see anything about the pick-a-brick box or holiday set (although bought enough for both).
  • blake711blake711 Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2012
    FatMatt said:

Will Amazon have deals that start at 12:00 PST?

Yes at 12am PST they list the full days sales. This should contine all the way through next week with cyber Monday sales also.

A buddy called me from walmart and I asked him to grab me a couple of the 650 piece sets. Went in later to pick up a few items after the crowd was gone. Found one more set. So am happy about that. Also got $150 in small things and a few small sets for my son, daughter and nephew for stocking stuffers and small presents. Overall I am happy no major finds but not can't complain.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Is the special holiday set suppose to be free in store with a $99+ purchase?
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Scored a 20% card and so picked up some Red Cargo Trains & Jousts for 40% off plus VIP. Otherwise I was just going to walk with one DA. Not too shabby a night. Going to hit one more store to see if I can score again : P
    Scored a 20% card and so picked up some Red Cargo Trains & Jousts for 40% off plus VIP. Otherwise I was just going to walk with one DA. Not too shabby a night. Going to hit one more store to see if I can score again : P
  • blake711blake711 Member Posts: 23
    Don't see any legos for today on Amazon BF deals.
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    I was very lucky and scored 50%. They let me quietly go back and add to my purchase and I bought quite a few things, but didn't go overboard. I pulled the 50% within about 5 minutes of the store being open... my wife and I had only grabbed 2x Red Cargo Trains and 2x Mini Modulars right away and got in the checkout line thinking we were done :-) We certainly didn't mind waiting in line for another 30 minutes to check out once we did some more shopping.

There was probably 40 people in the store at opening and we were the only ones to move towards the train and mini modulars right away. I found that pretty interesting. Most folks were not AFOLS and were just parents buying small Ninjago and Star Wars sets not even coming close to the free holiday threshold. SW Advent was flying off the shelf.

They were VERY strict about 1 Holiday set per person. I actually saw someone in front of me wanting to have 3 different transactions who had 3 people with him and they told him 1 Holiday set per FAMILY. That seems excessive, but I find it very hard to complain about LEGO tonight after my good fortune.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Stores have a few more sale items than online. 20% off on:
    #7879 hoth echo base
    #7498 police station
    #7288 mobile police
    And #10223 joust as others have mentioned
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,336
    I don't know if anyone has seen this, but the
    UCS R2-D2 is 22% on Walmart.com, for total savings of $40.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-R2-D2-Figure/20552249

Not a bad deal, think I may pull the trigger on a few.
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 82
    @allmybricks congrats on 50%. Wish I was that lucky. My store at least gave holiday sets, pickabrick, and Lego bag on every $100 purchase
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    ^ Amazon has the same deal. Might be better deal depending on where you live:
    http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-10225-R2D2/dp/B007SA1QYO/
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Y wing and battle for geonosis also 20% off in store
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    ^YMMV - those weren't on sale in the Mission Viejo CA store.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Only scored the 10% off. Picked up a set of Mini Modulars, Joust and an Advent Calendar. I was surprised the store was so much busier this year than last year with the sale not nearly as good. Clearly TLG knows what they are doing.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 423
    edited November 2012
    lulwut said:

Is the special holiday set suppose to be free in store with a $99+ purchase?

Yes. At least it was at my store.

DadsAFOL said:

^YMMV - those weren't on sale in the Mission Viejo CA store.

Maybe you didn't look hard enough :P
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I had planned a trip to the LEGO Store at midnight, but in the end, couldn't justify it in my head with such small discounts. I'm not on the LEGO site, trying to work my way up to $150 of product, and struggling!

I appreciate LEGOs efforts in the sale, but I do wish there was something worth talking about.
    In the store do we also get a free pab box with $75 ot more in order? I ordered online last night but i might swing by if it is true.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I forgot about ebates, which is 5% off LEGO.com right now. In the end, I ordered:

2 Mini-modulars
    1 Brick Calendar
    1 Star Wars Advent

Which brought me to a little over $150, qualifying for the 10%. It's not even worth the gas money (let alone the craziness of the mall) to venture out to a physical LEGO Store to get an additional 10% off.

Anyhow - thanks to everyone here on the forum who shared all of the news and their experiences for Black Friday.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    My Wal-Mart still had a bunch of the Lego and Duplo sets for $15. I was in and out of there in 5 minutes.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    samiam391 said:

The TRU BOGO 50% isn't even close to interesting at their marked up prices. Shame on you Cheap Toys R'nt Us.

When I was there last night a lady pointed out to the manager that the price of the Harry Potter Hogwarts set was marked up for the sale, so the Manager gave her extra percent off!!! Your mileage may vary....

I didn't buy any lego at TRU, but when I got to Wal Mart at 6am they had two of the 650 pc sets left! So I bought them both, hehehe.
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 317
    edited November 2012
    I only got a 10%. I went to get the pet shop and time teacher but also picked up the seaside cottage. That one did not interested me at its normal price, but the sale price peeked my interest. Got the PaB box, holiday set, and tote bag. Overall, nothing spectacular but still worth while once you factor in the free stuff.
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    Meh..... got 10%, wife got 20.... star wars advent calendar didn't qualify for the extra discount. :(
    Walmart 650pc is now live at online. It's part of 2 for $30 promotion. You can choose two 650pc sets for $30.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/2-for-30-LEGO-650pc-Building-Kit-or-LEGO-DUPLO-86pc-Building-Kit/22001184
  • kkskks Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2012
    You can now order the #5749 and #5748 Creative Builder kits online at Walmart.com, have to do it as a 2 for $30.00 bundle
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Picked up the Red Cargo Train and the Kingdoms Joust set at the Queens Center Mall store, both for 20% off and only pulled a 10% scratcher but 30% off plus the free set, free pick a brick box and free tote bag wasn't such a bad deal.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227

we were the only ones to move towards the train and mini modulars right away. I found that pretty interesting.

The train has been on sale at TRU for $130 all month, so the extra 10% off is nice but most people probably weren't waiting for it if they wanted this set. I waited to buy it from LEGO simply because I'm so irritated with TRU that I would rather pay more and buy it from LEGO than give any more money to TRU. In this case, it worked out well since I got it for less from LEGO, plus freebies as well!

• littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    @ludzik - that is odd! My 20% scratcher stacked with the Star Wars advent calendar making it around 19.50. I would think something like that would be standard across stores.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    edited November 2012
    Had quite a lego bonanza in the last couple of days (mostly thanks to this forum.)

Went to TRU Tuesday and they had a couple of the new Hobbit sets. My wife confessed that she LOVES the LotR sets and so #79003 An Unexpected Gathering was an immediate grab. Added five #30212 Mirkwood Elves polypags, reached $100 so immediately got $25 off!

Yesterday got the #9496 Desert Skiff and #9470 Shelob Attacks sets combo on walmart.com and noticed that you could add #79000 "Riddles of the Ring" as well for $9.95 (though it and no other Hobbit sets are listed on the site anywhere.) Wanted free shipping so I agonized over an additional $4.50 purchase for a half hour until I noticed #9515 The Malevolence marked down to $89.99 (the best price I've seen on it ANYWHERE since August.) So I pulled the trigger on that one.

Now I just need one more gift for her. I'm thinking the #10218 Pet Shop to start he on the modulars (she LOVES animals) I'm just hesitant to pull the trigger on [email protected], wondering if I'll get better than their free shipping and 10% off on Amazon or Walmart in the next couple of weeks...aggh!
    It looks like you got lucky...... minifigs didn't get the coupon either
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 787
    You are quite lucky @littletoki, when I went to the store they would not combine the scratch cards with the sale items.
    Still got 2 Brick Calendars, NRG Zane, and Mini Modulars anyway.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited November 2012
    Blah, B&N's buy one get one %50 off doesn't even work with Lego sets online
    @Penkid11 ~ that's not even consistent in the same store! We picked up a bunch of the 20-50% sale items because the 20% scratcher stacked with all of it.

I guess they changed it in the system afterwards. :\
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Anyone in Canada visit their LEGO store? I would like to know if they are participating in the sale and have the scratch cards as well as the Joust for 20% off.
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    Only pulled a 10% off this morning. The couple standing next to me pulled a 50% and the rep asked if they wanted to go back and get anything else. They said, "nope, we're good." I almost banged my head against the cash register.

Also, FYI, was in wal-mart this morning around 8:00, the parking lot was virtually empty and they still had stacks of the creative building set.
    ludzik said:

It looks like you got lucky...... minifigs didn't get the coupon either

I assume you went this morning then to Glendale or South Coast? (I skipped those two) The only reason I even made purchases last night was because the discounts stacked. Don't know about Disney since they haven't opened yet, but if you are so inclined, hit up the other stores.

I went to South Coast... now waiting for downtown Disney to open...
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    @littletoki, @Penkid1 the exact same thing happened at Tigard last BF. At midnight, the store was stacking the scratcher on top of sale items. By 3am they weren't. by early to mid morning, they were again.

the fine print on the scratch card says doesn't stack with sale items, but of course it actually works unless the store rings it up in the correct sequence. Wonder if the manager had them change the process at some point last night?
  • mobilelinkagemobilelinkage Member Posts: 49
    @LegobrandonCP just called Toronto Fairview Mall Lego Store and they have gave out all the scratch card... all gone..
  • pookiepookie Member Posts: 156
    Just got back from B&N. Buy one get one for 50% off on Legos plus I stacked the 30% coupon and 10% member discount.
    edited November 2012
    Okay folks, your mileage may vary and this is for In-store only at Barnes and Noble but I was able to do the following:

1. Bought multiple $75 gift cards to receive multiple free $10 gift cards

2. I used the gift cards to pay for the following...

3. All Lego sets are buy one get one for 50% off

4. The 30% coupon stacks with one of the items in the pairing.

5. The 10% b&n membership card also stacks.

So, in the end I ended up saving close to 57% on everything I bought.

Good luck!
    samiam391sipmart242