Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New sets at the LEGO Stores for Black Friday?

Zackula78Zackula78 Member Posts: 2
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Does anyone know if the Lego store will have the new sets (i.e. Galaxy Squad, Hobbit, new train, Creator, etc) out for Black Friday? I know they have been showing up in a variety of other stores but I have not heard anything about the Lego Stores.

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I know Lego stores have hobbit sets in the back. Last I heard they were still waiting to hear if they could sell them before the 27th
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    I was told they would have Hobbit Monday 11/26. Not sure if they have them already and might sell them or if they are expecting them on Monday's truck.
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    I doubt. They usually don't put up any new lines during the Black Friday sale, but that's just my opinion based on the previous years.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I was told they would start selling the Hobbit sets on Tuesday - after the BF deals.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    coolpix said:

I doubt. They usually don't put up any new lines during the Black Friday sale, but that's just my opinion based on the previous years.

Yes, they usually do. This year has been odd, because the first of the new lines are usually in stores by early November. Last year, Dino, DC Super Heroes and City Forrest were out by Black Friday.
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    Ma1234 said:

Yes, they usually do. This year has been odd, because the first of the new lines are usually in stores by early November. Last year, Dino, DC Super Heroes and City Forrest were out by Black Friday.

Yes, you are right. I remember buying some superheroes sets last year on brick friday. I take back what I said before. However, went to the nearest store yesterday and there were no new sets there.

• Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,412
    The asst. mgr at Sawgrass said they clear out the space so they can put the new stuff out. It didn't really look to me like they had a lot of empty spaces.

I picked up a couple of minimods for the heck of it. Not much else interested me.
  • davewizdavewiz Member Posts: 6
    ^^Last year was the unusual one. A quick look at the database shows that most of the new sets in the previous three years didn't arrive until the first week of December in the US, and in the years prior to that not until late December. I would bet that we'll be seeing new Creator, City, etc. sets in couple of weeks, if not by the end of next week.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    For the last couple years Shop-at-Home has debuted the "January" sets the day after their Black Friday weekend offers ended.