Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Black Friday Specials

Comments

• 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    Received an email from LDC. Here's something that caught my interest..."Black Friday Retail Specials Join us starting at midnight on Thanksgiving and receive some amazing discounts and deals in our LEGOLAND Discovery Center retail store! More details coming soon on our website and Facebook!"

Anyone familiar with prior deals on BF at LDC? I don't recall hearing about deals at LDC in prior years.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Me either. Might be enticed to hit that up.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Interesting. Legoland usually has a double-discount week in December, but I can't ever remember Merlin doing anything for Black Friday. Maybe because the LDC is in a mall, and the mall is openning at midnight they felt compelled.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    So I'm trying to plan my purchases from the Lego store on Black Friday. I will be at one of the US stores.

Is there a minimum purchase to get a scratch card for 10/20/50% off? I know online it's $150, but is it the same in store?

Second, at what point do you usually find out your discount? Do I grab all my purchases and then find out when I go to check out, or do I find out when I walk into the store?

It'll be both my wife and I, so I'm trying to figure out how to split purchases between us, to get the maximum number of promos.

Thank you.
    Billy
    No minimum purchase for the scratcher. You get it at checkout, so bring to the counter what you would buy if you were going to get the magic 50% card. You can always put extra stuff back.

You do have to spend $100 to get the free promo set. So just make sure that each of you have more than that and you'll get two copies of the promo set.
    CupIsHalfEmpty
    Thank you very much @DadsAFOL That's the news I was hoping for.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    I recall (correctly or not) someone saying "everything is 10% off on BF." Is this simply due to the cards mentioned above, or are the cards an additional percent off?
    @Brickarmor its the cards, so there is no stacking of % off. Everyone gets a card, and every card is at least 10% off. Until they run out of cards.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited November 2012
    Actually... there's a universal 10% discount on all purchases over $149 from Black Friday through Sunday that doesn't require a card. The card will allow you to get 10% off with no purchase minimum. The two discounts are not supposed to stack.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    So: not supposed to stack, or not supposed to stack...? I'm fine playing wait-and-see.
  • LegoPodcasterLegoPodcaster Member Posts: 115
    Just saw Meijer's Black Friday add. The only LEGO set on sale is the Batcave for $55.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,979
    Amazon has a lightning deal today on #5609 Duplo train in case anyone is interested. Presumably price matching Targets $74.99 BF deal. 11am PST start time.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337

Amazon has a lightning deal today on #5609 Duplo train in case anyone is interested. Presumably price matching Targets $74.99 BF deal. 11am PST start time.

It seems Amazon will be pricematching lots of items from big box retailers BF ads early this year. Very smart. Thanks for the heads up on this set....this was the main reason I was going to head to Target.

• jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
    How do you find the lightening deal for 5609? I only see one for 11:00 PST but its for a drill.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    edited November 2012
    ^ Check the one for 10:59 PST
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,154
    edited November 2012
    Saw the FB for 130.. as much as I was trying not to I got another one anyway.

Town Hall is 180 on Amazon.com US site.. which is 42% off Amazons new 'RRP' for the set. (which is something like 311 and change or something..LOL)
    Scored the Duplo train set at Amazon. Now I can give Target a big miss on BF. Cheers.
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 318
    I saw the fb deal on Amazon and then realized that it is not much of a deal compared to lego bf (or pre bf) event. The $150 purchase earns the holiday set ($15 value), plus about $7 in vip points, plus 10% ($15) off any purchase over $150. That is $37 in free stuff and savings compared to only $20 at amazon. Plus if you go to the store you will also get the holiday PaB box.
  • mandm51mandm51 Member Posts: 16
    I really wanted the Duplo train from Amazon, but I got a work call and got to it one minute after the sale started and it was completely gone. :(
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Black Pearl is gone at Amazon again. I believe Target is the only retailer with readily available stock left.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Town Hall is sold out at Amazon as well... It was on sale for $179, but that didn't last.

FB still in stock, that one doesn't seem to be moving all that fast anymore.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    I'll buy a town hall for $180; turn the mayor, photographer and figs into a zombies and sell them for $180!!! heehee.
    Brickarmor

I saw the fb deal on Amazon and then realized that it is not much of a deal compared to lego bf (or pre bf) event. The $150 purchase earns the holiday set ($15 value), plus about $7 in vip points, plus 10% ($15) off any purchase over $150. That is $37 in free stuff and savings compared to only $20 at amazon. Plus if you go to the store you will also get the holiday PaB box.

Now in hearing the rules LEGO has enforced on the holiday set I cannot just assume that is a gimme, since you will only get one per account, period (and apparently they are doing it by address too)
    edited November 2012

Now in hearing the rules LEGO has enforced on the holiday set I cannot just assume that is a gimme, since you will only get one per account, period (and apparently they are doing it by address too)

What rule is that? I see all my orders shipped with the Holiday set, and all to the same address. Is this something new for BF? Maybe that is why prices are so high for the Holiday set on the aftermarket.

Many people are reporting their Holiday sets are being stopped at one per household in another thread and they are being removed from the order either on the invoice or just not included in the box when delivered.
    Wow, very interesting. I can understand cancelling before they ship a set and letting the customer know and giving the customer the option to cancel the rest of the order, but to send it without an item confirmed on an email is very poor customer service indeed. I have a hard time believing TLG would pull something like this. Only time will tell I guess. They will be printing alot of return labels if this is the case.
    dragonhawk
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Maybe online is one per household. For the VIP event, we received two, one for each VIP card. We only received two total PaB boxes (when we walked in) but after two purchases and hitting the milestones, the PaB boxes didn't make it into our bags. I'll have to ask on Friday.
    Yes I have a very hard time believing TLG would ship out orders with items intentionally removed from the confirmation without informing the customer. I'll update when my orders arrive.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    I haven't gotten either of my 2 orders yet, but have gotten shipment confirmation on both of them. They both show: 3300014 Black Friday 12 V46 - Qty 1

So, I'm assuming I will get 2 of the 3300014 Black Friday 12 V46. And, will be surprised if I don't. As part of the advertising or order process I didn't notice anything along the lines of 1 per household.

Now, with the Minecraft set I did and their order processing system would not let me order more than 1. I have had the LEGO order processing system limit qtys on other sets, so their system can do so. The fact that it didn't limit the qty when I ordered my recent sets tells me that LEGO is not limiting the qty to 1 per household on the 3300014 Black Friday 12 V46.

Course, the proof is in the pudding. We'll see what arrives on my doorstep.
    UNCONFIRMED:

LBR sales for Black Friday:
    #9509 Star Wars Advent $24.99 (50% off)
    I'll take 9509 for $25 with an additional 10% of and VIP. That's the price it should have been to start with.

thanks for the update @DadsAFOL
    How is stock of the advents at Walmart? If they are overstocked again that may be the better deal.

^ And don't think they will be stacking an additional 10%.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    gmpirate said:

How is stock of the advents at Walmart? If they are overstocked again that may be the better deal.

^ And don't think they will be stacking an additional 10%.

Everything stacks. Sale items get an additional 10% off if over $149.

Yes I have a very hard time believing TLG would ship out orders with items intentionally removed from the confirmation without informing the customer. I'll update when my orders arrive.

Well, go figure...

My first order arrived today... No Holiday Box, but in its place was a 2012 City Advent Calender! No charge for it either... Go figure...

Ok, well... I guess that is great. :) I suspect that was just a shipping mistake on their part, probably should have been the holiday set, but we'll see tomorrow when several more are scheduled to arrive.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I have noticed that the Star Wars Advent in NOT in very many of the WM's and Targets that I haunt. I think maybe 2 out of 12 have it.
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 83
    Saw the list of items that will be discounted at Lego for black friday over at FBTB. I have to say it's very mediocre...

For any one wonder below is the list, credits to FBTB
    LEGO® Minifigures, Series 7 50%
    LEGO® Minifigures, Series 8 50%
    LEGO® Star Wars™ Advent Calender 50%
    Minifigure Presentation Box 50%
    Harry Potter: Building the Magical World 50%
    Mini Modulars 20%
    Straight Rails 20%
    Curved Rails 20%
    Red Cargo Train 20%
    Minotaurus 20%
    Heroica Draida Bay 20%
    LEGO® DUPLO Deluxe Train Set 20%
    LEGO® DUPLO Winnie the Pooh’s Picnic 20%
    LEGO® DUPLO Tigger’s Expedition 20%
    Prisoner Transport 20%
    Seaside House 20%
    Bounty Hunter™ Assault Gunship 20%
    Anakin Skywalker and Sebulbas Podracers™ 20%
    Star Striker 20%
    LEGO® DUPLO Big Bentley 15%
    Triceratops Trapper 15%
    Quinjet Aerial Battle 10%
    The Mines of Moria™ 5%
    Card Making Kit 20%
    LEGO® City Policeman Key Chain 20%
    Brick Calendar 20%
    LEGO® Friends Picture Frame 20%
    Darth Vader Kids Watch 20%
    LEGO® Star Wars™ : The Visual Dictionary 20%
    Darth Vader Minifigure Clock 20%
    LEGO Minifigure Ultimate Sticker Collection 20%
    LEGO® Star Wars™ Boba Fett Watch 20%
    LEGO® Star Wars™ Boba Fett Minifigure Clock 20%
    LEGO City Sticker Collection 20%
    LEGO Star Wars Sticker Collection 20%
    Star Wars ZipBin Large Millennium Falcon Messenger Bag 20%
    Star Wars ZipBin Toy Box and Playmat 20%
    Darth Vader Light Keychain 20%
    Stormtoorper Light Keychain 20%
    2013 LEGO Calendar 20%
    Yoda Light Keychain 20%
    Darth Maul Light Keychain 20%
    Darth Vader Flash Light 20%
    Stormtrooper Flash Light 20%
    Monster Fighters Mummy Clock 20%
    Monster Fighters Lord Vampyre Clock 20%
    Monster Fighters Mummy Watch 20%
    Ninjago Kai ZX Minifigure Clock 20%
    Ninjago Kai ZX Watch 20%
    Ninjago Kendo Cole Watch 20%
    Ninjago Lasha Watch 20%
    Ninjago Loyd ZX Minifigure Clock 20%
    Monster Fighters Lord Vampyre Watch 20%
    Lunch Box Blue 20%
    rocao
  • sturner26sturner26 Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know if the scratcher discount (usually 10%) stack on the discounts listed above? EI if the mini modular is 20% off of 79, is it 63 or do they then add the scratcher discount on top of it, perhaps down to 56.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    If that's the list, then it's pretty blah. The only thing I'm even remotely interested in is the mini-modulars.
    Marc2501
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Weakest list ever.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    Yes, so much for 25% off SSD that I was hoping for. The only positive about the list is if I get some non-discount stuff I wanted anyway, maybe fewer holiday sets will be on the after-market for resale later than if they had really good sales this year.
    Wow....will be going for the scratch card and leaving empty handed if it is not 20% or higher. Probably buy some more Diagon Alley and Imperial Shuttle online. If they limit the Holiday sets I will skip it altogether. Glad I got most of my gear from better sales earlier in the year.

Wow....will be going for the scratch card and leaving empty handed if it is not 20% or higher. Probably buy some more Diagon Alley and Imperial Shuttle online. If they limit the Holiday sets I will skip it altogether. Glad I got most of my gear from better sales earlier in the year.

Ditto
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    If you're a Target Red Card holder the Black Friday deals are live on the web site now - including the Black Pearl for $75. You need to go through the check-out process and choose your Red Card to see the discount. No need to even visit the store for this one.
    DadsAFOLdragonhawk
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    thanks @sidersdd, great tip
    ^ Thanks for the heads up, that is a good deal!
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    Wow, that list is terrible. 5% of Mines of Moria? Amazon's base price for this set is 6% off.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    If that's the list, I'm not too surprised. Based on TLG's discounting of the Maersk Train earlier this month, it seems clear that they have gotten much better about their inventory management and are not overproducing sets that they then have to discount in order to clear them out when the set goes EOL. This is fairly consistent with their holiday discounting practices over the past two years. In 2010, TLG had a huge 50% off sale on EOL sets that went live on Christmas day and then last year, TLG had a sale, but the discounts were not nearly as good or as broad as 2010. In 2011, TLG had a nice 25% off sale on EOL 10xxx sets on Black Friday, but not this year.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    @absolut3 thank you for posting this list! I will be taking advantage of a few things on it!
    edited November 2012
    I am really surprised that MMV is not on this list, or the 3661 LEGO bank, since by LEGOs own account they are 'retiring soon'.
    Maybe they are just selling too well at regular price for them to get rid of them on a sale, or just would rather see them run out of stock at retail

I would say that the train is not a bad deal IF you get to tack on the 10% on top of the 20% (I think you will need to buy a bit more to get to that bonus 10% off though).
    My guess is the train sells out first.
    I'm still a bit surprised about the FB still being available.
    I did hear rumors about a sale after Chistmas but who knows.