Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target: 60% off 7962 Podracers 11/18-11/21

JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Per their weekly flyer, #7962 is on sale for $30. Most likely a typo, since the other sets are #9465 and #9444 but if you try tomorrow, you might be able to get it.

Comments

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    edited November 2012
    Sounds like a price match situation to me :) is the flyer posted online? Do you have a copy of it at all to take a photo?
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Can we pick up flyers in stores now?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,460
    you should be able to at customer service. This might stack with the Toybook coupon for $5 off $30. Worth a shot if you can make it to the store.
  • forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
    gmpirate said:

Can we pick up flyers in stores now?

I don't believe so. I think it's the circular that goes in the newspapers on Sunday.

Stock is pretty varied around me. One store out of about 5 in the area has stock. I picked up one to price match tomorrow. The boxes looked immaculate, so they must have gotten some new ones in recently.
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    This isn't sold in any Targets near me. I think it's pricematch payback at Walmart for the Mine set. ha
    pharmjod
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ yeah, will be interesting to see if TRU denies price matching this one as well.
    I'll believe it when I see it in print but here's hoping
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited November 2012
    The Sunday flyer isn't on their site yet, but here's a (blurry) picture of it.
  • lannyjacklannyjack Member Posts: 39
    I have no interest in this set, but I might pick up one for trades. Shame it couldn't have been a mistake on a set I want lol.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    I haven't seen this set in any of my nearby Targets in close to a year.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    ^^^ I wonder if competitors will claim it is a pricing error, since at the end it says "REG. 39.99", clearly Podracer's regular price isn't $39.99.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    I looked in my local radius and didn't find a single store in stock. While there is no recourse to this, it is still in poor taste that a store would try a foot-in-the-door method to get you into the store and buying.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    These were clearanced widely this past summer at Target. Of course, so was the BP.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    Odd, Target says it's in stock in my area (on the product page) but when I look at the stock level for each, none of them have it.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    where do you get the toybook coupon?
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 792
    @murphquake
    The toy book coupon is mailed in a Target circular/magazine and I also received one in a Sunday newspaper either last week or the week before.
    I hope to scoop some of these pod racer sets tomorrow and am heading to Target at opening.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981
    I got the toy book coupon with the Sunday paper and it was $5 off $50.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 990
    Obviously this is a misprint, and to try to take advantage of it would be dishonest.
    Pitfall69Penkid11
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    My closest target has a few podracers on the shelf right now but no Zombies. Going to hit up the one on the other side of town at opening tomorrow to try for a Zombies and then hit the close store to see if they still have the podracers and whether they actually are $30.
  • itsnotmeitsnotme Member Posts: 112

Obviously this is a misprint, and to try to take advantage of it would be dishonest.

Ha ha - good one!
    It's on slickdeals now
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    It is an error. If you view the on-line ad, it will bring you to Anakin's Interceptor. Interested to hear what happens in stores...
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 792
    Checked inventory of stores nearby and the1 that says it has this set in stock told me they did NOT have this set. This might be such a bad typo that we never see this set at this price this week at Target. I was told the price listed was $84.50 and online the price listed at Target is like $66 or so.
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    None of the 7 or so stores near me have it in stock.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,460
    One store in Arlington, Tx supposedly has it. Hoping my in-laws will be able to score one or two for me
    Glad to see target honoring their mistake like Walmart did (sarcasm intended).
    Dougout
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I picked up two this morning at the Carmel West store (NW Indianapolis). It didn't ring up at $30, and took about 15 minutes to get a manager to override. They didn't dispute it, they were just confused and wanted to take some steps to report it.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    I was able to PM at two WalMarts.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Does Walmart price match an online ad?
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^Probably worth it to get the Sunday paper or check your Target for a physical copy of the flyer.
  • BuilderMomBuilderMom Member Posts: 21
    I went this morning to a store in Austin, TX. They had two. I snagged both (no, I wasn't taking from little Timmy, I honestly wanted two for Christmas gifts). After about a 15 minute discussion between 4 store managers, they let me have one. They claimed that the $85 dollar "sale" tag at the shelf alerted me that the add was incorrect. I then took my ad (yes, it's in my Sunday paper) to WM and they price matched for the other. Good luck out there!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I haven't seen the Pod Racers in stores for months. None of my local Targets have copies listed as in stock. I'm pretty sure the local Walmarts also clearanced there copies out as well.

I did however pick up a copy of the Zombies for $25, thanks to the $5 coupon in the toy book. That's good enough for me.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    gmpirate said:

Does Walmart price match an online ad?

I don't know if they'll PM an online ad, but they will definitely PM based on the newspaper circular.

• PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Was able to pick up 2 podracers without any problems this morning, mostly due to pure luck. I went to customer service to ask for the weekly ads, and was told that they don't have any at all (haven't been delivered yet). Glanced over at the next counter and saw that set being PM'ed by another AFOL (thanks!) with his iPad. Said I wanted the same thing and they said sure.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    My Walmart just priced matched the Pod Racer. Had no problems getting the $30.00 price at the customer service desk.
  • mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2012
    I was able to buy one at Target for $30. We're not into Star Wars, but I couldn't resist the awesome price. I'd be interested in trading it for something from City or Creator themes.

Perhaps someone that was able to snag #4204 for $39 at Walmart is interested in a trade?

-Mike
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 702
    My local Targets were sold out of this this summer during their clearance....same with the Walmarts....so I took it to TRU and after checking so see if they had any emails from corporate he said they'd price match. Of course when I got up to check-out another manager put up a fight about it. I gave her the quick story about last month Walmart running their add to see if Target/TRU would price match. So then she gave me the story of "TRU has been price matching for over a year!" and "I shouldn't sell this because if it's a Target ad mistake or just a test to see if Walmart would price match." Then she claimed shouldn't easily enough find the date on the Sunday Target ad.
    I don't feel sorry for TRU at all. The 3 other people ahead of me in line had pricing disputes too.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    edited November 2012
    None in stock anywhere except for Toysrus. Tried a price match at customer service counter and was denied.

Little side story. While I was at the customer service desk at Toysrus trying to get a pricematch, over a few checkout lanes I saw the same lady I met earlier this month on Craigslist to pick up a Jabba playset for $80. What did I see? Three of the Jabba playset she was trying to checkout with, but for whatever reason she look dumbfounded the set wasn't ringing up at the price she expected. A manager and security came in and peeled something off the sets, wasn't sure if it was a barcode or price sticker. Needless to say the whole situation turned awkward. They all went in the back so I didn't catch the rest. Fishy.
    Def a scammer then. Hopefully they told her to not come back.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,289
    ^ She'll be lucky if that's all they do.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    ^At a minimum I would hope that is the case. I'm not a lawyer, but I would bet bar-code-scams qualify as theft.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    goshe7 said:

^At a minimum I would hope that is the case. I'm not a lawyer, but I would bet bar-code-scams qualify as theft.

They do, it is shoplifting and the police will arrest her for it just as if she had walked out without paying a dime.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Scored 3 Podracers at TRU by price matching just minutes ago, so guess its a YMMV situation.
  • staffmarkstaffmark Member Posts: 44
    Score x 3 via pricematch at Walmart. No hassle whatsoever- in fact, they seemed quite happy to be able to help me out! Couldn't be happier. I knew better than to try at TRU!
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 295
    edited November 2012
    Joseph said:

Per their weekly flyer, #7962 is on sale for $30. Most likely a typo, since the other sets are #9465 and #9444 but if you try tomorrow, you might be able to get it.

thank you for letting us know about this. I was able to get WalMart to price match this (one per customer, but there were two of us) and WalMart was really nice about it. It was on some little guys' lists for the holiday, and this is a great savings for us! Thanks, Joseph!

• kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Just got denied from Meijer at Columbus OH. The manager told me that he didn't have any memo from the corporate but I just can't do it. I asked him about their price match policy and he told me that they don't have to price match in any case. I usually find no luck on price match..
  • RykeerRykeer Member Posts: 34
    Hi everyone, I was able to price match this at Wal-mart. Picked up two of them. Interestingly, it was already red stickered down to about $64. When I got to the checkout, it rang up at $38, and they price matched it down to the $30 in the Target ad.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    Was able to price match at Meijer in Lansing, MI. They had two, I took one (since we already had two others at home.) Stock boy checked with his manager before we went to check out and came back telling us that "as long as it's a fixed price and not a percentage, and the sale is current" that they will price match. Took awhile to get an override at the checkout but we walked out there with our $30 set for our godsons! We saved so much we can give them the Avengers jet set that we got on clearance a few months back, too!!!
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 675
    Was any able to use a computer print of the add or did they all require a newspaper version of the add?
  • Faedian7Faedian7 Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2012

Was any able to use a computer print of the add or did they all require a newspaper version of the add?

I had the newspaper when I checked out at the cash register at walmart. They had to have a manager override the price but he didn't give me any issues. I thought about keeping this set but it isn't one of the starwars items that I really care about so I figure my nephew would enjoy it more than I would. Thanks for the post, OP!