Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Holiday set 2013

GrogallGrogall Munich, GermanyMember Posts: 159
For Brick Friday 23-26 November Lego again has an exclusive set to give away with the purchase of €75 £50, $99. 650(DKK)

Offer is good at all Lego Brand store and through [email protected] until supplies last!
Set # is 3300014

Enjoy!
The_Brick_BuildercwhlsDiggydoescanon03RosebricksanBrickbasePenkid11BombTecJessyDooDahCCCthebricksterPhonebooth

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    That's really nice, thanks for sharing.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    edited November 2012
    Wow, that is quite a little set! Definitely more pizazz than I was expecting.
    Horse + lamp + trees + FOUR minifigs = count me in.
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    This looks nice. It will fit in well with the Winter Village sets, although I was more excited for last year's Holiday sets (3300002 and 3300020).
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Seems like LEGO is getting smart about making this seem like an add-on to the Winter Village sets, making it seem more like you need this to complete the collection. For last year, it was a strange one-off with those mini-rooms that didn't really fit with any other winter design.

4 minifigs is pretty generous too!
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 318
    Does anyone know if the holiday sets are in addition to the Holiday PaB boxes (ie do you get both), or do you have to choose one?
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Very cool, much better than the previous ones.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @brickarmor they're the short bush size trees, but it's a gorgeous set. The Lego Store by me put their display set together the other day and i was thoroughly impressed. I'm looking forward to getting a couple. I have a decent (compared to my usual garbage) pic on my flickr of the box
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    The_Brick_BuilderPenkid11
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Upon seeing this, the first thing I did was bring up @powerpig 's model to see how similar it was to his sleigh :P
    LegobrandonCP
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited November 2012
    It's different enough that the benefit of the doubt could be extended. What I was alluding to was the similarities between his Christmas Tree Vignette and Holiday Set 1:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/powerpigbuilds/5468186987/in/photostream
    http://brickset.com/detail/?set=3300020-1
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    edited November 2012
    ^ Wow, first time I've taken a look @ PowerPig Flickr. Amazing stuff.

Stoked to get the holiday set. This coupled with the city advent will work nicely to populate the Toyshop I recently purchased w/ no figs.
  • jonboy2000jonboy2000 Member Posts: 244
    The 2 sleighs look nothing like each other and unless I'm looking at completely the wrong thing. Just my opinion of course.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    Lovely addition to the Winter Village. Like last year, though, I'll have to pursue via the aftermarket. Still, got the holiday sets for a very reasonable price last year (cheers again @LFT), hopefully this will be okay too.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    That looks incredibly good for a free model, here's hoping we see it soon in the UK as well.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    ^ you will from the 23rd - 25th ;-)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    ^ Thanks, I didn't notice the other currencies somehow on the article! :)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Deadareus said:

^ Wow, first time I've taken a look @ PowerPig Flickr. Amazing stuff.

Stoked to get the holiday set. This coupled with the city advent will work nicely to populate the Toyshop I recently purchased w/ no figs.

PowerPig is one of my top 5 favourite LEGO builder. Bruce Lowell has some amazing creations as well. But that is for another topic. ;-)
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    That looks nice. I definitely prefer this over last year's sets. Too bad it can't be purchased separately.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 577
    I may go for one, but the temptation will be too great to part it out.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    Well, flip. :-/
    Freebie promotion sets do not get me at all...but, I absolutely adore this one, and it will go perfectly with my winter scene, and it has 2 kids, which my girls will adore. :-( This is really one of the coolest promos I've seen. *sigh*

Okay, question.

What is the minimum I need to spend if I go in on brick Friday, and have a 10% pull coupon and $20 in VIP money? (i.e. I can do the calculation, but I'm not sure what they consider $100 in relation to those two items...)

I'm assuming I have to hit the $100 mark after the 10% has been used and pre-tax, correct? How does the VIP money figure in. Is that considered payment, or a discount? Is it $100 before VIP, or after VIP?

Thanks.

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @tamamahm I got a PAB box using more than half the $75 in VIP points. Don't know about the discount, but think you're probably right.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    after discount, before VIP
  • QuabbinHikerQuabbinHiker Member Posts: 10
    Nice set
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    Thanks doubts and Jenni.
    Now off to calculate...
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    edited November 2012
    Curious as to whether this promotion will be for the CDN store as our thanksgiving was last month? I assume the answer is yes as the same deal applies in the UK.

PowerPig is one of my top 5 favourite LEGO builder. Bruce Lowell has some amazing creations as well. But that is for another topic. ;-)

I'll have to check him out as well. I'm excited to see what PowerPig has for upcoming Christmas ornaments. Really dig the little Death Star he made.

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Do we know if the set comes in a Box or a Poly (seems pretty much stuff for one Poly right?!)?
  • GrogallGrogall Munich, GermanyMember Posts: 159
    Diggydoes said:

Do we know if the set comes in a Box or a Poly (seems pretty much stuff for one Poly right?!)?

Box!

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    ^nice! And makes sense :)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    It must be a box. Can't make my set list if it isn't.
    Instructions for the set!

bricksanthenos
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,460
    Thanks Grogall, was hoping that they'd appear for that sleigh.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    Great find, thanks.

Snowballs, it's lacking snowballs! The little piles we've seen in the other WV sets. I'm sure the little kid would want to throw one at the sleigh!
    Added real nice HR images here!
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    I was in my local Lego store tonight (Canada) and they said to celebrate BF up here they will be giving out mystery boxes with purchases over $99.00. I am pretty sure that this is what the mystery is. Nice little set.
    Just reviewed it here --> I just reviewed the exclusive set that you can get and I really like it: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/Reviews-detail/3300014-christmas-set/

Will add review to Brickset later as well :-)
    @bricksan Thanks Richard, nice review!
    bricksan
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 318
    Does anyone know if spending $100 will get you BOTH this and the holidays PaB box or do you have to choose one?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,601
    ^ Last year they gave us the PaB box when we got to the store just for coming.
    murphquake
    ^^ Yes is the answer and @Grogall thanks, appreciate the feedback
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    The RRP of this set is apparently £9.99
    no! £14.99
    "Free gift with purchase offer: Valid only on item 3300014 2012 LEGO Christmas Set. One free gift per household. Gift set not available for purchase. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than £50 in merchandise only. Valid through LEGO Catalogue, phone orders, and on shop.LEGO.com. Set is valued at approximately a £9.99 retail value and cannot be exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value. Limited availability only."
    edited November 2012
    November store Calendar!
    Limited Edition Set is valued at approximately a £14,99 retail value and cannot be exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,127
    US [email protected] says the retail price is $14.99.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^^ Is that EUR? As we would normally use a . not a , in GBP.
    I copied and pasted it! !?!?
    Deos it really matter? you can't buy it anyway!
    edited November 2012
    Sorry! I just thought it was worth mentioning the "actual" price after noticing it during the online checkout, as @bricksan's review said the RRP was free.

£9.99 seems fair for what is essentially a Lego City Battle Pack :)