Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Where is this minifigure "case" from?

beabea Member Posts: 227
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221075205569

Does anybody know where that plastic bubble case comes from? Were the CMFs ever sold as sets packaged like this?

Comments

• murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    i believe minifigures plus custom makes those for each series, pretty sure I saw them on their site.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    TRU was giving them away with a purchase of 3 packs.
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 832
    Huh... I'm sure it's not a big deal for LEGO, but I would think the re-use of the "minifigures" logo is possibly copyright infringement, since Minifigures Plus looks like it's a US-based company. At least they didn't use the LEGO logo, though!

DaveE
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Ah, I didn't even notice the lack of the Lego logo. Custom made is probably correct.

I was hoping Lego actually sold the figures in packs like this somewhere.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @BoiseState, that's different, it's a plastic box, like an oversized pencil case... might grab 3mf's though, broke a tab on my S8 one =-) very handy little cases those are.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,296
    The title isn't exactly honest either.

NEW LEGO 8803 Complete Set of 16 MINIFIGURES SERIES 3 - DISPLAY/CASE/BOX

It is not a complete set of 16 minifigures. No doubt meant to mislead people.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,473
    edited November 2012
    I know someone was previously selling such 'cases' like this and got into trouble with LEGO for using the graphics that were including the figure pictures from LEGO's site.
    In any case they look pretty flimsy and cheap anyway.
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 510
    They'll not get in trouble at all. Check the lack of minifig-shaped dots on top of the i's. The logo isnt the same. Just the colours... and that's not enough!