Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Amazon.com: LEGO Gold Box sale today

2»

Comments

• doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Scooped 1 of the podracers as well....tried to get it overnighted free with the Discovercard promo but would not let me....guessing lightning deals do not qualify....2 days will be fine.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,098
    Got a Pod Race set too, 52 is a pretty good deal.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited November 2012
    thornie said:

Haha 51.99 and gone in 5 seconds. I timed it this time around. They must be offering something like 10 of each. Which makes me laugh that it took Whitecap Bay so long to sell out.

I think they have hundreds available at the price. I was able to add each item to my cart so far, which I wouldn't be able to do if the numbers were that limited. There are thousands of people keeping an eye on these deals. If you miss any of these items, try adding yourself to the waitlist and you'll get an idea of how many people are lurking. I passed on Ewok Attack but clicked again after it was sold out. I was in the 500+ segment of the waiting list.

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Kind of glad I have just about run out of inventory space. I'd be worried about missing out on any good deal but now I don't mind it. Kudos to those with fast network connections that were able to grab some of these deals.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    A lot of haters in here for the Ewok Attack...I picked one up, free shipping, no tax, without having to go to a store and since they don't have it for that price anyways it makes it a good deal for 15. Must be a regional thing. Dollar cost averaging I'll pick up even more if it gets cheaper.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Its a good deal if you want it :P
    sadowsk1
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    $26 for a 34 piece Duplo set. And it is 76% claimed already.
  • QuabbinHikerQuabbinHiker Member Posts: 10
    LEGO City Off Road Fire Rescue (7942) is on sale in 30 minutes!!!
    Mac Truck sold out in seconds.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

$26 for a 34 piece Duplo set. And it is 76% claimed already.

Knock it all you like, I just bought one. My 2 year old son will love this! Yes, it is overpriced even on sale, but that's ok, I am unlikely to find it for less without a lot of time and effort to find it.
    ^ Me too for my nephew. And brick count compared to regular Lego is really not equatable.
  • QuabbinHikerQuabbinHiker Member Posts: 10
    10 min till 7942 at amazon
    ^ I can see you're very excited for that deal. :)

10 min till 7942 at amazon

Not for another hour!
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    I was lucky enough to get a few of the sets before they were sucked up. The ewok set is good for tree parts though.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 989
    7942 for $7.99. Not that great of a deal if you ask me.
  • Chang405Chang405 Member Posts: 88
    yup, I clicked on it just for the sake of clicking and then I didn't pay. :P
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Something to keep in mind is that with Lightning Deals, you only need to get them into your cart initially, so these were likely 'selling out' in seconds because people were adding them to their cart as soon as the deal went live, then looking at the price afterwards and deciding whether or not they actually wanted the set.

That's why the waitlist is always a good idea if it's a set (or item) you actually want. There's always a chance that people who added it to their cart won't actually want it.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    I got a Whitecap Bay. Already got two for around that price, but I've been putting the minifigures on Bricklink and keeping the parts, making it an excellent parts pack for around $20.
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 110
    I didn't want to start a new thread for Amazon gold box deal.

LEGO Kids' 9009938 City Policeman Minifigure Clock and Watch Set starts at 5pm EST today.
    jagdjh
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 4,997
    I was so confused for like the first several comments! Lol
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    lol, went through thread and finally saw the posting dates at the end, classic.
    Daragh