Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF for 2013 - Series 9, 10 and 11

CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 895
I was just looking on that Brickshop.nl site mentioned in the Legends post and came across mention of 3 waves of CMF next year

71000 Series 9 release date 1 January 2013 (Silver pack)
71001 Series 10 release date 1 May 2013 (Gold pack)

and
71002 Series 11 release date 1 September 2013

Link here
brickshop.nl/lego-minifigs.html

I found this link to a picture of the packs for Series 9 & 10

i.imgur.com/jp1OX.jpg

Hope this is of interest.

Comments

• SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 584
    I only saw S9 and S10 in the retailers catalogue, but if there's a S11 then that's great news!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Hmm.. if they go past 11 I'll have to make another shelf. Guess I'll start collecting parts.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    I believe I read somewhere that they had 16 series planned already. And of course they can go further...(c;
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Truthfully, I was hoping they'd stop at 10. I thought maybe the gold packaging might be an indicator of a finality. I love the CMF, but how long can it go? If they continue past 10, I'd like to see a change in things ~ they could do themed CMF, where all the minifigs would be based on just one theme.... just my own random musings.
    yys4u
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ how far can it go? Well, seeing that they seem to use it as a test bed for some of the figures they're using in future sets I would hope for ours and LEGO's sake it could go on forever. As long as they're making sets they'll have new minifigs coming out. If people stop liking them and stop buying them I'm sure they'll stop.
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    ^^and being that the target audience is children, and there is a fresh batch of those yearly, they probably won't stop selling well.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    ^...It's amazing to see the half empty boxes of S8 figs at retail stores @ $3.19 each. For a terrible series, I don't see the value.

That said, I've been working on some complete runs of CMF, part of me is excited to see it continue; and partly makes me grumble a bit.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    I'm pleased they are continuing. While there are some figs I could do without... I love getting some costumed and town figures to populate some displays.

I would be interested in seeing some themed series. Christmas, Halloween, Western etc. However that could impact sales I guess if certain kids/collectors aren't into certain themes.

I'll keep buying as long as they're producing. My 4 yr old loves them.
  • ChoochChooch Member Posts: 148
    If they use the wings from Chima/Arkham sets on some CMF's, I predict those will 'fly' off the shelves... I would like to get my hands on more of those at a reasonable price...
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    I am also very glad for the continuation. It has a larger ratio of female minifigs, which my kids can use or modify.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    I hope there is an end to it one day... so that DK can create a book of them. For now onward and upward.
    yys4u
  • MilesMiles Member Posts: 51
    vwong19 said:

I hope there is an end to it one day... so that DK can create a book of them. For now onward and upward.

That would be awesome - I hadn't even thought of that!

What do you think the chances are that Series 9 will be out for sale by Christmas? I'm hoping for some great stocking stuffers here, and I know that a lot of January releases appear around stores in December, but I've never tracked the CMF Series.

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,925
    DK is already GOING to create a book of them, next year in fact. If precedent is any indication, it will include an exclusive minifigure, but with a theme as diverse as this, there's no telling what that minifigure would be. Maybe a blank-faced grey minifigure with a question mark on his chest? XD

Granted, there's nothing stopping TLG from creating more than one character encyclopedia of the theme. After all, it already has 128 characters, and will have at least 144 by the time the book is released. That's more than the LEGO Harry Potter theme had by the time Characters of the Magical World was released. If they were to wait much longer, it might be longer than they could expect to sell at the same price point as the other character encyclopedias. As far as I know there is no plan to discontinue the minifigures theme any time in the foreseeable future, so it's probably better that DK breaks them up like this.

Not to mention, of course, that releasing a book like this when the theme is over would probably be a poor business decision, since that would mean not promoting the theme in that way until it's stopped being successful, at which point there would be little reason to expect a book to sell any better than the sets. Harry Potter is probably the exception rather than the rule, since it's license-driven and Dorling Kindersley may have an easier time promoting Harry Potter reference guides without a movie in theaters than TLG has promoting Harry Potter sets.