Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] yoyo.com: 30% off one LEGO set for new cust.

pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
http://www.yoyo.com/subcat=LEGO-10427

No direct sets, but a good way to snag something else on a decent discount. I haven't ordered myself but have friends that have ordered from their family of stores.
sadowsk1

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    mod: adjust thread title for typo, it is yoyo.com, not yolo.com

Also, yoyo.com is owned by Amazon.com, so you shouldn't have any issues with them. I have ordered from them (got my BP that my wife built from them for 40% off!) and shipping was quick and good condition.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,257
    I used this offer last week to get the Mad Scientist and His Monster set. $49.99 to get free shipping then it knocked $15 off and kept the free shipping. So on my porch the next day with tax it was $37. Not bad at all.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Coupon code is: YOYO30

I think the maximum discount is $20, so the sweet spot is a set priced between $50 and $70 to get free shipping and a full 30% discount.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588

mod: adjust thread title for typo, it is yoyo.com, not yolo.com

/facepalm

Well, that was a terribly bad freudian slip.

yys4u
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Tried ordering but the checkout isn't working for me at the moment...
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,257
    ^they sent out an email saying the recent hurricane affected their servers and warehouses somewhat. could be related
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Nice one. Picked up the Dino T-Rex Hunter for $48.99.
  • factorybeltfactorybelt Member Posts: 10
    Got Attack on Weathertop for about $42, not bad.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,676
    Thanks, picked up #9499, already on sale at $59.99 (RRP 69.99) for $41.99
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    edited November 2012
    I used this coupon to pick up #9467, for $47.99 shipped. It arrived 2 days later in very well packaged sturdy box full of air cushions. Needless to say the LEGO box inside was in mint condition.
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245

I used this offer last week to get the Mad Scientist and His Monster set. $49.99 to get free shipping then it knocked $15 off and kept the free shipping. So on my porch the next day with tax it was $37. Not bad at all.

Just did the same! Thanks for the tip.

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639

Thanks, picked up #9499, already on sale at $59.99 (RRP 69.99) for $41.99

Good call on the Gungan Sub, just picked one up because of your comment since it's hard to find on discount. Let alone being 40% off RRP! Finally getting that nice red Queen Amidala =)
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    I hate that this is first order only. I took advantage of one of their deals a few months back and it's doing an address lookup and takes the code off at the end of the transaction. I tried creating another account with a different email address...
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Thanks for the tip. I received my order of ghost train. Both the packing and Lego boxes were in good condition but the tape seals were both cut on the Lego box. Does anybody know how many bags are supposed to be in that set?
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    So @LegoFanTexas
    Do you think $37 for a Skull truck is the best it's gonna get? ;o)
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^. There were thousands available earlier in the year at 50% off.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ It's certainly not the best it's ever been. I picked up several 2506 Skull Trucks at ~$20 (Target.com holiday 2011) and $24 (Kmart clearance May 2012)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Penkid11 said:

So @LegoFanTexas
    Do you think $37 for a Skull truck is the best it's gonna get? ;o)

Ever? No, as the others have said, they were cheaper last year on clearance, but now, that is a good deal, you're unlikely to see $30 again very many places.

What is so sad, is the Skull Truck is actually pretty cool, one of the better 2011 Ninjago designs. It is bigger than it looks on the box, that's for sure!
  • vince726vince726 Member Posts: 2
    I was going to order the fire temple with the discount, any thoughts on the set..
    ^Best of set of the Ninjago line IMO. Good play value, nice display set, great Fire Dragon included and lots of minifigs.
  • vince726vince726 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help, I did order it, I dont see that one going down in price anywhere.. I think my son will like it..Thanks again..
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    $62 for the Darth Malgus set.. Not bad.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    I got the new X-Wing for 35. What a sweet deal. I remember getting my first X-wing back in 1999 for 30 and for what I get this time around I'm a happy camper! Thanks for the heads up!
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    Love the Fire Temple, but note that there's a discount cap of $20, which means that if you want 30% off, your max undiscounted price should be $70. So if you get Fire Temple, you're taking $20 off $120, for a discount of less than 17%.
  • mechteachmechteach Member Posts: 19
    Just as another data point, my ghost train arrived expertly packaged, and in pristine condition. (Take notes, Walmart....)
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    edited November 2012
    My MF Mad Scientist and his Monster set arrived the day after I ordered it and a PRISTINE box! Wish Amazon or other retailers would be that good~ :)
    My Gungan Sub arrived in excellent condition also. Lots of airbags in the large shipping box to make sure it didn't get crushed. Happy camper!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,258
    You know, I'm tempted to order more sets--one at a time--just to stock up on air bags for shipping. The box my Ghost Train came in could've fit 6 sets, the void was filled with, you guessed it, air bags.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @allmybricks but it's not for you, it's for "the other apartment". Very common way for people in NYC to take advantage of offers like this is to put an apartment number other then theirs, or just add one if they live in a private house. Amazon/Yoyo might be hip to it but if you're desperate give it a try
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    For those who haven't used this yet, they currently have Helm's Deep marked down to $103.99. I know you don't maximize the 30% if you use it there, but Helm's Deep for $83.99 isn't bad at all.
  • lannyjacklannyjack Member Posts: 39
    http://www.yoyo.com/cat=Bricks-Blocks-Building-16/Character=Pirates+of+the+Caribbean

Sort of funny that they have the Captain's Cabin at 5 dollars cheaper if you buy the one that has the picture of the back of the box.