Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] TRU June 24-25 B2GO 90% off "all"

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited July 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Here we go again. Anyone have anything left on their credit card? Toys R Us has a bizarre Buy 2 Get One 90% off on all LEGO construction sets. I believe this is on-line and in-stores.

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Lots of goodies in stock too. Just ordered 3 Grand Emporiums.
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    thank you
    i ordered 3 duplo trains, i know my niece is gonna be happy come christmas

• achillespdxachillespdx Member Posts: 106
    The silly thing is that this works out to be only 30% off... Yet the temptation is too great...
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 952
    Once again, everything good is gone already.
    Snagged 3 Emerald Nights... Sorry if I swiped them from under you... :(
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Summer has slowed the bricklink store sales down so I guess I'm sitting this one out. I wouldn't mind have some more HP Knight buses for the dark purple bricks though....
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    LOL this is an even better deal than before (30% vs 25%). I picked up 3 of the city transport sets....forgot them last time around and was kicking myself.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    edited June 2011
    And the Emerald Night just popped back in stock. Snagged another 3!

Well that's my fill. I am sitting fat until Fall 2012. Good times :)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Thanks @sidersdd for the update. If only I hadn't crashed early yesterday.... :o(
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 272
    edited June 2011
    I think I am about out of Lego money for a while, but good deal.

Maybe they are trying to boost their sales numbers for the 2nd quarter...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,433
    MOMMY MAKE IT STOP.......
    After that BOGO50 sale my Credit card is trashed.. I couldn't take advantage of this even if I wanted to... I have to say though I wonder if the col mini series 4 is part of this (even though I am sure they raised the price per pack to 4 dollars at the store) Those Lighthouses look good to get too....
    But what to pair with the lighthouse? At the rate TRU is marking up some of the smaller sets, we might need to pair it with SW battlepacks! ;o)
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    edited June 2011
    ^- How about combining 3 lighthouses into 1 large lighthouse? :)

Eh, that wouldn't get you to $100 for the free S&H though.

These sales just keep coming...anyone remember if TRU has done anything similar in years past? Makes you wonder what % off they're willing to go to eventually...kind of hard to picture them going beyond a B2G1F (33% off).
    Tower Bridge is back in stock, at least for the next few mins.
    I picked up a few lighthouses during the BOGO50 sale and after closer inspection on the box, it is a really neat set.. a bit expensive, but I believe Lego's formula is: light brick=$10 USD more to the price.
    I also like the other sets you can build as well. The Seagulls are a nice touch... I do want to build it and put it in my window at night (not during the day though.. I do not want a half 'tan' lighthouse...lol)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited June 2011
    ^^ They've only had 1 Tower Bridge for the past few hours.
    I need another credit increase on my card. After the BOGO50, Brickworld, LUGBULK, and now this, I'm just completely maxed out.
    edited June 2011
    It's just frustrating that if you don't get on the site in the first 30 minutes or less of one of these sales, it is next to impossible to get any of the direct sets due to people buying 2 or 3 of one item. They need to limit quantities in some capacity.
    At least they offer the direct sets now. Previously, they'd pull them all prior to a sale.
    I feel like a complete moron asking this, but what defines a "direct set?"
  • mkoeselmkoesel USAMember Posts: 97
    I just wish TRU would get Hillside House in stock. Need that one to pair with two other sets I want in that price range.
    A direct set is one that is sold exclusively by Lego at their "brick and mortar" stores. Target, TRU, and amazon sell them, but you have to get them online. Examples include the imperial flagship, grand emporium, death star, diagon alley, etc.
    edited June 2011
    It's just frustrating that if you don't get on the site in the first 30 minutes or less of one of these sales, it is next to impossible to get any of the direct sets due to people buying 2 or 3 of one item. They need to limit quantities in some capacity.
    ummm it is a buy two get the 3rd 90% off, they would limit the quantity for 2-3, so the argument is not clear. What TRU needs to do is build their stocks up before having a sale like this. Not just have a BOGO50 sales then not more than a week later do a buy two get the third for 90% off.
    I think the idea is they are trying to reduce stock (to make way for new inventory) and generate some sort of income in the slow economy
    ^ and I support them in doing so :o)
    @madforlegos: What I meant is you can get around that by placing multiple orders for the same item. I was saying limit 1-2 set type per account/address so that you could still maximize your discount by buying multiple sets, just not of the same type.
    ^-- true, but there are a lot of people that are only getting the 3.. I see what you are saying, but I think the bigger issue is lack of stock, Many direct sets they only get a handful in to begin with.. so if they only have 6 Death stars for example thaat means it takes two people to deplete the stock, not necessarily someone placing multiple orders.. as that can take time, so I am not sure if someone is getting more than 3, especially when others are trying to get theirs...
    Does anyone know if you can pair store pickup items with items that need to be shipped? I just realized that I might have been able to pair a QAR last week with one of the direct sets that sporadically came back into stock. But since the QAR never showed back up online, it never occurred to me to just choose pickup...
    ^ I haven't actually gone through with it, but I just tried it with my shopping cart, and it looks like it's allowing it.
    (frustrated I didn't think of it last week)
    ^ I wouldn't kick yourself too hard. I didn't even know the store pick-up feature was working since it didn't work for me when I checked about a month ago.
    I'm still waiting for my items in stock emails from TRU! doh :o)
    FYI, the sale works on clearance items as well. And TRU is having 25% clearance on top of their clearance prices. Some stores have been having Toy Story and Power Miner sets on clearance. By crazy luck I stumbled upon these two beauties tonight:

Got the 7680 for essentially $42 and the 7676 for $35.
    Good job man....my TRU does have some of the older stuff, but nothing like that!
    edited June 2011
    ^^--WOW, Nice pickup!!!!
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 164
    This doesn't make much sense that they continue to have these sales when there is such limited stock. Very frustrating :(
    They are completely stocked in sets, just not most of the ones we want... which is sort of the point of a promotion, right? :P
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 768
    Bought 3 of the alien conquest $5 sets and after my $10 in rewards the 3 sets cost me .52! Thanks for the tip Brickset. Almost free way to build up an army of these aliens/alien defense figs and the new guns.
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 164
    edited June 2011
    They are completely stocked in sets, just not most of the ones we want...
    Exactly. Might be nice though for people with a local TRU to stock up as bmwlego mentions. Unfortunately, the closest one to me is an hour away.
    Well, a minor victory. One of the local TRU still had the 8964 Titanium Command Rig in stock for $69.98 on clearance plus extra 25% off clearance items = $52.48. Combining this with the B2G1 90% off, it was a total of $118.75 w/ tax for 3 of the sets. Not bad considering that set used to be $99.99.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    Likewise, I was able to get a couple of sets that I just kept putting off on clearance plus 25% more off and combine them for the sale. I was able to get the Neptune Carrier and the Lunar Limo, and then add the deep see raider, all for about $71.

I hope to see better sales (B2GO), but for the sets that are still MSRP, I can live with this one. 30% off MSRP is not too bad. Doesn't help that there are so few sets at MSRP, though.
    My store also had those two sets plus the Toy Story garbage truck, 2 of which were already reduced and all 3 of which would qualify for the extra 25%. But I'd simply be parting them out and I didn't find many useful parts in the limo outside of the purple pimp hat. :o). I might see if they're honoring the online BOGO50% sale today and then pick up the other two...

As for the MSRP observation, I would argue that a ton of the sets were still at MSRP including all of the new summer sets plus a handful of older sets like public transport, police boat, police helo, apple tree house, lighthouse, police battlepack, Cars 2 sets, etc...
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    If any of you yanks are still wanting the UK's recent newspaper polybags set (all 9 of 'em, plus extra Jack's if you want) in exchange for a Garbage truck I'd love to trade. Can't get that cheap here at all!
    List of sets here:
    http://www.brickset.com/brickLists/?4963
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    If any of you have bought 30015, I'd love a couple of it in exchange for anything on http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=AlbusDumbledore
    (And I know some of that stuff has mad prices, I'm not really looking to sell it, just to list all my 'haves' centrally)
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    My comment a few posts up regarding MSRP obviously doesn't apply to the newer sets, except for PotC (which are insane - 17% on the QAR). What I see at my local store are things like Brickbeards Bounty at $105, the passenger train at $143... basically the stuff that "I" really want are overpriced, so naturally I'll gripe a bit.

On the flip side, though, I was able to get the Power Miner rig at 25% off the $70 reduced price, and combine it on the BOGO offer with the Hogwarts set, so happy day there.
    So the goofballs at Toys R Us have shipped my 3 Emerald Nights in THREE SEPARATE BOXES. I have 3 tracking numbers... there's no way that's an efficient way to do things, but oh well... they're on their way!
    edited June 2011
    My comment a few posts up regarding MSRP obviously doesn't apply to the newer sets, except for PotC (which are insane - 17% on the QAR). What I see at my local store are things like Brickbeards Bounty at $105,
    Isn't BrickBeards Bounty out of production now?
    edited June 2011
    So the goofballs at Toys R Us have shipped my 3 Emerald Nights in THREE SEPARATE BOXES. I have 3 tracking numbers... there's no way that's an efficient way to do things, but oh well... they're on their way!
    In their defense the Lego boxes for the Emerald night are kinda weird dimensions but yeah they can at least fit two into the shipping box.. I think it is either a deal they made with UPS to use the same size box for all shipping OR that they are paranoid about the box getting dented and the product damaged so they have that much space in them...
    Not that I would condone this, but has anyone tried returning one of their "buy two" sets to the store to turn this into a "buy one" deal?