Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

PaB available in christmas baubles

mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
I saw it today at the UK Westfield Shepherd's Bush Lego store, but assume it's available in all Lego stores: For GBP 2.50, you can fill one of the transparent christmas baubles (identical to the ones in #853344 etc.) with elements from the PaB wall. The baubles also contain a 6x6 white dish with Lego print in the bottom (see image). The empty bauble seems to have product ID 850503.

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,697
    £2.50! That seems like a great price.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Sorry! Just looked on the payslip. It's GBP 2.99!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,697
    edited November 2012
    mressin said:

Sorry! Just looked on the payslip. It's GBP 2.99!

Still seems reasonable, and assuming PAB has the same bricks, you could save yourself £1 by filling it with red 2x2s yourself (instead of buying the pre-filled ones). And seemingly cheaper than the US.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Bit pissed off, bought one at Stratford last week and was given no such offer!
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    They're $7.99 in the US, so you guys are getting a much better deal.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    jadeirene said:

They're $7.99 in the US, so you guys are getting a much better deal.

That price is insane unless you are buying the ornament with the Gold/dark tan/ Trans-yellow bricks inside. The empty ornament barely fills a small PAB cup yet they are practically the same price.
    1. @Huw Since there is a set number (850503), maybe this should go into the database?

2. Filled baubles have a higher price in the UK.

3. Pro Tip: before you fill the bauble, turn the dish upside down for more space. ;)
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    I bought one this past weekend and was amazed that it's cheaper than the gold/red/green baubles.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    At the Milton Keynes store this last weekend I was told, categorically, that customers were not allowed to fill the baubles from the pick-a-brick wall :o/
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    didn't get offered the filler in Sheffield either :(
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    odd, the pre-printed store display here in the US even says something like "make your own Holiday ornament" or something, and mentions using the PAB wall to fill it in the fine print.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Interesting.... I did a google search and looks like the item is described as a Holiday Christmas Ornament Bauble for minifigure display. So I guess the dish on the bottom is intended as a stand for a minifig of your choice.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    At US Lego Stores, they are sold for $7.99 filled from the PaB wall. I was talking to a store manager who had just built a little Christmas tree inside one for display.

However, at Legoland CA (and presumably LLFL), they are sold for $2.99 and you can NOT fill them from the factory store PaB.

So I guess YMMV from store to store.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    so it sounds like they are testing multiple concepts to gauge sales on each.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I can confirm mressin's comment, the signage at Shepherds Bush clearly said you could fill the baubles. And I saw several people do just that.
    They had a couple of nice trans bricks in the PaB wall which would look quite nice in the bauble IMHO.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    Hmm the Sheffield store did not offer me the fill up option, need to seek clarification on this one.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    No option to fill them in Stratford, or there wasn't when I bought mine on 25/10
    I _think_ they said you could fill it with minifigs alternatively, but I didn't check that further.
    I wonder if that's why they're not available online?
    @bricksan - would you check with Sheffield please? I don't want to call if you are.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Just popped into Manchester. They sold out of two boxes of baubles. They were letting you fill them with pickabrick or minifigs(s?). She said the instructions she got were vague but was surprised other stores were selling them empty.
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    Last time i was in Manchester, i saw a kid with them with minifigure in there. And he got 2 (not together)

I wonder if that's why they're not available online?
    @bricksan - would you check with Sheffield please? I don't want to call if you are.

Yep will get back to you ASAP
    ^^^ She said they do expect more in, although I wonder if the instructions will be clearer by then. Filled with bricks at that price is a very very good deal.
    Awesome, clarification from Kevin at Sheffield that they can be filled from PAB or with a build a minifig :D

Awesome, clarification from Kevin at Sheffield that they can be filled from PAB or with a build a minifig :D

I emailed him but he has not got back to me, I take it you rang?

Update I can confirm that you can fill up your bauble at the Sheffield store, I am taking mine back on Sunday to get it re-filled :-)
    @bricksan Do you know how much a refill is?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ I think he just means he's getting it filled cos he wasn't allowed to on purchase?
    bricksan
    edited November 2012
    ^ Although then it wouldn't be re-filled, just filled. I'll be back to Manchester store on Thursday to see if they've had any more in.
    I meant filled :-P
    Oh ok, I understand now. :)
  • trax_3trax_3 Member Posts: 75
    edited November 2012
    Nipped into the Shepherd's Bush store this afternnon and saw an empty bauble and one with a snowman made from bricks in a display area near the till. When I asked if they had any left to buy they said they had run out. Guy on the till checked the stock sheet to see when more would be arriving in but that drew a blank (none expected!). Without me even asking he went to check with the manager to see if I could have the one left on display - answer, yes. Stroke of luck I guess or just excellent customer care.
  • Nadana86Nadana86 Member Posts: 65
    So you pay 2.50 pounds for an empty one that you can fill at the PAB wall and 7.99 for a pre-filled one?
    2.99 for the empty one.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    $9.99 CDN for a filled one.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Now in NYC (Queens store) there's a sign saying fill from PAB and they're $7.99. One of the store staff has been making some very nifty little MOCs in them, an xmas tree, presents, a totally sweet fireplace... I filled mine with parts to make the fireplace and presents just because they're really good looking. Forgot to take pics though, will get on that.