Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF series 9

AJRoperAJRoper Member Posts: 33
Just stumbled upon this apparently confirmed list for series 9 minifigures. Silver packets, wasn't sure if I was allowed to post link or not

Series 9

Alien Trooper
Chicken Suit Guy
Maid Marion
Heroic Knight
Cyclops
Mermaid
Fortune Teller
Dr. Splitz
Roller Derby Girl
Judge
Battle Mech
Caesar
Downtown Cop
Plumber
Waiter
Hollywood Starlet

Comments

• BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    I like it.. More so than series 8.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Cyclops and Caesar...Giddy up!!!
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,979
    Ooh. I am excited about several of these.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Pitfall69 said:

Wonder if this points towards some mythology/historic greek/roman series coming at some point in the future.

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Dr. Splitz?...

This is probably the first series I have ever wanted EVERY SINGLE ONE from (Not that collecting whole series is something I haven't been doing)!
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    The list seems equally weighted... no army builders or really bad figures. Hopefully another easy series to complete.
    edited October 2012
    Battle mech? Heroic Knight? Chicken Suit Guy? Cyclops? Alien Trooper?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,491
    AJRoper said:

Just stumbled upon this apparently confirmed list for series 9 minifigures. Silver packets, wasn't sure if I was allowed to post link or not...

It's also on the frontpage...

I'd hold the word 'confirmed' very loosely as there's no-way these are the actual names (Maid Marion is a character rather than an archetype and Dr Spiltz is from the cartoon Space Monkeys...).

If anything it may be someone's interpretation of what they've seen... Or wish for.

That said, I'd love to see a number of these become reality.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    andhe said:

It's also on the frontpage...

Yup, been there since yesterday morning :-)

This is, IMO, a long way from being confirmed. Personally, I'll reserve judgement until we get a bit more concrete information ... but it does sound like an interesting mix of figs.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,834
    I'd hope caesar would be a fairly plain roman in a toga, with maybe a nice headpiece to show he is a caesar. That way, he would definitely be an army builder - for a roman town. If he is in too much regalia, then he wouldn't really fit in as a civilian. Much like the S8 pirate is not much use for a band of pirates.

I see quite a few army builders there.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 966
    If this does become confirmed it'll be the most excited I've been about a series for quite some time. Sounds very fresh, which is welcome after the underwhelming dross of Series 8.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 579
    If this is an accurate list, there are one or two figures I correctly guessed - but it sounds impressive.
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    I like the sound of most of these - especially the mythological/fantasy-based ones - but, speaking as one who collects these minifigs as raw materials for my own creations, I have to stick up for poor, unloved Series 8.

For me, the highlights of 8 are that it has lots of interesting new moulds, another new colour for both short and long female pony-tails, fairy wings, the ruff, the Empress' two-piece purple cape, and my personal favourites - the black bowler hat and the manbat (I've been gagging for wings like that for years, to complete my planned Morbius/Black Bolt/Sub-Mariner minifigs - yes, yes, I know you have the brown ones in MF, but if you think I'm shelling out that much for effectively two figures you're loopy!).
    edited October 2012
    graphite said:

Pitfall69 said:

Wonder if this points towards some mythology/historic greek/roman series coming at some point in the future.

That would be awesome!!!

^I'm going to not try to go off topic too much, but I have been wanting a Clash of the Titans theme for a very long time. They have 3 movies. The original and 2 mildly successful remakes. They really don't need to make it a licenced theme seeing the characters are based on Greek Mythology. Medusa, Perseus, The Kraken. It would be epic.
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Lego doesn't seem to like to do licensed sets without vehicles.. I would die for a Roman Empire series, but I doubt we ever see one.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,834
    Chariots. And four horses pulling them too.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    edited December 2012
    If you know who Just2Good is, he found this vid:

The printing looks superb, no painting at all.. I will feel stupid if this ends up being a fake.

What do you think?
    Ugh! Those nails.

The minifigure is stunning. I'm hoping all of next years aliens live up to expectations.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    I have a feeling this kid is making up the story on the spot.

PS. Yes, those nails are nasty. LOL
    yys4u

I have a feeling this kid is making up the story on the spot

I can't get the volume to work. Care to explain what he said? You've got me curious.

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Couldn't hear it, so no idea what he said. Why didn't be take his armour off to show the head and torso? The armour is the same as the cmf7 guy right? Possibly just painted and decaled?
    ^ Here is some of the bits of info he said:

"I'm not sure if this minifigure is from S9, I didn't get it from a package but from a friend"
    "This might be from a galaxy patrol. My friend said the package has a bunch of these troopers behind it, like 20 of them. It was pointing a gun and that was the picture behind it. It was a polybag."
    "He didn't really know if it was a minifigure polybag or not, he said it was 'blackish'. So that leads me to believe that is from Galaxy patrol and not series 9."
    The story just doesn't add up somehow. But the minifigure looks pretty legit, if not, then the guy did a pretty good job customizing it.
    yys4u
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,329
    I don't know what to think, I am left wondering how he got his hands on one, but I suppose if those Batman figures could escape the factory so could this.
    S9 is supposed to have gray/ silver packaging.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited November 2012

Why didn't he take his armour off to show the head and torso?

He does...

He shows that the torso is fully printed front side, with no back print, which made me think it's genuine as LEGO has a habit of decorating the front, leaving the back plain... but then covering it with armour? That suggests a fig from a new range, and not a CMF. There is also evidence that the print has that shiney silver that lego uses.

The only thing that makes me think it could be faked was the printed shoulder on the armour, which seems excessive - as LEGO tend to pick a colour plastic, and leave it at that... BUT then i'd expect an amateur overdoing the artwork would've decorated the torso back, or the figs arms.
    So he either got bored after doing a cracking job of the front, which then gets hidden beneath armour (makes no sense), or it's genuine.

I think it's genuine, and not CMF.

(Though saying this, it is annoying that he never actually shows the shoulders properly, but instead wiggles it about... almost as if he doesn't want us to see the new thing he wants to show us... hmm...)
    ^s7 Space Marine had a printed torso and shoulder armour. If its legit then he's handling stolen property.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    edited November 2012
    Hmm. Some random thoughts:

+ The figure itself looks plausible. It's a fair bet that we're going to see more of the space marine armour, right? The print looks clean and amazing.

+ The armour shoulder print is very plausible. All instances of the armour (S7 CMF Space Patrol, #30164 Lex Luthor) had shoulder prints.

+ It doesn't look like the new Galaxy Squad theme. Assuming the Club Magazine Comic shows Galaxy Squad, then the "bad guys" are probably insectoid, sporting butterfly trunks, bee wings etc. The "good guys" would probably be some kind of space marines with above armour. The face in the video looks rather like a "space zombie", not a good guy.
    (Edit: I don't think it's a "zombified" good guy either, then there should be different face prints. On second thought, I would expect bad guys not to have yellow heads. Hmm...)

- The lighting is atrocious. It's really difficult to distinguish any true details, and it's a bit baffling that neither still images nor better lighting is provided. That doesn't make it more believable.

+ On the other hand, if somebody had wanted to intentionally conceal something, would the video really be provided in HD?

+ There is only one detail that makes me wonder if the figure is a fake after all: The "neck" does not sport that typical blotch of colour on the front that Lego minifigs usually have. Know what I mean? And if it comes from a polybag, then it's probably not a prototype?

Anyway, my bet is that this is the series 9 Alien Trooper.
    ^Chinese made figures (ie CMFs and others) don't have the neck 'blotch'.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    That video absolutely sucks. TURN ON A LIGHT, KID.

Looks like a cool minifigure though. Looks too good to be a custom. Can't wait for 2013.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    The kid made another video with higher quality and way better lighting!

• CrazyaddictCrazyaddict Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2012
    pretty cool alien. can reuse as an angry orc.

this is probably the rumored alien trooper in S9. don't see it as part of the galaxy squad theme.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    HEY I KNOW WHO JUST2GOOD IS!
    Yea, the new video is exciting. I really think this is a real figure!
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I agree with @Mressin, the lack of paint on the neck indicates its a Chinese made minifigure, which means it probably IS NOT part of the new theme Galaxy patrol. A new theme is usually on the shelves for some time before they put out a poly bag, let alone a polybag from China. So I'm going to have to assume its series 9 Alien Trooper because all the CMF are from China. The detail and printing + grey armor is too precise to be a custom IMHO. However, as @LegobrandonCP pointed out, the story doesn't make any sense...
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    LoTR?
    LEGO have released pictures of all the series 9 CMFs on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151166493013403.448993.6665038402&type=1

Few interesting developments... (the cyclops's huge moulded head for one).
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Ooh, I was hoping the starlet would have Marilyn hair :-)
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    I was speaking to an employee at the Lego store on Saturday and they said they've sold out of Series 8 and weren't getting anymore as Series 9 are due in December/January
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Here's a reminder of the series 9 list:
    Alien Trooper
    Chicken Suit Guy
    Maid Marion
    Heroic Knight
    Cyclops
    Mermaid
    Fortune Teller
    Dr. Splitz
    Roller Derby Girl
    Judge
    Battle Mech
    Caesar
    Downtown Cop
    Plumber
    Waiter
    Hollywood Starlet
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 784
    ^ Thanks @LostInTranslation saved me searching for the list again :-)
  • MilesMiles Member Posts: 51
    Awesome! I'm getting excited now - hopefully some will end up at Fred Meyers in time for Christmas...? *keeps fingers crossed*

And the Heroic Knight?! We get the old helmet with visor! I'm stoked!

Ooh, I was hoping the starlet would have Marilyn hair :-)

How much do you want to bet she has a beauty spot on her face as well? :p
    Miles said:

And the Heroic Knight?! We get the old helmet with visor! I'm stoked!

I'm actually a bit disappointed about this one! Unless that sword is different, I can't see any new pieces! (Other than whatever the shield and armour printing is).

I'm sure these will turn up somewhere before Christmas.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    i'm really hoping right now that the waiter will be similar to the tuxedo wearing waiters in so many Monty Python sketches. A Mr. Creosote MOC would be a ton of fun =-)
  • BobkovBobkov Member Posts: 31
    Fingers crossed on them starting to print the torso on the knights again... I get a deep sense of sadness each time I open a CMF with armor only to find the torso blank :-(
    So it turns out this kid DID find the new S9 figure... weird...
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Wow! The cyclops looks incredible! Thanks @Brick_Obsession
  • indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    The new mini figures look pretty good.

@minifigsme will be chuffed with the Roller Derby girl with skates.

I wonder which will be he hard to find this time.
    MinifigsMe
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    My money is on the Battle Mech being the one that folks try to army build, thus making hard to find.
    Dantos