Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New wave of clearance at Wal-Mart?

1235»

Comments

• DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    My buddy did find the Harbor for $44.50 and the Quinjet for $30 in Reno this morning.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    That is a killer deal on the Podracers... I would take them all, if shipping and time didn't kill the deal.
  • factorybeltfactorybelt Member Posts: 10
    All my Walmart has on clearance is one space center 3368 for $49 and a half dozen black pearls for $69, neither of which interest me. Jealous of your decent finds!
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    @decker I assume you are in Nevada as well?
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    At my local Walmart this morning, I picked up two #7964 Frigate sets for $49.50 and found a hidden #4645 Harbor for $44.50.
  • byhovabyhova IndianaMember Posts: 55
    I'm in Indiana and my Walmart has the pod racers 3 of them for 38.50 also, but like @decker I'm not a fan of the Star Wars (however I did pick up the 8095 General Grievous Starfighter for $35.00 only because I read somewhere his figure was fairly sought after, plus at 400 pieces my 4 1/2 year old can build it if he wants to
    gmpirate said:

@decker I assume you are in Nevada as well?

Actually ...I am in Los Angeles. I've known him for almost 30 years. We grew up together playing with Legos. He just happens to live in much more rural area than I do and he always seems to find the deals I can never find in LA.

@decker Did you get my pm?
  • bige1998bige1998 Member Posts: 16
    I just got the City Police Station for $49.00
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ location?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    edited November 2012
    Found Helms deep for $57, podrace set for $38.50, sith infiltrator for $29.50 and geonosian fighter for $12 and quinjet for $34.50 in Kentucky.
    so nice :(
    nice score in Kentucky. I hit up a couple more Walmarts today and had no luck finding a Police Station.
  • patsfan12patsfan12 Member Posts: 11
    Picked up 2 Hogwarts 4867, 2 POTC 4193 and SW 7931 all for $20 each and SW 7964 for $49.50. This was a nice pick me up after my daughter decided she didn't want to go to the Lego store and instead wanted to see Wreck It Ralph.
  • EnglishbobEnglishbob Member Posts: 24
    Recent finds- Geonosian Starfighter $12 , clone turbo tank $75, T6 Jedi shuttle $29, Podracers $56,bounty hunter gunship $30, Sith Infiltrator $39.
    Various walmarts on rt68 in Ohio. Helps that I drive on my job :)
  • Little3piggiesLittle3piggies Member Posts: 40
    It just occured to me, any thoughts on the effect of lay-aways on the inventory system in the walmart app?? Do you think that when an item is put on lay-away that it is deducted from the inventory count, or only when it is actually sold?
    I think from my experience that it is very possible that items stay in inventory until layaway is complete. I went to a store that showed Podracer set in stock at $38.50 (still shows it actually) and they were no where. I looked all over the store. Being in layaway is the most logical explanation for that sized set not being found.
  • Little3piggiesLittle3piggies Member Posts: 40
    I do think most stores have pallets of clearanced toys sitting in the back waiting for room on the clearance shelves. I've seen big lots of slightly clearanced legos disappear in store but not in inventory #s. Then they slowly get put back out.
  • bige1998bige1998 Member Posts: 16
    rocao said:

^ location?

Sorry, Lunenburg, Mass
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I saw a phenomenon at one Wal-Mart that I recall from last year. The clearance toys suddenly disappeared. In fact, the the regular store clearance was gone too. I guess depending on the Wal-Mart that they need the space for Christmas stuff. They will put back out what was left after Christmas.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 734
    You might have just missed a "extra" clearance sale too. I have 3 local WM near me in Iowa and only 1 of them will regularly clearance out LEGO. Just last week I ran in for the heck of it and they had a full isle of clearance toys by the paint section and a smaller shelve back by the bikes. I stopped in on Monday while 5-6 employees/manager were frantically repricing stuff...mostly 70%off or more. People were filling shopping carts full. I went back on Thursday and the isle was replaced with shovels and what was left was put back on the shelve by the bikes.
    I walked out of there with a lot of $70-80setss for $10-15each. Someone ahead of me got all the Darth Maul Sith Invader for $15
  • byhovabyhova IndianaMember Posts: 55
    Just thought I would give an update, but I just came from Wal-Mart (IN) about an hour ago and they have marked the MF Ghost Train was marked down (Rollback) to $62.50. It was not marked this price this morning, I'm in Walmart everyday for work & I check the LEGO before I leave :^) so just thought I would maybe give some info for another possible deal to look for. (And the Helm Deep set was clearanced for $57)
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    I'd kill for a $57 Helms Deep..
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    Went to two Walmart's today. One had the Tie Fighter with a sign next to it priced at $44.97. The next walmart had the exact same setup except the price for the Tie Fighter was $34.97. Perhaps not the best price but I decided to pick it up.
  • 51_Fifty51_Fifty Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    I have been getting to know the chick who works toys and found out some interesting things. She has told me that they do have more clearance sets in back that were left over from the huge sale they had to make room for Christmas. They had Monster Fighter's vampyre castles on sale for $20.00 or 70% off. They had Tie Fighter's for $1.00 and Sith infiltrator for $6.00. Anyway she said there's more of at least the MF sets to be put out later. Also online my store showed that it had the Republic Frigate in limited stock so I searched every inch of toys and never found it, I went several times and never seen it until they put it on the shelf yesterday. As far as layaway goes they do not allow clearance or large discount item's (anything with a zero on the end of the price ie: $1.00 or $1.50) I tried with a few different items and was told the system won't allow those items to be entered. One more thing is that the clearance prices on items in that store are priced just for that store. I bought 3 MF werewolf sets at my store for $6.00 each. I live about 300 feet away from Walmart so I go daily and have found a few $1.00 sets here and there. One last thing that I have seen people talk about is location and the amount of discounts, saying that stores in better areas see less discounts than stores in crappy areas. I think that is absolutely right!!! I have 4 Walmarts within 10 miles and the one closest to me (I live in a crappy area) always has a ton of stuff at 50-70% off where the other 3 will have the same items but never go more than 25% off. Hope this helps and good luck hunting!!
    rocao - 11/8/2012 - removed mention of fraud
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 802
    If the gas situation in NY would improve I would love to go hunting for clearance LEGO and take my mind off of the mess that traveling in NY after Hurricane Sandy and now this Noreaster is.
    51_Fifty said:

. She has told me that they do have more clearance sets in back that were left over from the huge sale they had to make room for Christmas.

Did you ask if she could pull some of them out for you and that you would buy them without them going on the floor and taking up room?
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    edited November 2012
    wow! that's kind of scummy. Nice scam!
    rocao - 11/8/12 - removed mention of fraud
  • 51_Fifty51_Fifty Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2012
    @pharmjod No I didn't ask but from what she says it's all up to management. She did say that the 1st and 15th of the month are good times to get clearance items because they are also the dates that people get their support checks and Walmart can move the items quickly.

@Bosstone100 I am a total scumbag.
    rocao - 11/8/12 - removed mention of fraud
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    I've removed mentions of the defrauding technique. Some posts were simple edits, and some were removed completely because it was the sole content.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Sucks my local wal mart has lego sets in the clearance isle, but they are still regular price. Only some Halo Mega Bloks on sale.... Picked up EVA's Last Stand for $15. Did see one friends polybag for $1 but it was open...
  • littlerobinlittlerobin Member Posts: 17
    My Wal-mart has clear shelves even with the regular prices :( Clearances almost never happen. For the last couple months they didn't seem to get any price reduction :( I guess I should consider moving :)
  • Dread_PirateDread_Pirate Member Posts: 184
    My walmart had a bunch of StarWars sets on clearance a month or so ago to make room for the new stuff like MF. Some sets were a pretty good deal others not so much. I did end up getting 2 of the Space Launch Complex sets for $40 each on this sale. 50% off... yup I will buy. I ended up getting 5 of the Black Pearl for $49. 4 are to keep/sell and one for my son. Keep looking you can get deals every now and again. K-mart also is pretty good about clearance deals too.
  • odshowtimeodshowtime Member Posts: 49
    I was really proud of myself for going to walmart on a lark today and fining the very last sith infiltrator hidden behind stuff and then ringing it up and grabbing it when it was only $35. Then I read about $15??? Crapola! Then again I live in Tampa which is pretty crowded so we don't get the crazy clearance some of you in BFE do. I'm just glad I was patient with this set and waited to buy it. I like 50% off MRRP. $70 is WAAYY too much for this set but $35 is just right.

Happy Thanks giving to all.
  • RK2002RK2002 Member Posts: 2

My walmart had a bunch of StarWars sets on clearance a month or so ago to make room for the new stuff like MF. Some sets were a pretty good deal others not so much. I did end up getting 2 of the Space Launch Complex sets for $40 each on this sale. 50% off... yup I will buy. I ended up getting 5 of the Black Pearl for $49. 4 are to keep/sell and one for my son. Keep looking you can get deals every now and again. K-mart also is pretty good about clearance deals too.

I missed all deals on the Black Pearl last week / this week due to being out of town with no internet access. This is a set my daughter really wants. Would you mind selling me one of the extras you bought for a little profit? Thanks.