Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Police Helicopter 4473

kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 824
edited August 2012 in Collecting
On the Argos.co.uk website there is a picture of the new Lego city police helicopter set 4473 but the picture is listed as a different set, instead of it being set 4473 it is listed as Lego set 7741, I just thought I would let you guys over here know, here is the link to see the picture of the upcoming lego set 4473 listed at Argos.co.uk

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductLargeImagePopup?storeId=10151&jsparm=false&imageName=353-3887440SPA78UC1210293X.jpg&imageText=&jsparm=false

Comments

• bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    I found the same image and just reported on BF about it, I doubled checked database to make sure as well. It looks pretty good.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Thanks, now frontpaged.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 824
    ^ cheers, about a week ago I posted this news to huw but it didn't really seem to get anywhere so instead today I decided to make a forum discussion to let people know about it and thanks again
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    Is this one similar in size to 7741?
    ^ possibly except it is probably wider and longer than the old one
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    Looks good, I need a new one
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,490
    edited July 2012
    I couldn't see the difference when you emailed before -- sorry!

It does look rather similar from the thumbnail, doesn't it...
    @Huw yes I thought it looked very similar in the Argos catalogue but when I took a closer look I realised it was a different helicopter
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,490
    Maybe someone should buy it and see if it's the new one, perhaps they've finally run out of 7741.
    @Huw I was thinking of doing that but knowing my luck it would be the old version I would receive
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,280
    Why not do a customer view on it? Then if it is indeed the old one you won't have to buy it (although I always feel bad about making them go and find something if I am not actually going to buy it!)
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    edited August 2012
    I am yet to see a good helicopter model by lego ... however i thought the 4493 holds promise and i was quiet impressed by the end result .. despite the fact that this is a city model ... i think this is good enough to almost qualify as a display set ... considering that this is a very healthy sized model image

Here it is !
    Scale and hatches
    For $50... its worth it.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    I was wondering: By now, practically all of the 2013 City Models have been revealed, right? And the police helicopter 4473 hasn't been part of that lineup, hasn't been confirmed, and also hasn't been spotted yet in the wild, right?

It just seems a bit dodgy to me. While the model looks ok, and kind-of genuine, I also think it looks a bit odd for a model.
    ^ there also isn't a five digit number for that set
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Right. I have the impression that it's in the database at all because of that image at Argos. With the early 2013 city lineup confirmed, is that still warranted? @Huw?
    Sorry about the bump but it looks like in some parts of the world you can buy this set
    http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5949#comments