Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] TRU June 15-18 BOGO 50% off "all"

Comments

• JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    I received my shipping confirmation for 2 Diagon Alleys. Only received shipping confirmation for the prmo light houses for my other 4 large orders?
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    edited June 2011
    I have shipping confirmation and tracking numbers for all of my orders both large and small...I ordered close to midnight...maybe they are just backed up.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,155
    I ordered a ton of stuff and got order confirmations on much of it (including the Death Stars).. but I am missing the Death Star shipment notice.. so far.. TRU is known for being a bit slow or certain things shipping so I would not be worried yet.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 315
    Received shipping confirmation on the Market Village Raids but nothing on the Imperial Shuttles.
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    Nice... now a bunch of the sets don't even come up in searches (diagon alley, death star, tantive, emerald night).
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Showing 4 of MMV back in stock. If anyone wants to grab a couple, do it quick:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3506491
    MMV.....I knew I was forgetting a set when I was making purchases on Tuesday Night....
    Nice... now a bunch of the sets don't even come up in searches (diagon alley, death star, tantive, emerald night).
    Well TRU is probably tired of the false positives of those sets being in stock when they are not, so they yanked the entries, OR they just got another shipment from Lego for those sets but do not want those sold under their sale.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Confirmed. I just logged on to buy a cargo train and imperial flagship. Neither is even coming up in a search! No modulars, Diagon Alley, Death Star, Tower Bridge, MMV. Come on!
  • allendeanallendean Member Posts: 32
    Death Star is back. Just ordered 2. Hurry!!!!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    just snagged two emerald nights
    just snagged two emerald nights
    How did you find it? It doesn't even come up in a search.
    Anyone have a direct link to the Emerald Night, Cargo Train and Imperial Flagship? Can't find them on a general search of the site.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    THANKS!!! Got 2. Whew!
    They might actually have more... it only let me put 5 in my cart even though the limit is 6, but it mentioned the "shopping cart limit" as the reason and not unavailable quantities.
    just got shipment confirmation on my first order - placed about 30 hours ago. they shipped my free mini lighthouse seperately, but not the two grand emporiums yet. wow, what a waste on their part.

still no shipment on the 2 emporiums or my 2nd order, which was 2 emerald nights
    I've gotten several notifications for the free mini lighthouse shipping separately from my large sets, and no notification of the large sets. However, I just got one for Diagon Alley + mini lighthouse, so that's a step in the right direction.

I also haven't gotten order confirmations for 3 orders I placed about 30 minutes ago, whereas those came instantly on my orders placed yesterday.
    argh. killing my wallet. do i buy two shuttles or not?
    I wasn't going to buy any during this sale since there's a fair chance amazon will discount them, but then a single Tower Bridge came back in stock, so I coupled a Shuttle with it :P
    Nothing like these BOGO %50 sales to encourage the hoarder in everyone.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,210
    I've been staring at these stupid direct links all day, wondering what to do too

Rocao's order puts me to shame :o)
    Yeah, I didn't get anything online, but went to a local (well, local to me... an hour away) TRU yesterday and bought doubles of a couple AC and kingdoms sets. The sales are just too good to pass up.
    ^^ Were most of them actually in stock? I was out of the house and only returned to a few of them :P
    I just wish they'd have the creator shuttle adventure in stock. I could get that with the tantive possibly.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,210
    ^^ I only remembered the direct link back door around noon EST. Everything came back in stock except Diagon, the trains, and the QAR. I personally don't recall seeing the death stars but it's certainly possible they popped back in and out.
    word was death stars did pop back in briefly
    Shipping confirmations from all my orders placed Tuesday night/Wednesday morning have come in, so it looks like everything is being honored. The email notification when an item comes back in stock seems to not be working since I wasn't notified of a few of the sets coming back in stock this morning.

Now the worry shifts to whether or not the sets are packaged well enough to avoid damage.
    wow. so i received more shipment confirmations. my first order yesterday was 2 emporiums, and the free mini lighthouse. they apparently shipped all 3 items today - in 3 separate shipments. what an awful fulfillment process they must have. seriously, if they could figure out how to manage multi-item shipping more sensibly, maybe they wouldn't have to charge higher than RRP for their sets?
    I don't think the emails work with the product ID backdoor. I certainly haven't received any email updates today despite signing up for several...
    ^ I signed up for email notification when the products were still listed normally, so the problem isn't when the alert definition is created. Now if it didn't trigger because the item listing was removed from normal viewing when it came back into stock, that's plausible... although I still think it's most likely that the email notification just plain doesn't work :P
    ^ I agree on the former, that the normal view "shield" is blocking the email functionality. But I could of course be wrong and their clunky system just might not work. It's better than Target's, though. :o)
    TRUs in the St. Louis area are still relatively stocked. Hit the one near me today and picked up a double of Mill Raid and the Marina (a terrible set, but need it to finish out all the City Sets). Bummer was they we out of mini lighthouses, so I got some kind of Hero Factory online kit. Also picked up 2 Emerald Nights online today. Hope they ship!
    BTW, Death Stars currently showing as in stock.
    must only be 1 DS left - i can add 1 to my cart, but not 2
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 243
    If you are in the NYC area, the TRU flagship in Times Square has at least 10 Emerald Nights, a few Fire Brigades, a couple of Grand Emporiums, Imperial Shuttle and Imperial Flagships. All scanned at list price. Picked up 2 ENs. Cargo train also available but with $20 mark up. Cars are list, but no AQ.
    I have everything I have order officialy shipping except Im still waiting for my Death Stars and Excavators to ship... I will be hitting a local TRU to pick up the light house with my coupons and BOGO (hopefully they have them on Friday night)
    edited June 2011
    If you are in the NYC area, the TRU flagship in Times Square has at least 10 Emerald Nights, a few Fire Brigades, a couple of Grand Emporiums, Imperial Shuttle and Imperial Flagships. All scanned at list price. Picked up 2 ENs. Cargo train also available but with $20 mark up. Cars are list, but no AQ.
    Nice I always wondered where the Directs are sold in B&Ms because they have that note reporting that they are sold in stores.... Of course here in Chicago it means fighting traffic to get to the downtown store only to get killed on Sales tax.

edited June 2011
    I have everything I have order officialy shipping except Im still waiting for my Death Stars and Excavators to ship... I will be hitting a local TRU to pick up the light house with my coupons and BOGO (hopefully they have them on Friday night)
    Got the shipping information being sent to UPS for the Excavators and Death Stars.
    So I would say be patient as it is taking TRU some time to sort all of this out :-)
    man these guys are idiots. 2 orders, each for 3 items (2 paid plus the freebie). I'm getting shipped 6 different packages via UPS.
    man these guys are idiots. 2 orders, each for 3 items (2 paid plus the freebie). I'm getting shipped 6 different packages via UPS.
    Actually for the first two shipments I got both boxes had two items.. I was impressed and thought they finally cleaned up their acts, but sadly my next shipments are going to be one item per box.. frickin 6 boxes showing up to my place...
    I wouldn't mind, except the boxes always look like they were punted on one side, I wish they would actually put enough shipping bubbles in the box to keep it from doing that.. Mercifully they usually have enough open air to allow the box to slide a bit and usually stopping the box from getting smashed too.
    man, if my LEGO boxes are damaged, i'm going to be unhappy. at least 2 of the 4 are destined for resale/collecting
    edited June 2011
    ^ From my personal experience, most the boxes will arrive with insufficient inner padding and if you've ordered the heavier sets, there's a high probability that they will show creasing at the very least. Last month I had to exchange a Super Car in-store and it was so badly damaged that I actually called ahead to notify them I was coming in so that I'd save myself the trouble and frustration if I walked into the store and they refused to handle the return.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    ^^ In my experience 50% of the sets I order from TRU arrive damaged badly....so if you only need to resell half you should be ok. Some of the last Diagon Alleys I received were completely trashed and unfit to resell unless parting out.
    oh great...
  • 50missioncap50missioncap Member Posts: 96
    edited June 2011
    I purchased:
    Death Star x 2
    Tower Bridge x 2
    Emerald Night x 2
    Grand Emporium + Diagon Alley
    Emerald Night + Mobile Crane
    AC Earth Defense + City Harbor
    Mill Village Raid + City of Atlantis