Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Expired: Walmart.com: Super Star Destroyer, Ultimate R2-D2, Death Star reduced!

14567810»

Comments

• beabea Member Posts: 227
    The red passenger train is in stock for $89.45, for anyone interested.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,656
    Does anyone know about Walmart do their pricing ? We saw the same set price changing 4+ times a day with every time a different price and no up or down trend.
    Amazon also have some price jump on the same day, but it is because it starts the day at RRP, then matches a sale, then sold out so it jump to the cheapest 3rd party vendor...
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    bea said:

The red passenger train is in stock for $89.45, for anyone interested.

I was going to post the same thing. Here is the link:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-City-Passenger-Train-Play-Set/20552231
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    I'm really hoping for another good shot at the yellow cargo train. I must check it 10 times a day to see if it goes on sale anywhere for $120 or less.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Joust, GE and TB in stock. PS and TH won't appear in cart.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Sorry, not TB, DA can be added to the cart.
    sidersdd
    DS is back for $318
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    edited October 2012
    Everybody please go here:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Harry-Potter-Diagon-Alley/dp/B0048EKMMK

And tell them about this lower price:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Harry-Potter-Diagon-Alley/17353276

And when Amazon does finally match it, would the most telepathic amongst you please send me an instant brain beam?
    ^ Does that work for items not yet in stock on Amazon ? My screen says DA is in stock on 10/13, which means they are aout of stock now
    I'm not sure how or if it "works," but it would be nice. DA is gone (again) from Walmart now anyway!
    Several days ago, they matched the OOS TB, so there is hope :)
    Thanks, I'll try not to blink!
    shikadi
    Joust has been matched on Amazon: $92.33
    amazon.com/LEGO-4658308-Kingdoms-Joust-10223/dp/B006QZ7T2K
  • Faedian7Faedian7 Member Posts: 50
    I'm still waiting for amazon to price match walmart on GE. I seem to keep missing the deals on it at walmart...On a side note, I just finished building the FB I got from amazon and I must say it was a fun build! My favorite items were the ping pong table and the fridge.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    Death Star back at Walmart, $318

walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star/17353280
  • joch29joch29 Member Posts: 15
    PS and DA also available
    I just got my Joust set today, packed well with padding, box is mint... still listed at 92.33. So far the best out of the 4 sets I ordered.
  • speedpro50speedpro50 Member Posts: 12
    Pet Shop shows out of stock for me right now.
  • jpczjpcz Member Posts: 95
    I'd love to get a PS at that price, but everytime I check its OOS. how is everyone getting theirs? Constant refresh?
    Refresh and email alert when something is posted in this forum :)
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    just ordered the PS, have to see how they are packed :)
  • Decroded77Decroded77 Member Posts: 40
    Got my Pet Shop yesterday. Packed in what I assume is the Lego brown cardboard box. No dents, no dings. If only the TH, GE, and FB hadn't gotten yanked out of my cart while I was checking out... next time maybe.
    @111ins, I gave them a 10 on Effort for the packing of my PS. It was cardboard pieces from one or more shipping box taped around the LEGO box. It was not taped on the LEGO box itself, however it didn't have the structural strength of a box for stacking. Box came out with a few creases but sealed.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,961
    I had not bit on anything, despite having had chances at several sets. PS got me yesterday. I figure this is a set my younger daughter would enjoy for her bday, especially since there is next to nothing available next year that my girls will have the slightest interest in.

I am hoping that mine arrives similarly to the above, simply for the matter that my kids will be home the day it is scheduled to arrive. It would be hard to explain why I now have PS.

I have not been able to pull the trigger on joust. I have King's Castle stashed away, and several Castle items for my son, but taking that money and putting it to new Ninjago sets would be what he would rather do at this time.

I keep hoping they will put a few other things on discount, but the items I want have not gone any lower.
    FB just came in stock.
  • CrazyaddictCrazyaddict Member Posts: 35
    and FB is out again.
  • joch29joch29 Member Posts: 15
    OOS but everything seems to be back to reg price
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Yep, the party might be over.
  • 1stflabuyer1stflabuyer Member Posts: 17
    Joust, Train Station and Flexible Tracks are at the sale price now.
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    WM Site Maintenance... D:
    I got all my shipments from WM, summary (all but GE were site2store)
    Worst: T1 Camper, no shipping box, crushed stickers all over - returned (only set returned)
    Pet Shop: Card board taped around it, but not on LEGO box, creases, but good condition
    Passenger Train: Shipped in a box not wide enough, so was angled in the box, minor creases
    GE: Shipped in a perfect size box, but LEGO box has a 2"x2" spot on the back where the artwork is tear up (like someone pull off a piece of tape)
    Best: Joust: Shipped in box with padding, mint condition.

During the same time I received several shipments from Amazon, one LEGO box was crushed (while shipping box was good) and 2 TB were damaged, They were packed together along with a 3rd set (that got minor damages) in a large box with no padding.

For the past 10 days (and those 10 days alone) I rank Amazon shipping below Walmart and Target was best of all 3.

Bottom line, at those prices I will order from Walmart again, it is a low risk gamble, returns are easy, adjusting price was also easy and the couple CS I talked to over the phone were nice.

Got xmas and next year birthdays covered for gifts with good savings, can't complain :)

Thanks to everyone who posted items back in stock, items with price drops and Amazon price matching.
    speedpro50
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 867
    So interesting -- I've never had an issue with Amazon. Also fine with Target. But I don't order in the volume of some of you so maybe that is why.
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    walmart tower bridge $200 in stock
    @hoyatables, yes was an unusual bad streak for me, may be having to handle all those extra shipments because of price matching with prime 2 day shipping was cause for some mistake...
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Received the rest of what I ordered from this crazy sale. Final results: Only one set came without a proper shipping box, and it was undamaged except for a shipping sticker and a stuck on invoice pouch. Everything else came in a box - some in the original Lego shipping boxes and some reboxed by WM. Not one of the boxes was smashed or dented. Overall, this was a great experience and I'll buy more if they ever repeat the prices.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    DadsAFOL said:
    TB in stock at WM for $194.45 (19% off)
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    Amazon seems to have consistent problems with crush damage when you buy a lot of heavy sets at once; if the boxes are the same dimensions, they'll ship them together in one container. The bottom box tends to get squished, especially if the Lego within it is not distributed evenly, and the middle boxes may as well depending on how heavy the sets are. Even bubble wrap doesn't especially help, as it will mitigate some crushing but doesn't fully deal with the sheer weight problem.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    DadsAFOL said:

DadsAFOL said:
    TB in stock at WM for $194.45 (19% off)
    Shows full price to me.
    I think it went back up. It had been at $194.45.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Amberyl said:

Amazon seems to have consistent problems with crush damage when you buy a lot of heavy sets at once; if the boxes are the same dimensions, they'll ship them together in one container. The bottom box tends to get squished, especially if the Lego within it is not distributed evenly, and the middle boxes may as well depending on how heavy the sets are. Even bubble wrap doesn't especially help, as it will mitigate some crushing but doesn't fully deal with the sheer weight problem.

Yes, this is specifically why I stagger my orders with them if I'm ordering multiple things, to make sure I get just one item per box, or no more than 2 like sized items in one box (for heavier things). If I don't wait long enough between orders sometimes they'll combine them, but I've figured them out pretty well now. :)
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    Amazon has TB back for $194.45.
    Looks like they are all back to their normal pricing .
    I think it is over as well. *sigh*
    I came a bit too late to deciding I was going to purchase anything. I never had interest in the modulars.

I am happy with ordering the one item I did (Pet Store). I think this will make a great present for my daughter's bday. It is a large set, and has fun play value.

After reviewing all the modulars after the fact, I think I picked the best one for our needs. The Town Hall is the only other one I wish I would have nabbed, but there is plenty of time for that in the future if I decide we really want it.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    For anyone that called or emailed and had a price adjustment approved, have you actually seen a refund to your credit card yet? I haven't yet, and was curious if I should do more than sit and wait as they're telling me to do.

This is different than the automatic refund ("rollback") that was given on the Death Star.
    ^ In my case, I got an (automated?) email saying payment adjustment was made. This was in addition to the response from Walmart Customer Care. The amount was refunded to my credit card on the same day as the email.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Ok, nevermind. I thought they had already billed me for the original amount and after calling in for the adjustment I would see the refund amount on my credit card. What happened is that they don't bill until the item ships, and since there was a delay before shipping, they actually just adjusted the initial charge amount to be correct so no refund was needed. This coupled with no automated email informing me of the adjustment caused me to overlook what was done.