Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] LEGO Minecraft in stock at [email protected]

Comments

• cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited October 2012
    I've got my fingers crossed. My set is via SmartPost too. I think SmartPost is like Parcel Post except FedEx ships the item(s) most of the way. USPS just does the final delivery. Actual tire tracks. Good gravy! Now you have a great (you know what I mean) story to tell for years to come!

My experience with LEGO is that they took care of my damaged in shipment issues. They should pay return postage of the busted item and send you a replacement on their dime. Course, you may have to wait if they are out of Minecraft.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    @Farmer_John - I'm surprised to hear of your problems with USPS. I've tried both FedEx and UPS before, and they always manage to screw something or another up (and at a much greater cost). With one exception on a package to Australia, USPS has performed beautifully for me.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654

I contacted TLG and they came through (like they always do). Just wish more people would quit using USPS. Perhaps they would go out of business and open shipping up to some real competition. Whenever I ship USPS Priority from TN to TX, it always takes a minimum of a week to arrive at the other end. They don't deserve to be in business...

^ Lol, as if no business would mean anything. They would still keep it open.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    It may just be our location, but FEDEX is the best, then UPS, then pony express, then USPS (and that's being charitable to USPS).

@gmpirate - I agree...
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    LOL that is the worst I've ever seen. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. :). What does the guy dropping it off think at that point??
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Ive never had a problem with USPS and I've shipped hundreds and hundreds of packages. You had a bad experience. It happens. The entire organization isn't terrible.
    y2joshBuriedinBricksTitus
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited October 2012
    @Bandit - I'm not upset about it...it's just a lego set. :-) But it is crazy that an organization that's job it is to deliver packages actually runs over a box. Actually, I had another box delivered with this box and it was also crushed. USPS was two for two today...

Just tried to build the Minecraft with the pieces in the open box and using extra pieces I have on hand and am only missing two 1x1 blue flat squares. I expect they are on the floor of the USPS truck (or in our yard).

@pharmjod - I have seldom not had a problem with USPS and I've received hundreds and hundreds of packages, so I can conclude that you have never shipped a package to me. ;-)

In fact, the example I show is not the worst. I had a Lego set arrive and the shipping box and set inside (a yellow cargo train) were completely torn in half...and then taped back up. It's like USPS put the box in a large shear and just cut it in half. What always amazes me is when they bring it to the door like there's absolutely nothing wrong. No apologies, accepting blame, or even guilt...just that "you should just be happy that I only smashed your package, and didn't set it on fire too" look. Amazing they can stay in business...
    SquareSide
    pharmjod said:

Ive never had a problem with USPS and I've shipped hundreds and hundreds of packages. You had a bad experience. It happens. The entire organization isn't terrible.

I work with USPS every week shipping packages and also with the direct mail division. There are some very nice people there who I enjoy working with. Still, it's a government monopoly. Monopolies naturally become inefficient and unaccountable, let alone government monopolies. If it is a good organization let it compete on the open market like any other business.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I only deal with USPS for my shipping and have never had any problems or complaints from buyers on the other end. I primarily send only small parcels out, and I do realize bigger items are an entirely different story.

My biggest problem with something like UPS/FedEX is they don't really have budget options. If I sell a small item (under 13oz), it's probably going to cost me at least $10 to ship it using those services. With USPS, I can have that same package out the door for under $3 in most cases.

I've also had far more to complain about with FedEX than I ever have about the USPS. Example: I ordered a FB from [email protected] last spring to be delivered at my office. Our elevator happened to be out that day, We're on the 4th floor and the stairs are right next to the elevator. UPS and USPS carried our deliveries up that day. FedEX left my set sitting at the coffee shop next door and just put a label on the front door of our building, meaning anyone could have grabbed that while walking by and gone next door to claim the box.

Bottom line: no shipping service is perfect. It varies by region, but assume all of them have incompetent morons working for them in at least some areas.
    iccarus said:

Bottom line: no shipping service is perfect. It varies by region, but assume all of them have incompetent morons working for them in at least some areas.

I agree...I just happen to live in an area where the USPS is very bad. UPS isn't too much better though. Fedex is the best option (at least the packages generally arrive in uncrushed condition,
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    ^ No offence, but that sounds like a reflection of the quality of general workforce in your area.
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    I'm curious.. Does EU get minecraft stock like US does now?
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    BAck on topic (sort of). It is back in stock at Amazon
    Titus
    Dang, still can't order. Its been four days now.
    In stock go go go.
    edited October 2012

^ No offence, but that sounds like a reflection of the quality of general workforce in your area.

Could be (I'm a transplant); however, I have lived in other areas and I think (in general) there is an "entitlement" mentality among civil government workers. Basically, the "we are the only game in town, so tough" attitude, which I think is coming home to roost. Real competition always weeds out the slackers, which is a big reason why USPS is perpetually on the verge of bankruptcy.
    My Minecraft set just arrived. No tire tracks! :-) It made it safely.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Ok. just ordered one from Amazon. I'll open it and see how it goes. For the builders, you can either get more Minecraft sets or it you can't due to demand, you can order additional pieces from Bricklink at around the same price as buying the sets. This may be better than I thought.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    BTW, I'm guessing you couldn't change the quantity that it's one per customer?
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Sold out in Canada again. Hopefully the stock will replenish soon enough.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Just got my package. Perfect condition. The box is unbelievably small, but it's really cool. I almost want to keep it!
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,078

It may just be our location, but FEDEX is the best, then UPS, then pony express, then USPS (and that's being charitable to USPS).

My exact best-of-the-best shippers as you stated. Sure, I've received a bad shipment from Fedex before, but nothing compares to the terrible service from USPS.

I once applied for a job at USPS...but was told I was overqualified. They said, "I passed the test."
  • TitusTitus Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2012
    Dude, we get it. Govt workers are evil . Your tax dollars being wasted blah blah blah blah. Give it a freaking rest.

Could be (I'm a transplant); however, I have lived in other areas and I think (in general) there is an "entitlement" mentality among civil government workers. Basically, the "we are the only game in town, so tough" attitude, which I think is coming home to roost. Real competition always weeds out the slackers, which is a big reason why USPS is perpetually on the verge of bankruptcy.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    edited October 2012

Actually the USPS is profitable, averaging over $1billion in profits every year for the past 5 years. The only reason they are close to bankruptcy is due to Bush's 2006 mandate that they prefund healthcare costs for future workers not even born yet over 10 years. I think such a mandate would bankrupt most companies in existence.

^ Great! Let's end the monopoly.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    gmpirate said:

^ Great! Let's end the monopoly.

Just imagine, two private postal services competing for business. :)

Gets my mind turning, just thinking about the possibilities! :)

Actually the USPS is profitable, averaging over $1billion in profits every year for the past 5 years. The only reason they are close to bankruptcy is due to Bush's 2006 mandate that they prefund healthcare costs for future workers not even born yet over 10 years. I think such a mandate would bankrupt most companies in existence.

Actually, not true. Since April, the USPS has lost over $50 million a day. It lost $5.2 billion between April and June alone, over $2 billion of which is not attributable to the healthcare debacle, and is on track to lose over $15 billion this fiscal year.
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    tk79 said:

^^^That tire track is straight out of a cartoon...wonder if Wile E Coyote was driving that truck.

ahahaha, hilarious, I can't breathe. I'm dying here.

Sorry to the guy who got his package like that tho, just terrible.

• SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170

In fact, the example I show is not the worst. I had a Lego set arrive and the shipping box and set inside (a yellow cargo train) were completely torn in half...and then taped back up. It's like USPS put the box in a large shear and just cut it in half. What always amazes me is when they bring it to the door like there's absolutely nothing wrong. No apologies, accepting blame, or even guilt...just that "you should just be happy that I only smashed your package, and didn't set it on fire too" look. Amazing they can stay in business...

Still can't breathe! lol, & sorry again.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    What was that about Minecraft?
    LegoFanTexas
    It seems as if we've been "Creeping" off topic :P
    LegoFanTexasLegobrandonCP
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    :-)
    LegoFanTexas
    edited October 2012
    My apologies for offending your governmental sensibilities @Titus. Oh yeah... :-)
    Got my other set from Lego, both shipped without a scratch.
    Sorry to double post, but two packages arrives today. I thought one was for my parents, so I left it for them to open it. Hours later, I wondered why they hadn't opened it. I shook it, and it turned out they aknowledged my second order on my second account. I decided, as a birthday treat, to keep it. I will post my thoughts later tonight.
    And to triple (feel free to edit and merge, mods)
    This is one of those sets that are priced because of the piece count, not the size like many lisensed sets. It's small, and the "micro mobs" are misproportionate (bigger) to their surroundings. The set, however, is full of excellent pieces, and a TON of extra pieces for customization. I really can't say how good it is compared to the actual game since I've never really played it, but one thing is for sure, it will always be displayed with its box.
    *Bump*

May I start by making the point that the previous three posts were from over a month ago. :oP

Now, I have to ask. Is it possible that Amazon will be getting more stock in? Also, is it possible to "watch" an Amazon product? I REALLY don't want to miss out on another pile of stock.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I have it in my wish list and check it once a day. Not sure how else to really keep an eye on it, especially with how fast it sells out.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    edited November 2012
    I am sure we will see people posting here when/if it comes back in stock, but I would not expect it to be in stock for very long. I set up "that dromedary site" to email me when back in stock, but there is a delay there between when a condition is met and I get an email...hopefully it will suffice.

edited by rocao - removed affiliate reference
    Note if I go to the UK version of LEGO [email protected], it says out of stock, expected ship date 12/12/12.
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    My local B&M Lego store has Minecraft in stock, but they require payment over the phone as they're flying off the shelves!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    *wipes brow* Pffeww I sold my last set last week. I'm pretty happy I sold high on these.
    I do intend to stock up on them during the resupply. They may not reach the high they are at now (but who knows?), but I would expect them to sell out very quickly and climb again...at least double RRP.
    Just sold all mine this week :)

Was trying to delay the income till next year but figured it was getting risky.
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 453
    All 60 of mine sold this week as well! They are on back order in the uk with a delivery date of 28th December. God bless international postage! Lots of Australians are gonna be happy in a few days!
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    When it does come back, I hope I don't miss it...
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @jasonord69a sixty? O_o wow

All 60 of mine sold this week as well! They are on back order in the uk with a delivery date of 28th December. God bless international postage! Lots of Australians are gonna be happy in a few days!

Wow, nice score you got there. Congrats!
    ^ Yup, I don't even see how a person could get 60 of them. I think got 20, at the most. 5 here, 5 there, a couple more here and there, then mostly one at a time when I could snag one.