starfire2: Hey it's me, Starfire2

starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,300
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hey it's me Starfire2 (Theresa to the rest of human kind). I started getting/ building Lego when I was 14. I don't remember how I got my first set but I know it was a pirate set. I mostly built and collected pirate, castle, and city Lego. When I was 18, I had my first child so the Legos went away until he was 5. I love my son dearly but I think it wad a huge mistake giving him those sets when he was that young. He was too young to appreciate them. Some of the pieces were sucked into the vacuum, while others were chewed on like a dog. I didn't get back into collecting Lego again for myself until about 3 years ago. I saw some Star Wars sets that I thought were awesome. I also had the modular buildings (cafe corner, green grocer, emporium) but I am more into Star Wars, so I sold the modulars to further my Star Wars obsession. All three of my boys have and love Lego. I even got my husband to come over to the dark side!

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    As they say: the family that plays together, stays together :)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    Welcome on board starfire2! My daughters (now 16 and 18) were never much into regular LEGO but when they were we kept theirs separate to mine to avoid that sort of problem.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,300
    I keep mine seperate from theirs as well. Sometimes I will get a set just for the figures and give my 2 oldest what is left. My oldest likes to build his own creations. I am more into building the sets as per the instructions. I think I like the mini figures and accessories the best.