Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[UK] Selling my Cuusoo #21100 Japan only limited edition on eBay!

Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
edited September 2012 in Marketplace
Decided I need to clear out some of my sets to make room and funds for new ones, so to get the ball rolling I'm reluctantly selling my CUUSOO #21100 set, the Shinkai 6500 Submarine. This was LEGO CUUSOO set #001 as it says on the box!

Listed on eBay with 99p starting price with no reserve (eek, this had better not sell for 99p!)
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120992035756

Comments

• bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    edited September 2012
    I am so bidding for that, it goes for around £80 on Bricklink.

Hopefully can grab a bargain :-)
  • Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
    edited September 2012
    Good luck bricksan!

I thought it might make a nice early Christmas present for someone. ;)

There are quite a few more sets to follow, but nothing quite so *interesting* as that one.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Not sure I can wait 10 days though. ;-)
    It looks like I didn't need to worry about the 99p starting price! ;-)
    I've listed one of those LEGO tote bags too. Currently the cheapest on eBay.

[ I'm not doing very well at letting go of other sets yet ;) Must try harder! ]
    Now I've decided to sell it, I've found myself reading up on it and discovered this blog page including what are described as 'Three World Firsts'...

"There are three world firsts in the LEGO® Shinkai 6500:
    1. It is the first product born from the LEGO® CUUSOO Web site.

2. It was created after a regular Japanese user posted the idea and it was voted on by consumers.
    (Regular products are developed in LEGO based on consumer data.)

3. It comes with an explanatory pamphlet explaining the product package, development background, JAMSTEC, the Shinkai 6500, submarines, undersea life and product development background in Japanese.
    (Regular LEGO® products only come with English-language instructions.)"

Source: http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/there-are-three-world-firsts-in-the-lego-shin
    I've added promo TC-14 and Hulk Minifigures and the Lego City 7684 Pig Farmer & Tractor set to my eBay listings. At the time of writing they are each the cheapest Buy It Now listings including shipping.

Here is the link to the Hulk: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120995703263 if you are interested in any of the others please click 'See other items' on that page. Thanks.
    Only 2 hours to go on the Cuusoo #21100 set and it is currently still at a complete bargain price!

I've also added 30080 poly, the Ninjago Glider to my listings. At £3.95 it is the cheapest Buy It Now listing including postage at the time of writing on eBay UK.
    edited October 2012
    10 days ago I was wishing for those 10 days to hurry up. Now, just 2 hours. :-)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,233
    So who won the auction ?
  • Mad_DogMad_Dog SpainMember Posts: 71
    edited October 2012
    Me... :-D

I am sorry for all those that could not get it, but I can tell that this will be exposed in a nice place at home.

Rgrds
    Congratulations - post a pic on here when you've built it !
    Sure will do, I am still in Costa Rica in a business trip, nearly 2 months here, but I will be back next week, to be honest I am tired of being here for so long, but work is like this sometimes.

Rgrds
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    Congrats. Sorry to say I was one of the ones boosting the price - but I was out after £75... too rich for me. - I was the highest bidder until about 15 seconds before the end - then it shot up.
    edited October 2012
    ^ I was highest bidder from last week right up until you knocked me off. I went back in at £92 or so, but clearly there were a couple ahead of me - @Mad_Dog being one of them. Wonder who the other was?

Congrats @Mad_Dog.
    Not me I stopped earlier as I know you can obtain for less on Bricklink, still want to get one of these at some point.
    bricksan said:

Not me I stopped earlier as I know you can obtain for less on Bricklink

Good luck with that.... Cheapest boxed example on Bricklink is around £92 and you'll have to pay for shipping from Hong Kong plus import duty which should add another £20 to £30 on top... If you're happy to do without a box and instructions you'll still have to cough up almost £70 plus shipping and import duty from the U.S.

On this basis £99 isn't excessive....

Must have gone up since last time I looked then ?!

I checked when the auction was first listed and prices were I think pretty much as they are now, so you must have looked a while back. I guess we can but hope that more will be listed at the lower end of the scale at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    For me this is fast becoming one that's got away. Limited production run and sale location have driven it to a price that in my opinion is beyond the sets worth. From memory the cheapest I ever saw on BL was £60ish plus postage and import fees. Should have bought but didn't.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    kevbags said:

For me this is fast becoming one that's got away. Limited production run and sale location have driven it to a price that in my opinion is beyond the sets worth.

Me too. You can bricklink it for about £15-20 without stickers, box and manual. And that includes the orange tail piece.

I can understand why set collectors might want a boxed set, but based on the contents I wouldn't pay that.
    Hi, I also checked BL and the price was more or less in the range, but adding p&p plus possible customs made this one better.

About BLing, I also checked, but I really liked the whole set, the manual is nice, so I went for it, I had a budget and if anyone would had gone over my ceiling I was off (I do this so I do not fall into a tornado biddding), of course last second bidding also helps. sorry.

Rgrds
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    There were only 10,000 of these sets produced I think, although I wouldn't have wanted to pay £100 for it personally, I fear we may look back and consider this a bargain price in the years to come.
    atkinsar said:

There were only 10,000 of these sets produced I think, although I wouldn't have wanted to pay £100 for it personally, I fear we may look back and consider this a bargain price in the years to come.

Maybe, or maybe not, I always liked submarines, so it was another motivation to get it, but it is always difficult to know which way a price will go, I do not believe it will skyrocket (MF style), I think it may rise a bit and be there, not many people like it (it is a bit weird of a set, to be true), of course the limited production may also make it go high, but as said it is cheap & easy to BL, only the tail and that may be built with nromal bricks if you really want it.

Rgrds
    Well, the box arrived 3 days ago and I picked it up today from the Post Office.

Perfect packaging @Cam_n_Stu, no damage, no issues, perfect transaction.

Now I have to find a place and time for buiding it.

Rgrds
    edited October 2012
    Hi, I'm glad it arrived OK. I had hoped the double boxing would protect it!

Thanks for the transaction, it was a pleasure dealing with you @Mad_Dog

Now I really need to get around to listing some more sets! ;)
    OK, at last I got some free time to build it, attached you will find a few pictures (it is on the dining room table, still not sure about show place)

Rgrds
    AnseltheCat
    Nice, I really like the tail section with the 'vents'!
    God damn it......close the thread.......please!!!?. :-) It's like, "Here's what you could've won" every time it gets bumped.
    Haha, that made me laugh out loud. Sorry Legoboy!

It is probably a good suggestion to close it now though.
    Legoboy
    ^ Lol
    Legoboy said:

God damn it......close the thread.......please!!!?. :-) It's like, "Here's what you could've won" every time it gets bumped.

Sorry, it was not my intention, as @drdavewatford asked for pictures I just thought it was a good idea.

By the way, "Here's what you could've won" ;-)

Rgrds
    Cam_n_Stu
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy