Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

K-Mart 50% off Clearance Prices Again

DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
edited October 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I believe this started yesterday? For those who have K-Marts anywhere near them.

One item I picked up was the Batman/Catwoman set, priced at $6. When I got to the register, I realized the box had been opened and re-taped. I asked if I could open it before buying, make sure the pieces where in there. The cashier was a butt, told me I could open it AFTER I bought it. I took a chance, opened it in the car, and inside was bags 2 & 3 of the Republic Striker Starfighter. I'm not really into Star Wars, so good for parts I guess. I wonder if someone stuffed bag 1 into another box?

Comments

• malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I did not find many Lego sets left with the clearance. As well, the set that I really wanted was still at full price. They will not price match the website unfortunately.
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    $17 for the Apple Tree House #5891 was really good but sold out....
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    My KMart was well stocked with LEGO, but the only thing on clearance was the Minotaur and Herioica games ($12 and $6.50 respectfully). Maybe they will mark something clearance later in the week that is not currently?
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    In central VA, I picked up the Hulk Breakout set for $23.50, City Marina for $18.50, the Batman/Catwoman and Captain America packs for $6 each, and an X-Wing for $28.50.

I've seen folks here mention this... looks like the "clearance" prices were just a bit below retail, probably in anticipation of this clearance.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    ^Yes, but 50% off of a bit below rrp is still much less than rrp ;)
    I was lucky enough to pick up 8 batman-catwoman sets for $6 (all they had), a few UFO defender ($4.5), and a few tripod invader ($9).
    The X-Wings were not part of clearance in my K-mart though
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I picked up the following:

7 x Batman/Catwoman ($5)
    2 x Quiddich Practice ($9)
    4 X Alien Defender ($3.50)
    3 x Tripod Invader ($9)

Anybody have anything good to trade?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,593
    edited October 2012
    None of the Super Heros line was discounted but I did manage to get 2 #4866 Knight Buses for 50% off.
  • MarkVMarkV Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2012
    emilewski said:

My KMart was well stocked with LEGO, but the only thing on clearance was the Minotaur and Herioica games ($12 and $6.50 respectfully). Maybe they will mark something clearance later in the week that is not currently?

They were putting new stuff into clearance today (Monday) as I was there (over about an hour's time). I waited a bit to see what might show up. Got a Destiny's Bounty for $38. Because of waiting since I thought they might put more out, scored two more Destiny's Bounty in an adjacent aisle where someone had hidden them. Got the feeling they (Kmart) were holding out on me since it was clear I was cleaning out the Lego (Hey, I left Spongebob and some other stuff!). They had incorrect prices at the register, so I will likely go back for another check later this week.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    Don't forget that for every $50 you spend you can get a $5 gift card.

We found:
    Batwoman/Catwoman $5
    Ninjago Chopov $2.50
    Harry Potter Hogwarts Game $14
    X-Wing Fighter $27
    TIE Fighter $24
    Friends Dog Show $9
    Racers $4.50
    Fire Plane $27
    Heavy-Duty Helicopter $25
    Ninjago Jay ZX $2
    Ninjago Jay's Storm Fighter $12
    Ninjago Rattlecopter $12
    Pirate Plank $6.50
    Dino Ambush $5.50
    Dino Tower Takedown $9.50
    I checked the one store left by me (central VA) again tonight and found 2x TIE Fighters (9492) for $28, the Harry Potter game for $14, and Jays Storm Fighter for $12. If they don't put out more stock, I'm done.
    Maybe
    I made the mistake of going to a different Kmart which had less items on clearance. On the bright side, I was able to score a couple of Ninjago board games for $13.50. I did not see any X-wing or tie fighter on clearance at either store.

I need to make another visit to see if either one has restocked the clearance aisles.
    Hmm, when I spent $260 (egads!), I only received a single $5 gift card...
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 735
    I bought a bunch....maybe too much. Here's what I found:

1 4737 Harry Potter Quiddich $9
    2 7915 Imperial Shuttler $7.50ea
    1 7930 Bounty Hunter
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 735
    Sorry...somehow I posted in the middle of typing

1 7930 SW Bounty Hunter $18.50
    12 3931 -3934 Friends Oliva/Mia/Emma $3.50ea
    8 6858 Catwoman Catcyle $6ea
    6 6865 SuperHeroess Captain America Cycle $6ea
    2 9443 Ninjago Rattlecopper $14ea
    2 9444 Ninjago Coles Tread Assault $16ea
    2 9442 Ninjago Jays Storm Fighter $12ea
    1 6863 SuperHeroes Battle over Gotham City $16
    2 6864 SuperHeroes Batmobile & Two Face Chase $22
    2 4527 SuperHeroes The Joker $3.75each
    1 3817 SpongeBob The Flying Dutchman $10
    2 3818 Bikini Bottom Undersea Party $22.50ea
    1 4209 City Fireplane $26ea
    2 4432 City Garbage Truck $8.50ea
    2 9492 Star Wars Tie Fighter $26ea
    2 9493 Star Wars X-Wing $25.50ea
    2 9694 Star Wars Naboo Starfighter $3.75ea
    2 9675 Star Wars Sebula $3.75ea
    2 9676 Star Wars Tie Interceptor $4.50ea
    1 Harry Potter Game $14
    2 Pirates Game $6.24ea
    2 7051 Aliens Tripod $7.50ea
    4 5882 Dino Attack $5.00ea

I know I've probably missed listing a few...but I haven't found time to get it out of the vehicle without the kids seeing. What I can't understand is some of the newer Star Wars is clearanced and stuff like Star Wars Ewok Attack, Geonsian Starfighter, and Sith Nightspeeder are still full price. I left a lot also.

• SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    Just got back from checking my Kmart in Billings Montana. They didn't have any LEGOs in their clearance areas. So I went ahead and scanned a great amount of sets at random, the scanner was only 10 feet away thank goodness. Scored the last Marina set for $22.50 and a Geonosian Fighter for $13.50(1 left now). They also had the Knight Bus(4 left) for $15.50 but I don't care for Harry Potter. I didn't scan the Catwomen Cycle or Captain America's Cycle tho so I might of missed on them. =/

But the X-Wing, Ewok, Sith Nightspeeder, BatWing, Batmobile, Spongebobs, & other City sets were still ringing up full price. I'm very happy that I came away with something at least, been wanting that Commander Cody mini fig for awhile now and I think the Marina set will go nice with my Creator Lighthouse. :D
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    Anyone been to one of the DC-area Kmarts?
  • ChoochChooch Member Posts: 148
    Just got back from the K-Marche' near me. Pretty picked clean - found a Hogwarts game for $14 & a Duplo set for the Granddaughter for $11
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    @MarkV - You had to break up the purchase into $50 groups and for each transaction you could get $5. So, you might have got $20-25, but would have had 4-5 transactions.

@MarkV - You had to break up the purchase into $50 groups and for each transaction you could get $5. So, you might have got $20-25, but would have had 4-5 transactions.

Yeah, that's what I figured when I read this thread. It took long enough just to check out because all the clearance prices were not in the system and they had to override almost every one of them. I would likely have been killed by the mob in line if I had asked for 4 separate transactions... maybe worth the risk for $15 more (would have been tough to get them all between $50 and $60 transactions to get $25 in gift cards).
    ^ There are gift cards associated with this deal ? Where can I see the information for this ? I may need to return to the store with my receipts to get the gift cards.
  • MilesMiles Member Posts: 51
    Nothing here on clearance in Eastern Washington. I was kinda surprised given the good deals I've been reading about, but even scanning several sets at random didn't turn up anything.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^^ I think it was in their flyer for this week.
  • Decroded77Decroded77 Member Posts: 40
    Nothing but some Star Wars planets left at my Kmart.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,122

I believe this started yesterday? For those who have K-Marts anywhere near them.

One item I picked up was the Batman/Catwoman set, priced at $6. When I got to the register, I realized the box had been opened and re-taped. I asked if I could open it before buying, make sure the pieces where in there. The cashier was a butt, told me I could open it AFTER I bought it. I took a chance, opened it in the car, and inside was bags 2 & 3 of the Republic Striker Starfighter. I'm not really into Star Wars, so good for parts I guess. I wonder if someone stuffed bag 1 into another box?

This is why I have a had time when I hear of these clearances... Many time Aholes are opening boxes, and then replacing the contents with other sets, and sealing them again.

In this case I am surprised that apparently KMart took back a box that was taped up, and put it back on a shelf.
    I don't think someone returned it like that...it's part of a $45 set crammed into the box of a $12 set. I'm usually good about checking the seals on taped boxes, but didn't think to check this because it was one of the "punch" tab boxes. I think more likely someone was trying to get parts for a bargain.

As far as being surprised by what K-mart would take back and put on the shelf, the K-marts must be MUCH nicer where you live, the employees are well trained and knowledgable, and they all ride a unicorn to work. :)

In this case I am surprised that apparently KMart took back a box that was taped up, and put it back on a shelf.
    Based on my visits to 3 Kmarts, it would not surprise me that their employees did not check the boxes properly before accepting them for returns. They all look dead tired