Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Expired: Walmart.com: Super Star Destroyer, Ultimate R2-D2, Death Star reduced!

Comments

• lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    Also decided on the town hall. At $150 plus $15 back via discover, I couldn't resist.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    edited October 2012
    FB went out of stock while I had it in my cart.

Why can't the sale items be found on search? Can someone post the links for TH and TB? Or reveal the trick to get the search results?

Thanks!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^ Yea, can't find any results for the TH.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    By the way, TH now OOS.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Tower bridge still in stock here http://www.walmart.com/ip/17353274
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Thanks for the link! Snapped some up before they disappeared again. Did you have it bookmarked? Still can't figure out why search isn't finding these...
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    edited October 2012
    Was the passenger train ever back in stock? I want to use the power functions from that set for the Horizon Express.
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    If you can't find it in search, just google "walmart tower bridge" or whatever the set is for a direct link
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    Hopefully this is new stock and not just the returned shipped items that were abused!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Lots of prices seem to be going back up to regular MSRP at Wal-Mart, including R2D2, SSD, MMV, etc.
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 82
    I just bought two grand emporiums and now seems to be out of stock again.

Anyone wonder if the ones coming back in stock are due to people returning the poorly packaged sets?

I hope this is not the case.
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    MMV just dropped to $90 on Amazon
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    Amazon just price matched TB for $178.55!! I finally picked one up :-)
    ^ Just noticed that too :) Let's hope Joust is next :)
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for the heads-up! Just ordered TB from Amazon- I've been waiting on a good deal on that for a while. Had $25 gift credit there, so total was only $168 (after tax). Woohoo!

I probably should have purchased as many as they would let me, but since this set may still be around for a while, I unfortunately don't have the space in our 2-br condo to store a bunch of these. Bummer!
    Diagon Alley is now matched on Amazon
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    absolut3 said:

Anyone wonder if the ones coming back in stock are due to people returning the poorly packaged sets?

Due to the extremely random restockings, that is exactly what I expect is happening. Good luck folks, hope box condition isn't important to you.

My latest (and last) Walmart order is passing through Hurricane, UT. I hope it is not a premonition about the box shape ;-)
    As for now, I will only monitor Walmart sales to see Amazon matching... looks like they matched most of the sets at one point or the other
    TB is back up in price at Amazon now. That was a pretty short window.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,511
    edited October 2012

MMV is $90, first time I see any discount on it...

Who would want to buy from WM after seeing how they ship these things? That is, unless you don't care about the box.

I think it's just the luck of the draw here...I ordered about 15 sets and only 1 of them had significant damage, all were in proper shipping boxes.

Just wait until Amazon inevitably drops their prices on many of these sets.. which they are doing right now.

Scooped 12 Diagon Alleys. Use your discover card for an additional 10% off (5% shopdiscover and 5% additional online cashback bonus up to $1500). Brings the total to $113.39 for each set. I chose ship to store in case a better deal pops up or the boxes are delivered trashed.

Does not mean anything if the boxes show up without shipping boxes, unless you only want the parts.. Or are you playing the averages that some boxes may survive the shipping and some may not?

Amazon just price matched TB for $178.55!! I finally picked one up :-)

I was debating to get a TW, and finally pulled the trigger at Amazon.com.. then it updated the count.. got one with only 3 remaining

• doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337

Scooped 12 Diagon Alleys. Use your discover card for an additional 10% off (5% shopdiscover and 5% additional online cashback bonus up to $1500). Brings the total to $113.39 for each set. I chose ship to store in case a better deal pops up or the boxes are delivered trashed.

Does not mean anything if the boxes show up without shipping boxes, unless you only want the parts.. Or are you playing the averages that some boxes may survive the shipping and some may not?

I am assuming 2 DA's will be shipped to my Walmart store in the Lego shipping carton thus eliminating the possibility of damage. Only time will tell tho. If they end up trashed then I will stock up from S&H on 10/15.

^--- AHh, that is a good assumption and makes sense if they are paired up... forgot about that.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited October 2012
    sigh... I wish this happened two weeks ago before Amazon started collecting CA state sales tax. (cue the comments that excise taxes would still be paid. I actually do declare some on my income tax return, but sometimes, you know, I miscalculate)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    meyerc13 said:

absolut3 said:

Due to the extremely random restockings, that is exactly what I expect is happening. Good luck folks, hope box condition isn't important to you.
    I highly doubt this is the case. I assume, but I think rightfully, that most people would return to a B&M store and not send it back to the warehouse. Even if they were being sent back to the warehouse, and if (big IF) Walmart somehow thought it was ok to resell damaged product, they would not update their sellable inventory until they have at least received and processed it.

edited October 2012
    ^Yeah, I wish the same thing- Amazon was much more appealing when tax-free. The price of the TB for CA residents was about $193 after tax, about 20% off of the $240 MSRP (even excluding tax you would have had to pay on the MSRP price). A fantastic deal if you ask me, and by far the cheapest it's ever been on Amazon. Very happy customer here.
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    ordered Diagon Alley from amazon at the 125.99 price... good find everyone!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Amazon briefly price matched Diagon Alley earlier today. Went ahead and ordered from them, as I don't want to miss this set.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    rocao said:

I highly doubt this is the case. I assume, but I think rightfully, that most people would return to a B&M store and not send it back to the warehouse. Even if they were being sent back to the warehouse, and if (big IF) Walmart somehow thought it was ok to resell damaged product, they would not update their sellable inventory until they have at least received and processed it.

They have no way to sell these in the store, and the stores have virtually no store room, so anything like this returned in the store is put on the next truck and shipped back. Wal Mart stores get trucks pretty much every day, which is why they can do the site to store so quickly and inexpensively. It wouldn't surprise me that they could redirect an item returned in one store and deliver it to another store without it making its way all the way back to the fulfillment center, their logistics are some of the best in the world, right up there with the big shipping companies like FedEx and UPS. Time will tell, but I suspect these are due to cancelled or returned orders. It's possible that they were expecting a restock on some of the items, but with all the talk about people returning the item at the site to store desk, it's also quite possible that some of these are back in the system for sale again.
    ^ all my site2store items were done by fedex with a regular fedex tracking number, would have cost the same thing if it was my address instead of the walmart... site2store also ships free to fedex stores not just walmart stores
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    My site-to-store items also shipped UPS right to the store, so they didn't come on the Walmart trucks.

Note: what it DOES save is the residental delivery fee that both UPS and FedEx charge, and they charge it even to Walmart (abit they get a discount).

Also, keep in mind that part of the reason of site-to-store isn't to save on shipping, it is to get you to come into the stores and buy stuff. :)
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    ^Which often works quite nicely. When I picked up a BP on sale back in February I proceeded to pick up a QAR that was on clearance.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    edited October 2012
    If anyone's still after TH, its back it stock at Walmart for ~$149.
    Just looked at the TH and noticed that Shuttle Expedition is $78 (22% off msrp). http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Shuttle-Expedition/17353279
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited October 2012
    ^ Nice, it went down a couple of bucks. Just need Amazon to match (and get some in stock).
  • CrazyaddictCrazyaddict Member Posts: 35
    ^ and ^^ i submitted a lower price found report to amazon and amazon already price matched TH. $148.79. get it now! 17 left!
    :)

Nice, that is a great price on that set... Shame it will be... forever before it retires... and I already own one... hmm, do I buy a second one?
  • luisav70luisav70 Member Posts: 6
    Amazon just price matched Town Hall. Just a few left.
    All gone... That really is a smoking deal... 25% off modulars does not come around very often...
    Yeah, I picked one TH up at Amazon at the price match (around 150). I know that they will be out for a while, but who knows how many sales will get these better than this.. I guess if there is a B2G1F at TRU, but who knows if that will happen and if you can get three at the time...
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Just got the last one. Woot, I was waiting for amazon to price match all day...
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ WM is now out of the shuttle. I doubt Amazon will match, looks like they are being sold by a 3rd party.
    Yellow cargo train is at amazon for $133.91. That's a 26% discount!!
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ Yup awesome deal. A lot of great deals recently. I wonder what is driving it? Making room for Christmas inventory?

That price for the #7939 is the lowest ever for Amazon. Makes me think they are clearing them out. I would get a couple, but I have my eyes on some other sets and BF. Plus, I have the 7939. Someone is gonna get a great deal!
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I bought 2 at that price at Walmart which I need to pick up. Hoping they are in good condition. If not I will return them and hope that Amazon still has them in stock.
    cloaked7 said:

^ Yup awesome deal. A lot of great deals recently. I wonder what is driving it? Making room for Christmas inventory?!

Perhaps... But Amazon has a ton of warehouse space out in the middle of no-where, so you'd think they wouldn't have to blow out Lego sets to make room.

But maybe so, for all we know, they have an entire container ship of Lego arriving any day now for Christmas and they need the older stuff gone to make room.
    cloaked7 said:

That price for the #7939 is the lowest ever for Amazon. Makes me think they are clearing them out. I would get a couple, but I have my eyes on some other sets and BF. Plus, I have the 7939. Someone is gonna get a great deal!

Yes, but it was also about that price a week ago, I picked up 2 more at that price then, then just bought 2 more just now.

Given the content of Yellow Cargo train, this will be a classic when it retires, it has a TON of track, all the power functions, and a great train.