Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

3920-1: LEGO GAME The Hobbit - Pictures

bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 713
edited September 2012 in Collecting
I don't think its a secret any more so here are some photos of the new game #3920. Apologies for the phone camera quality. At least they are straight unlike the photo from the news page. There is no pictures showing it built as I had no time to build it and play it.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    edited September 2012
    Seems very bad value for money, even compared to other games. I'll wait for 70% off. Shame about Gandalf's hat. The brim doesn't match the tooth / top.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,426
    CCC said:

Seems very bad value for money, even compared to other games. I'll wait for 70% off. Shame about Gandalf's hat. The brim doesn't match the tooth / top.

It's the same price point as the Battle for Hoth and Hogwarts game, so I guess that's the price you pay for licensing.

I've said it before, but I'm surprised they've just slapped the theme onto what seems like a memory game rather than making something more thematic.

That said, there are some nice pieces (Microfigs, inverted 2x2 tiles) but not enough to justify the price.

Thanks for sharing.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    ^ Yeah the inverted tiles are nice. But at $35 (£25?) this is way too expensive. Even at £16 (Amazon Hoth price) I'd leave it. At least with the Battle of Hoth you get a lot of microfigs, which are useful for microscale spaceships.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Are there any tan inverted tiles without prints on them?
  • bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 713
    no. all printed
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    These are available in Argos, 1 in each of my local stores.
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    "The player that finds the most dwarves wins the game." LOL
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Here's one of the pages from the instruction book, showing some of the dwarves as minifigs. Pearl gold key too. :P

Also mentions the following web address, which doesn't have much right now:
    http://lego.com/thehobbit