Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Toys R Us Stars Wars Lego sale

ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
edited September 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
TRS has some SW Lego sets on Sale. Most notably would be 10188 (Death Star) and 10221 (Super Star Destroyer) at $360.00 (10% off) . There is also a second promotion that takes 15% off regularly priced items over $100.00.

Comments

• nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    Thanks for the heads up. There must be some exclusions for Lego, even for regularly-priced items. I've tried checking out with both the Black Pearl and the 4x4 Crawler (not to actually buy, just to test it out), and the 15% off does not apply for either one. Both are regularly priced. I tried clicking the 15% off banner, but that didn't yield any details regarding the sale. Oh well.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Yes, the 15% does explicitly list LEGO in the exclusions. Even for regular priced items.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 1,006
    $7.69 for the planet sets is not bad if you do not have them yet, they could get hard to find after Christmas.
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    In response to the TRU sale, it looks like Amazon has done a 10% price drop on the Death Star and SSD.
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    And I now own a Death Star, thanks to Amazon. Thank Christ for their 6 month interest free financing.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ is that through Prime?
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    :) Amazon just ran out of stock of 10188... Amazing what 10% off does, this set was selling a few copies a day prior to the sale, in 24 hours over 300 copies sold at 10% off.

We sure love our "deals", don't we? :)
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    gmpirate said:

^ is that through Prime?

No, I actually have the Amazon Store Card (basically their credit card like a target card) It interest free finances purchases based on total (so the DS was 6 months since it was over 150, if its over 500 its 12 months and i think 24 over a grand) It's really good, but if you miss a payment the interest on it is a killer, 25.99% APR I think. I keep mine pretty well paid down but its just nice to be able to pay 120 a month for 3 months rather then drop 360 at once.
    FYI, for the Star Wars sets which are "30% off", they are now truly 30% off MSRP. The 30% off code (955146) is stacking with the sale price of those sets (today anyway).

I believe these are the sets:
    #7879 Hoth Echo Base
    #9495 Gold Leader Y-Wing
    #9491 Geonosian Cannon
    #9488 Clone Trooper and Commando Battle Pack
    Series 1 Planets
    Thanks, that did work on Hoth Echo Base.

Sadly, it only works once per TRU account. :)
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    sweet! ordered 2 of them. thanks!
  • atxleeatxlee Member Posts: 155
    sidersdd said:

FYI, for the Star Wars sets which are "30% off", they are now truly 30% off MSRP. The 30% off code (955146) is stacking with the sale price of those sets (today anyway).

I believe these are the sets:
    #7879 Hoth Echo Base
    #9495 Gold Leader Y-Wing
    #9491 Geonosian Cannon
    #9488 Clone Trooper and Commando Battle Pack
    Series 1 Planets

Thanks for the heads up. Scored a Y-Wing for $38.. Awesome!
    Yea, this is finally a sale worth being happy about.

Also, the Y-Wing and Hoth Echo Base are TRU Exclusives, so you won't ever find them at a reasonable price anywhere else, unless Lego does a direct sale.
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    Got the Hoth Echo Base and Y-Wing for around the same prices thru TRU before. Great sets! Just to throw that out there for those on the fence.

And wow at the Death Star selling out that soon. Really a bargain at $40 off? idk >_> I guess they never go on sale pretty much...?
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 874
    Death Star was a particularly good bargain at Amazon because most people don't have to pay sales tax up front (and many will not pay at all because they won't report it on their tax returns). "Saves" an extra $20-30 depending on your jurisdiction.
  • TitusTitus Member Posts: 79
    I went to buy the death star at Amazon just last night and was bummed to see it was sold out.

I've been patient, hoping to get a good discount on the DS but I was starting to feel like getting a DS at 20%+ off just wasn't going to happen, so I decided that 10%-off with no shipping costs and 'no tax' (~$25 extra) was a good enough deal. It looks like others had the same idea. Wish me luck on finding an equal or better deal before Christmas!
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    Am I the only one who cannot get the "enter a promotional code" to show up?? I can get to that point where it says those words and has the "+ show" button on the right. However no amount of clicking makes it give me a window to then enter the code. I've tried 2 different browsers on two different computers. I've never had this problem before. Frustrating...
    ^ Click on the link to change your payment option.
    Thanks #sidersdd !! That did it.
  • StillBuildingStillBuilding Member Posts: 23
    Thanks as well sidersdd!! I had the same problem with the promo code as turtle1171, changed payment option and that did it!
    Titus said:

I went to buy the death star at Amazon just last night and was bummed to see it was sold out.

If you or anyone else wants one for $360 including shipping within the US, I've got an open box (but new) Death Star that I'd do for that deal.

The outer retail box was opened, but the 4 inner white boxes are sealed, new as can be, just had one end opened at one point, then taped closed.

PM me if interested.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,524

Yea, this is finally a sale worth being happy about.

Also, the Y-Wing and Hoth Echo Base are TRU Exclusives, so you won't ever find them at a reasonable price anywhere else, unless Lego does a direct sale.

I have thoughts of 7754 bouncing around in my head when I see these hoth sets.
    I will probably get a few but not many..
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    What's the story with 7754?
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272

What's the story with 7754?

It sold new for $110. It was discontinued close to 18 months ago and NIB sets sell now for around $75. Maybe someone with more insight into this set can speculate why the resale value is so bad?

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    ^I think 7754 Mon Calamari Star Cruiser isn't popular because at a $110 price point I am expecting a better representation of the Home One ship. It should have been more like 10198 Tantive IV. Give me a ship with a playable interior. What we got instead was a small meeting type room, small hangar bay and small A wing. They could have slapped the words Yavin IV on front of the box and it would have almost been the same thing.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited September 2012
    ^ its, putting it simply, very unappealing (and I am a huge star wars fan). Would be a mile away from my pick for you re-sellers. As an example, literally every Star Wars set from this summer is way better.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    7754 was available in the UK as recently as April this year, and it's not a bad set IMO, just hideously overpriced. Plenty of rare minifigs and an A-wing. Should've been a £60 set.
    7754 was also offered by Lego at 50% off after it was EOLed, and it stayed there for awhile from what I understand. So a lot of those $75 copies were actually purchased at $55.
  • SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    I just got back into lego a few months ago and thought it looked like a pretty cool set. But I have a thing for A-Wings. Seeing it new for $110 is a shock tho so I could see why. Too bad I wasn't in to lego at the time or I prolly could of gotten a killer deal on it. Oh well.
    Yeah, I actually got my set for about $47 last year. It was part of one of TRU's sales. It's a great set (I believe) and has some enjoyable play features. However I definitely wouldn't have paid $110 for it. Of course, I very rarely ever pay regular price for Lego's. Great sites like this one has been a tremendous benefit.