Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For Greek Mythology Theme supporters - A CUUSOO project

StriderStrider Member Posts: 3
edited September 2012 in Everything else LEGO
Hi all, I know that quite a few of you would love to see Lego do a real Greek mythology set (especially myself). I started this CUUSOO project to try to the get the ball rolling. I tried to make proposal as much like an actual set that Lego might produce as possible (a reasonable size, a few minifigures, includes a vehicle, etc.) Please check it out and let me know what you think.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/24916

Comments

• canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 351
    The URL is bad. Should be http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/24916.

I'll definitely support the model. Looks really good.
  • StriderStrider Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for catching that - and for your support!
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,117
    Great Cuusoo project, legendary characters, plenty of expansion as a fully fledged theme for other sets - the "Olympus" theme? No license fees for Lego to cop for (unless the Greek government lays claim to all the Greek myths in an effort to get royalties to reduce it's deficit.
  • metri8metri8 Member Posts: 1
    Very nice! Backed.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Great work, but there is a whole Cuusoo thread. http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/108772/#Comment_108772
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,981
    I like this. I especially like that there is a female minifig. :-) I'll back it.
  • Short_RoundShort_Round Member Posts: 161
    Looks great.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,017
    I'd love there to be a greek and roman theme. There are already some cuusoo projects out there, legopolis, etc, but I don't recall them getting very many votes.

I'm not a fan of mixing scales in one set (and that is what cuusoo is for - standalone sets, not themes). The ship looks wrong next to the minifigs.
  • StriderStrider Member Posts: 3
    I can see how the boat looks like its a different scale, but it's intended to be a 2 minifig boat. Maybe a smaller sail would help?

I had this size of Lego boat in mind: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7016-1
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,536
    edited September 2012
    CCC said:

I'm not a fan of mixing scales in one set (and that is what cuusoo is for - standalone sets, not themes). The ship looks wrong next to the minifigs.

True the ship is somewhat downsized, but by the look of it, it would fit a minifig inside, and is prbably a more viable solution than having a full-scale warship in a mid-range set. Lego scale is all over the place anyway (and apple the size of a figs head, a spanner the size of an arm etc!).

I'd love to see a classic mythology theme, I just wonder how it would hold up to the younger demographic when given the option of Ninjago (brightly coloured Ninjas on giant vehicles) or classic greek warriors for example. TLG would need to add some real 'zing'.

Strider's design however is very nice, great use of parts and thought regarding medusa (the ability to hold the head is nice).

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,017
    Looking at the shape, I though you had something like this in mind.

I couldn't work out why there were only two oars and six shields. Didn't the greek heroes tend to travel in ships rather than little boats?

Details, but details are important if you want to gain large support.
  • citruscaesarcitruscaesar Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2012
    Firstly, the set looks awesome! I think the minifigs are great! I would love a Greek mythology theme. Lego have already released some cool CMFs like the Minotaur, so we can get an idea of what it may be like.

I'm impressed by the use of 3D printing to create custom Lego pieces. Perfect for Lego CUUSOO proposals!

In terms of the extra "zing" in such a theme that may make it more appealing against other themes like Ninjago... perhaps Lego could include some *epic, exaggerated* elements. Similar to how Ninjago has modern, mechanical things mixed in with traditional (or perhaps stereotypical) Japanese culture. This stance on Greek mythology is seen in things like the God of War line of video games.

This could be done via an "Adventurers" approach to the theme- modern explorers vs ancient evils. I wouldn't mind either way xD (as in it would also be cool to keep it historical).