Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

1978 Vintage Lego set unopened 1589-1

mirsmirs Member Posts: 5
edited September 2012 in Marketplace
Hey All,

Well after the above lego set was left sitting in a wardrobe and gatering dust for a year. Yep I decided to sell it on Ebay. Its listed at the moment. I thought as you gave me some great feedback on what to do with it. The least I could do is post some pictures of it.

Guess the forgotten Christmas present is getting sold now.:)

Comments

• EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    Good Luck man, If I had the cash I'd be all over that. :)
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    and I can't believe your will power. I'd be opening it and reliving the joys of the late 70's again :D well, late 70's in childhood fashion ;)

Do you have a link to the auction? Is that allowed? If so, I'm sure some of us might just sit and stare at the time tick away, drooling :)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,508
    edited September 2012
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    That was my most favourite set ever as a kid!! I waited weeks after saving the Weetabix tokens for it to come! Wow!!
  • mirsmirs Member Posts: 5
    Andhe, Yep that is the one. What is Marketplace.?

Just waiting to see what happens now.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,929
    ^ I doubt it will sell. A new seller with such a high price item, and with 50 Euro for shipping. It looks like a scam.
    Hi CCC,

I can assure you this is not a scam. I would really have had to plan it meticiously in order to post on this forum a year ago what I had found in my attic. And went on the advise and research to find out how rare the lego set was. Although I do realise as a new seller on Ebay it might be perceived as such.

Your more than welcome to view it in my house if you want.:)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,929
    I'm not saying it is a scam. I'm saying it looks like a scam. New user with no history selling a high price item - both indications of a scam.
  • JessyDooDahJessyDooDah UK Member Posts: 228
    If you are concerned about it looking like a scam, write your ebay user name on a piece of paper with the date, take a photo of it with the set, and add it to your photos.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    Dead jealous. It looks fantastic. I wish you luck @mirs. I'm surprise TLG haven't yet been in touch to snap it up for their museum. I really nice piece.
  • WeezyCupcakeWeezyCupcake Member Posts: 91
    The find the old LEGO sets interesting, I love many of then and think they are cool but theyb don't seem to have anywhere near the value of SW UCS, Modulars building sets etc dispite being 6X older then these more recent sets. Still no bids...hmmm
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,365
    Oh, there will be at least one bid before the end ;)
    Hi JessyDooDah,

Thanks for the tip. Just did that.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    Beautiful piece! Love the old LEGO shipping box with postage too. Adds a lot of character to the sale.
  • JpegJpeg Member Posts: 22
    A great find! You may have limited your potential market though given the set is listed in Collectables rather than Toys/ hobbies where Lego is usually found. Best of luck anyway.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

The find the old LEGO sets interesting, I love many of then and think they are cool but theyb don't seem to have anywhere near the value of SW UCS, Modulars building sets etc dispite being 6X older then these more recent sets. Still no bids...hmmm

Just because something is old doesn't make it expensive. Just watch Pawn Stars for plenty of good examples. ;)

But there may well be one person who wants that set, it does only take one.