Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    OK @Matthew this one should work - http://photobucket.com/HogwartsMOC
    Thanks
    matt
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Looking good.

^ I like how everybody has their own take on Hogwarts. Mine is totally different, and hopefully I can do a few hours tomorrow.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    edited September 2012
    We estimated 24 sold in the first hour at the Chandler, Arizona store. I had mine in that first hour, too!
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    richo said:

my lego status is total build inertia. A very large moc on the go, a new haunted house sitting there, several other sets I want to build also in a big queue and yet I can't seem to make a decision tonight and have done nothing.

I say MOC! And if you do build a set, make it one with pieces you need for MOCing ;O)
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    today's lego status = Drowning in quality Lego from 15 Grab Bags :)
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Today's status- wishing the US had an AFOL shopping day. Also lacking finds in order to support this super-hobby.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 315
    Wow with all the haunted houses selling, I was glad there was still one for me at the Tyson's corner Lego store. Building it today
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    ^ My store is pretty good about reserving them. I couldn't get out to the store until late in the afternoon so I called when they opened and they held it for me. They've done it several times before.
  • BELTRADBELTRAD Scotland, United KingdomMember Posts: 91
    Just finished up the QAR. Really quite impressed with it, first pirate ship I've had and actually enjoyed the build.
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    I've just popped the seals on my #10220 Camper. No numbered bags... arrrrgh... oldschool. Also asked Lego CS if I can order a spare set of stickers.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Going through my old Lego to search for pieces #6970 Beta 1 Command Base. Came up -5 on pieces for #487 Space Cruiser but built most of it anyway. Next up is #483 Alpha 1 Rocket Base.

I'm trying to find enough missing pieces to make a bricklink order. Those old space logos are going to be hard to come by.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Hit 3 stores yesterday on the drive to visit family. Got a few friends advents, 6 or 7 PAB cups mostly of stuff I'll need for my pirate ship MOC, got the AC tripod and copter sets for the half off price since I missed the copter online, got the rock band and monsters 3 minifig $15 sets, 4 zombie cars and 10 of the uru-kai poly's. So good day.
  • meccanotwitchmeccanotwitch Member Posts: 9
    Spent about £350 at the new Sheffield store yesterday and got the HH, Technic Heli, Monster Fighters 9468, a couple of Arcitecture sets, Olivias House and the Friends Avent Calendar. The free store set was nice, but wished I had gone today and got the limited edition numbered set of three Minifigs.
    Now to get building.
  • BadzMaruBadzMaru Member Posts: 19
    I'm in A&E after swallowing Lego, the doctors didn't seemed worried but I'm sh*tting bricks...
    ^How in the world !?!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Happily walked out of Lego B&M today with HH, 2013 calendar, witch poly #40032 and 4 freebies!
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Visited 3 Tescos yesterday looking for Series 8 minifigs and found none :(
    One more to try today, so fingers crossed.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    amazed at the extortionate price of Lego in the baltics
  • unkthebarbarianunkthebarbarian Member Posts: 27
    Today's status: ordered the sopwith camel & got all the freebies. (Shipping, mini sopwith, & zombie car)
    Made me a happy camper. Lol.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Today is the day I stop spending and save for BF!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    ^ I missed out on last years sale since I was at the airport. Hoping for some good deals on exclusives again this year! And even if I miss out on the online deals, I can always go to the LEGO Store now. :)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Happy to have got my minifigs on national TV :-) having a meltdown about our website crashing immeadiately afterwards. All good fun though #exhausted
  • dino_girldino_girl LondonMember Posts: 107

Happy to have got my minifigs on national TV :-) having a meltdown about our website crashing immeadiately afterwards. All good fun though #exhausted

I saw them on last leg they look brill as always!
  • pd66pd66 UKMember Posts: 168
    We saw them too -well done @savage_steel nice work as usual
    I just got a new orange-style brick separator, in green! I feel special now.
    ^Wait, what? How did you get one?
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ I believe some of the new Friends sets come with a green version of the new brick separator.
    @Penkid11 It came in #5508!

Having finally retrained myself to look for "an orange thing", I'm now back being confused until I remember "green thing". I could just keep using the orange ones but they're just not so special now...
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Received my GE (supposed) hollow stud flower today. And the rep even threw in some random pieces. Unfortunately, the flower is still a solid stud.

• LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,090
    Got back from my 3 week holiday to the UK yesterday. Managed to get down to the Stratford store on a day trip to London and also checked out the fantastic Lego stadium in John Lewis's.
    Came back to Germany with Haunted House, 6 Super Heroes sets and a variety of polybags and lots of other Lego-related stuff that a fellow Bricksetter got me really cheap :-))

Looking forward to flying over to Steam in October :-)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,011
    Finally scored on a Tescos bargain after months of getting nowt (not even a refund out of them) - 12 x Superman vs Lex Luthor power suit for £4.75 each
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Reorganizing my LEGO room so I can get some more display shelves installed. Bumped the media rack my Shuttle Expedition is on and it "almost" hit the floor from about five feet up. Managed to catch it at the last minute and minimized the damage.

Note to self: remove everything in the area from now on.
    I must be tired. Just went to pick up my brick separator but took a shark instead. Didn't realise until I found myself stabbing the brick with the shark.
    Just made 2 BL orders for $100+ from germany and the czech republic, my first real overseas BL orders, to almost 100% complete my modular theater, train station, and brown stone (1/2 pet shop style). As well as some parts towards my MOC ship I'm currently designing and the last of my Lego man of legos. Hopefully the overseas orders come through without issue as I'm ready to be done with those sets.
  • langlang Member Posts: 16
    "LEGO (and pretty much everything else) on hold while laid up after double hernia repair."
    Continuing work on my MOC pirate ship and decided to do a visual comparison of it compared to the base pieces of QAR. Ended up a bit bigger than I was visualizing it. It's gonna be a monster.

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    According to hubby it's official - my Lego habit is going to put us in the poor house! Lol, if he'd look around he'd know we've been there all along!
    Had a great trip to Southern California, enjoyed a day at Legoland and a couple of stops at Lego stores.
    Hubby discovered there was an item he intended to buy, if anyone is going in the near future let me know and maybe we can work something out.
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    Just picked up the Alien Conquest sets I don't already own on Amazon... wish I'd grabbed them on clearance last month, since the prices have almost gone back up to full MSRP with them being out of print.
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    Laying out the budget for Christmas shopping. There's not a lot of wiggle room.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    edited September 2012
    Played Good Samaritan in WHSmiths earlier today.

Saw a lady browsing the overpriced Lego as we were leaving. My conscience got the better of me and so went back in. "Please don't buy it." I pulled out my phone and introduced her to the Amazon Comparison page. She was very appreciative and didn't think for a second it weird for a slightly overweight, balding guy wearing a Star Wars t-shirt to approach her like that. So much so that we went on to make a purchase for son's birthday next weekend....through my phone!!
    I just won @kevbags Brand Store Raffle!!! :-D
    Thanks @LostInTranslation for reminding me to enter! :-)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited September 2012
    My recent ventures into Lego SW Clone War sets (due to overlaps with PT vehicles), has lead me into giving CW a chance. With that, Season 1 Ep. 1 is in the player and AT-OT/Dropship #10195 with Clone Walker Battlepack #8014 are getting cracked open. I hope this show doesn't disappoint...
    Congratulations @legopants!

Congratulations @legopants!

Just finished building Helm's Deep! Nice set with not too many stickers :-)
    Nice minifigs too - really like Haldir!
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Pretty good status today. Bought Lego worth approximately GBP 300 today.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Put together Shelob Attacks during our LUG meeting. What a fun spider. Not impressed with Gollum.
    Just finished building R2-D2. Very cool model.
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    Put together Destiny's Bounty. What a totally unexpected build -- I hadn't expected that it would be mostly a Technic build, and it was fun to do. The architectural sensibilities of the ship didn't necessarily make sense all the time as I was putting it together, until each individual bit was completed and snapped on. The final model is fantastic, since it is distinctively a ship but still wholly its own unique thing. (The snake-stuff that comes with it seems completely extraneous, though.)
    Channeling my inner girl today. Got Friends Adventure Camper from a brand store, and a bargain Paradisa Seaside Cabana from eBay!