Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Will Lego stores honour the 'Virtual' price on the Buildable Galaxy Collections?

Jasper_ParnebrickJasper_Parnebrick Member Posts: 35
edited August 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I noticed that if you buy all 3 of the Series 1 Buildable Galaxy Collection 5001136-1 the price is $32.99. [CDN]
If you bought the three planets separately, the price would be $38.97. Good deal, but does that only apply to online orders through Lego's shop at home website, or can you walk into a store and ask for that same deal?

I am curious to know if anyone's tried it yet? Or tried it with a similar Virtual Product Collection?

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ I have no idea, but any store manager worth their salt should do it for customer service reasons, if no other reason.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    I think they will. I remember @bluemoose saying something about it with regard to double VIP points on some of the product collections.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,997
    I was told earlier this summer the online promotions were not valid in-store but I was specifically asking about the double VIP point packages.

I was told earlier this summer the online promotions were not valid in-store but I was specifically asking about the double VIP point packages.

Store managers have the ability to simply award extra VIP points for any reason, so as a customer service measure, they should do that for the online collections, to match the offer.

Anything else is just foolish and nuts! I cannot imagine a single reason why the retail store wouldn't match the online special, if asked for it.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,997
    I wasn't terribly interested in the deals at the time and didn't press the issue but that is good to know.
    All I can say is that if I was the store manager, my goal is to take care of my customers, to make them feel welcome, to make sure they are treated fairly, and to make sure they aren't getting a better deal by shopping elsewhere than in my store.

That is just my opinion. :)