Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target.com $10+ %15 off $100+ purchase of LEGO (today only)

gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
edited August 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
AAA discount: $10 off $100 (or use retailmenot $5 off if you do not have AAA)
Today only: 10% off purchase of $100 or more of select LEGO items (most of them)
5% off using the redcard.
Free Shipping

With some items below RRP you can get some nice discounts:
7938 Passenger Train is $89.75 so 31% off RRP
4195 QAR at $87.10 so 28% off

Comments

• turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    edited August 2012
    Nice. The Maersk train with tax included, came to $101.97
    10212 Imperial Shuttle comes out with tax to $226.73.
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    Mines of Moria is $66.99 instead of $79.99.
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    For those in the market: 10188 Death Star would be $331.64 + tax
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    I just purchased the GE at the LEGO store at MSRP two weeks ago. And now I can save $20 on it from Target. :(
    Yeah... GE, FB are $118.75+tx, PS is $117.87 and TH is $161.49+tx (if you can apply all 3 discounts) still a bit higher than TRU BOGO 50% off, but still a very good buy
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Wish I could bite on this but without AAA and a red card the added tax just makes it a marginal discount for me. Thanks for the heads up though @gdelahousse.
    @Renny, you can still use http://www.retailmenot.com/view/target.com it $5 instead of $10 but anyone can use it.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Is this deal online only?
    @jvdrummer182, it looks like it is online only.
    Damn, I wanted to get a few of the MF zombies set but it's only available in stores
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    ^ I don't know if this would work or not, but maybe try buying an item of similar price and exchanging it in stores for the zombie set.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Fire Brigade and Pet Shop are the only sets that interest me. The final discount is only 12%. Not sure if I should get them.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Awesome sauce Jabba's Palace finally ordered (and just a day after I was able to get the Skiff for 10% off on Amazon)!
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122

Fire Brigade and Pet Shop are the only sets that interest me. The final discount is only 12%. Not sure if I should get them.

I am considering Pet Shop and the WV bus. Pet Shop would save me $13 compared to the Lego store with a 10% coupon, or $17 over amazon (no sales tax on amazon*). So it's not a screaming deal, but it would free up a future Lego store coupon to be used on something else. But then I wasn't really planning on spending $133 right now, either.

* and I am ignoring that one really should be paying use tax instead, I know.

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Black Pearl is currently $81.99. Saesee Tiin's Starfighter is $24.99 (after entering coupon code TGT9YT6G). 10% off LEGO today, plus $10 off with AAA, plus 5% Red Card, brings it to $81.49 total, before tax. 4% cash back at Ebates today as well.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129

Yeah... GE, FB are $118.75+tx, PS is $117.87 and TH is $161.49+tx (if you can apply all 3 discounts) still a bit higher than TRU BOGO 50% off, but still a very good buy

thank you for listing prices pre-tax. as taxes vary from person to person, this is MUCH more useful information than baking any specific tax amount into the price when posting on the forum.
    Black Pearl and Pod Racers are both signifcantly below RRP already, which make this a really good deal when you combo them with an item to bring you just over $110 before discounts. MF and QAR both qualify by themselves with no add-ons, and both are marked down by a fair amount as well.

i got those 4, plus the filler items (2x Batwings). Also went ahead and got a 10231 with the two cheap superhero sets (catwoman and capt america)
    total of $975 worth of RRP for 28.5% off. not too bad a deal!

thanks to the OP!
  • patsfan12patsfan12 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the heads up. Picked up the MF for $104 with no tax .
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    4184 is the deal here, IMHO...

Bought 2 of them, ended up paying about $70 each all up... That is pretty good, not the best in the world, but being able to have them delivered, is nice. :)
    I decided to pass on this deal. I must wait for the TRU BOGO 50%.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444

4184 is the deal here, IMHO...

Bought 2 of them, ended up paying about $70 each all up... That is pretty good, not the best in the world, but being able to have them delivered, is nice. :)

Yes, I think that is the best deal. That's better than I have seen on Amazon.

• teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 992
    Sure can't beat $70 for a set that is sure to increase in price once it is retired. I also got the Jabba's Palace and added the super heroes dictionary for $12 for good measure.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 302
    @gdelahousse thank you. Picked up a 7939 Cargo train for $139 +tx - the cheapest we've seen that we have been eyeing for a while and just didn't want to give TRU business! I am curious, where did you find the info about the 10% off promo? I troll for LEGO deals every day, and didn't catch it..... Thanks again!
    @red237 I noticed it when browsing the Target website, not sure if it was when browsing LEGO (without sale/deal/clearance) or by checking out my cart (as I always have a few items in there). When I saw I tried the AAA discount, I never thought it would work, but it did...
    The deal is still going on?
    ^ no, It stopped last night at 11:59 EST.
    ^ Weird, the discounts are still applied to my cart.
    ^ enjoy it if you can, nothing showing up for me :)
    ^ Thanks! :)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,233

I decided to pass on this deal. I must wait for the TRU BOGO 50%.

Same here.. Actually a TRU 'Buy 2, get the third free' sale is due, I believe.

^ it depends, some the target sets are below RRP while TRU are above. 4184 is $119.99 so BOGO will be 89.99 and B2GO 79.99, target price after discounts was $62-$65
    Yesterday I got the 7938 passenger train for 89.76+tx, TRU BOGO would be $112.49 and B2GO $99.99 and I only have to buy one (wait that might not be a good thing ;-)
    However, I agree for sets identically priced, the TRU sale would be better
    ^ exactly. on this deal, BP, MF, QAR, Shuttle, PodRacers were all had for more than 25% off RRP, which beats the TRU BOGO even if TRU is at normal price, which for most of these items, they aren't.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I passed on Queen Anne's Revenge. I don't have AAA and I bought 2 during the last TRU BOGO. Even at $5 markup, I got 2 for the same price as if I would have bought 2 last night. It wasn't worth buying anymore.

• red237red237 Member Posts: 302
    @gdelahousse - thanks! Now I will check my cart frequently too :)
    Just got an email that my order was cancelled. I tried to get a town hall...
  • langlang Member Posts: 16
    ^ did they give you a reason?
    I recevied a cancellation email as well - for Diagon Alley. I'll be calling them today. I've found Target to be the worst in resolving/compensating issues however.
  • staffmarkstaffmark Member Posts: 44
    me too, town hall cancelled. Bummer...
    Thats terrible that they are cancelling people's orders on the big ticket items. I would be pretty upset about that.
    cancelled my town hall as well, but they did ship all my other orders
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    No cancellation yet on Jabba's Palace. Fingers crossed.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    Hmm interesting, I purchased an Imperial Shuttle, and they sent it to me. That's a big ticket item.
    But I also placed a second order, for some Super Hero sets that have yet to be shipped. Hmm... did they say why they cancelled the town hall?
    ^ I think you will be fine. they shipped my QAR and MF, which are around the same price point. they also shipped my shuttle expedition, which was an exclusive.
    My QAR, Monsters and Train shipped, no word yet on the T1 Camper.
    A few weeks ago, I got a cancellation from Target (only one so far) and it was because they were out of stock, but the TH looks like it is in stock still...
    I called target and placed another order for the town hall. They matched the price to what it was on the one day sale. They said the cancellation was either a stocking issue, or some problem with the shipping address. When I called to place the second order, they told me there were 70 in stock. I've lived at my current address for over 10 years and never had an issuing shipping to the address. I know it's speculation, but maybe Target didn't count on this many orders.
    Was on the phone with Target for 40 minutes. They're not sure why it was cancelled. Now I have to place another order, then call them back after 30 minutes has passed, and get them to correct the price on the order. Just what a Friday night is for, right?
    Well it is good to see that their customer service is at least attempting to correct the situation.
    Ok, there went another 20 minutes to get the price adjusted. Really? It takes 20 minutes to do this? And at the end the associate tells me "Well, the price adjustment didn't appear to take, but I'm sure it's ok. You should get an email in 15 minutes with the adjustment. Call back if you don't." Nice.
    ^ which is why I didn't bother to even try. oh well - hope it works for you though!