Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars 6212

allendeanallendean Member Posts: 32
edited June 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
Just wanted to gauge everyone's thoughts on the set above. I have read many complaints about the wings falling off all the time.

It seems like the set is about to be discontinued. With it being in production so long, do you think this set will increase in value as most of the other Star Wars sets have?

Comments

• JohnnycogsJohnnycogs Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2011
    I think this is one for the collecting or buying and selling section hombre?
  • allendeanallendean Member Posts: 32
    Sorry - don't know how to move it at this point.
  • PaulTRPaulTR Member Posts: 115
    I've owned this set for years, and after playing with it regularly, I can honestly say it's one of my fave SW sets. I've never had any problems with the wings, although the guns sometimes do fall off. Still, it's not that bad. If you want, I wrote a highly-rated, in-depth review of the set in the Database; you can see all my thoughts on it there.

As far as value goes, I see this set's value skyrocketing when it's discontinued. It is such an iconic ship and includes so many classic figs, I bet it will be selling on eBay for twice the price of what it's currently worth.

P. S. Don't worry: the Moderators will probably move the thread very soon. They're very efficient at that :)
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    I also love this set. Never had any problems with the wings, but I just have it displayed so don't know how it stands up to play. But really cool design and clever wing operation. Nice minifig collection with it, too.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    edited June 2011
    We have had this set for a few years now and the wings have never fallen off. We don't swoosh it a whole lot but its had its wings opened and closed alot and have been very solid.

You are right it has been in production for a very long time and Toys R Us recently had them on sale with an already discounted price plus BOGO 50% for around $30 each with free shipping. I know resellers must have bought a bundle. No unique parts or figs. For appreciation I would search elsewhere. It is a great set to own but if you are looking to profit after fees you would need at least 50% off and even then not much to gain. A Lego X-Wing is sure to come around again every few years.

With the market flooded with reselling nowdays it is best to buy an already out of production set that will not be replicated with a large adult audience for a high price now and then seller higher e.g. Green Grocer for $300 now will sell for $600 in 9-12 months, or a UCS Falcon first run edition for ridiculous gains in the coming years. Not much opportunity anywhere else.