Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    ^ Mate, we all have to start somewhere. I think I have a sizable collection, my friends and family think I completely mental and say I must have the biggest collection in the world........and then I look at others on here. I am a tiny tiny fish. :-)
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547

Friend came over wanting to play some Lego. I gave him the pick of my unopened sets and let him build Jabba's Palace. It may sound magnanimous of me but really my plan is to turn him into an AFOL. mwahahaha

Genius

I have an extra helms deep that I intend to let a friend build. Is it cruel to lure unsuspecting people?
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ I do it through my daughter's friends, but I tend to just give them small sets. We've converted two 8-year-old girls and two 4-year-old boys and through them have one Dad starting his SW LEGO collection and one Mom buying all sorts of sets to do with her son.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    @flump
    Who knew our lives could be so similar. My friends and family think I'm literally crazy... well they may be right. (muhuhuhuhahahaha)
  • unkthebarbarianunkthebarbarian Member Posts: 27
    flump said:

^
    Mate, we all have to start somewhere. I think I have a sizable collection, my friends and family think I completely mental and say I must have the biggest collection in the world........and then I look at others on here. I am a tiny tiny fish. :-)

I hear ya bro!!
    I'm the mental one, i cant even get replacement parts!
  • unkthebarbarianunkthebarbarian Member Posts: 27
    Penkid11 said:

@flump
    Who knew our lives could be so similar. My friends and family think I'm literally crazy... well they may be right. (muhuhuhuhahahaha)

Yep, my family says my bedroom looks like "toys r us"!!!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    Finally produced something visible towards my Hogwarts (after binning all the maps and inspiration photos), even if it is a entrance hall missing doors and windows... I knew I should have started building a long time ago, instead of telling myself I was 'collecting bricks' and getting all the wrong ones! Just placed about 20 BL orders.
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    Just short of 40,000 bricks if my 8071 bucket truck ever arrives from amazon. I do know however i've easily got another 1000 or so bricks and spares kicking around though. Now, what could I build and should I part all my sets out?
  • langlang Member Posts: 16
    Clearing space to build 10188, 10212 & 10221 is easy. Deciding which to build first is the challenge.
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    ^ be careful with #10212 and #10221. #10212 has no numbered bags. YOu need much space when laying out 24 bags with parts. and then you need space to store the main body when buuilding the wings. (read eurobricks-review when needing more information)
    #10221 has numbered bags what makes building easier. (nobody wants 40 bags on his desk at once, right?)
    And btw: making the landing gear holding better is pretty easy. Il post guide for it later.need to make a ldraw-picture
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited August 2012
    Built Creator Big Rig #4955 last night as a tutorial to one day build my own Optimus Prime. Decent set with great part selection, would have been a good set to part out when it was current and on discount. But nonetheless would be too small (14-stud wide) to serve as an adequate starting place for a nice sized Optimus. A 'maybe' if it were 50% bigger at 20-stud wide. Bigger challenge would be finding right parts in chrome.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @BrickDancer #5571 should be plenty big enough. Wrong colours of course.
    ^Yes indeed @kevbags! I've been watching for this Big Cat but the pricing is ridiculously high, even for used. I like how accurate it is, with the extra large smoke stack and bottom cylinders(?). Wonder if they'll make another big rig this size sometime in the future. All the recent ones have been Vehicle Transporters or such.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    ^ The box on mine is average and it was around 95% complete (mostly missing chrome parts) but for £50 I can't complain.
    ^That was a nice find, especially with the box still. I do not see them for less than $200 on ebay and too rare to find randomly on Craigslist or garage sales. So may end up searching for one forever...
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Am headed for Southern California and Legoland. Meeting family in Anaheim first. Will probably go to LLCA on Sunday!
  • JoinceJoince Member Posts: 8
    sidersdd said:

"Invoicing, packing, shipping, buying, receiving, parting, listing... repeat."

thats cool

Just tiled a 32x32 baseplate and realised I was meant to be doing it on several smaller plates put together. It's a lot harder to de-tile than to tile.... :(
    ^Unless you have an orange brick seperator! The thin end is a tile removing wedge.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    A spatula or paint scraper works as well and will pop off multiple at a time =)
    ^^ I never knew that, I'll dig one out. (I prefer to use the green ones normally, no idea why, just prefer them). Thanks!
    The green ones are better for pulling plates apart than the orange ones however the orange one has more separating techniques, the axle pin, wedge end, and, when you place it long-side-down along a long plate on a baseplate, you get a grip to help remove the longer plate. If you don't understand, I can take a pic of it later today.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,056
    Found three small City sets for sale in Yaoundé Cameroon today. Of course they cost about 4x the US RRP but it gave me a sliver of hope. Might go back for the Octan Transport if/when I get really desperate.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Waiting (im)patiently for shipping notification on my Helm's Deep from amazon. Will soon change to waiting (im)patiently for it to arrive.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Here's another big up to the orange brick separator... you can remove jumper plates without needing to hold the separator half a stud across :O) I love that little touch.

I think the axle remover was the only mistake. It gets in the way sometimes, and I don't find it any better than using a long axle!
    ^It gets in the way when removing plates. TBH that is really the only problem with it.
    Posted some pics of my (very) small start on Hogwarts.
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    edited August 2012
    published the #10212 hotfix in a review when you are annoyed about falling off landing gear. When built the informations hould be ckear enough to find the place which is meant to be modified
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 32
    "Finally finished modding the heck out of my 7965 Millennium Falcon after several months... now I can finally build those other sets I bought." :)
  • langlang Member Posts: 16
    @masterX244 thx will give that a shot when the time comes
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,296
    @Matthew I would be so interested to see how it turns out! Would love to MOC Hogwarts one day :D
    edited August 2012
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    Matthew said:
    Can't wait to see the final product, it already looks great @Matthew!

After two weeks finally about to return home... My goodness do I miss my minifigures.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Matthew said:
    Looks awesome!

• caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Dropped my FOURTH tray this week of Lego onto the floor. This time it was 1x1 round plates....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    edited August 2012
    ^ Better than dropping an overloaded PAB on the floor by the till in a brand store on a Saturday afternoon just before Christmas last year! (guilty as charged)
    That image made me laugh cry in horror for you @Matthew. Did the whole store come to a stand still in complete silence for an everlasting second?
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    If I were one of the seven dwarves I'd be Happy - spent yesterday in Disneyland with two and four year old grandaughters we seldom see then went to the Lego Store this morning before leaving Anaheim for San Diego where we are visiting oldest son and family and will get to watch 14 yr old grandaughter play soccer. Hopefully we'll have enough energy for Legoland before we head home!
    ^^ Sort of! There were about 20 people, including all the staff off the till on the floor picking up my cheese slopes and 1x1 studs!

Today's status is Placed so many BL orders I can't even remember what I wanted half these pieces for!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Went one for three on my first attempt to feel out some CMF packages. Managed to get it right on the S8 Man-bat, but the two S7 I thought were Galaxy Patrol ended up being Aztec Warriors.
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Unhappily staring at a boxed Haunted House. I'm not going to build it till after I move house, and I'm not sure if I have the willpower :)
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    I am in a Lego dream world today. Finally got the death star after years of postulating, and placed an order with Pick a Brick and Lego Direct for close to 2000 bricks that should get me across the line with the main section of my hogwarts MOC. @matthew can't wait to see more images of your effort, if you follow scale on the entrance hall it will be truly massive. I have around 200 pictures to load somewhere (currently on that Facebook thing) that I have built up since I started the build in Feb. I think the MOC is around the 70,000 - 80,000 piece mark right now (gave up accurately counting months ago) so the only person that will be happier to see this on finished than me will be my wife :). Haven't quite got the heart to tell her the castle is only the start...
    ...and there I was worrying the entrance hall was too small! I'd prefer to do it properly the first time, instead of a half hearted downsized attempt. It may be years before it's done, but at least it'll be impressive hopefully. I'm also hoping to build the cliff that Hogwarts stands on, I think I'll need a serious investment for that! I'd like to see your photos, can you get me a link?
    @matthew - see if this works - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.270658156380292.58181.100003083293981&type=3
    If not might load somewhere else. Was waiting until the castle was done before showing to the world. But now I am almost done my mind is on building some of the forest and the village etc.
    This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    Return home
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USA.Member Posts: 885
    Spent over $200 at once today at the LEGO store. Most ever spent in one transaction at the store. It was worth it, though. Now I have the Haunted House!
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    ^ I wonder just how many people bought a Haunted House today?
    Give me 5 - I have a photobucket account i can use if i can remember the password :)
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    my lego status is total build inertia. A very large moc on the go, a new haunted house sitting there, several other sets I want to build also in a big queue and yet I can't seem to make a decision tonight and have done nothing.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    I was at one store this morning about 20 min after it opened and they were loading the shelf up for the third time they said. So they had to have sold like 10 already.