Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    edited August 2012
    Spent the day in the garden and have Lego on the mind!!!

Now have a 'green' wheelie bin to put garden waste in for collection on a fortnightly basis. We were given a great big sticker to apply to the side of the bin, to demonstrate that we have paid for the additional service. Peeled the backing off the sticker and applied it to the side of the bin. "Damn it!" Got a bloody air bubble trapped and made a right mess of it trying to get it out. Think I'm now going to have to get onto the local authority asking if they can send out a replacement so I can ensure I have a perfectly mounted one.

Wonder if it's licensed!? Need to get a life!!!
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Went to TRU today and found out I was too late for the CMF deal (and they had Series 8 :o( ) New deal say you can get a free Thor of Frodo Poly or a Series 6 or 7 CMF with a $20 purchase (excludes Friends). They only had S7 CMF so I got me a free Frodo Poly! Just small question: How much is it worth for Re-sell?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^ About as much as TRU is selling them for: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=30210-1
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Need help thinking of an idea to build for a vignette. What activities do you do in the summer?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Jet ski, Para-sailing, Snorkeling, Wind Surf, Volleyball, skateboard, rollerblade, Biking, Picnic, Surfboarding, Car wash, wear sunglasses and sandals =)
    ^ Thanks! But it all has to be confined in a 10x10 stud space. :( I'm thinking of doing a hot dog stand.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited August 2012
    placed a large order for some windows for my UCS Hogwarts Hall. I had ten of the windows in my own collection, but realised tonight I needed 120. eek.
  • fitzyfitzfitzyfitz ManchesterMember Posts: 94
    Random browsing, found concrete LEGO
    Finished my special VW Beetle #10187 in yellow. Tribute to Bumblebee the Transformer.

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Finished my Tumbler I sourced on BL. Kind of glad I went this route instead of chasing down the original set. It looks cool, but it's not really anything amazing.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Filled my first PAB cup ever! 586 pieces for 20 bucks.. good deal!
  • JverweijJverweij Member Posts: 16
    *c&c-voice*
    Building
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Back at work after 4 days building Lego with the kids. Withdrawal kicking in already!
    dimefield said:

Filled my first PAB cup ever! 586 pieces for 20 bucks.. good deal!

Purchasing Lego-crack, are we?:P
    Quick question: Did you just scoop them into the cup, or did you build according to the cup's shape and fill the holes with studs or flowers? The latter takes longer but you get not brick for your buck that way (-$0.01 is possible!!)
    @Brickdancer, brilliant!! Step two, modify it to enable him to transform. ;-)
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    @Penkid I could see how they could become quite addictive and i'm glad the nearest store is 200 miles away. I just scooped.. they had tan 2x2 tiles and trans clear 1x2 plates. Also grabbed some 1x2 bricks. Ive seen the posts on the stacking for 2 hours to get the most efficient cup. I don't have that kind of patience!
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Happy as I found #9590 NRG Zane and #9574 Lloyd ZX spinners in the Wroclaw (Poland) LEGO shop. My two boys will be chuffed I managed to get something pre-uk release for them. And at 40 PLN each it's about the price you pay in the UK for them
    I must be the slowest builder ever. Three evenings later and I'm not even half way through my Unimog. I am spending a good 20 minutes per sticker though. Must be just right. :-)
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    Got my first LOTR set, Attack on Weathertop. Woo hoo!
    I got my Lloyd ZX from Amazon today, now I won't have to worry about getting him for the collection.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,297
    I think I've figured out that I need a daily fix of Lego :S Already going into Lego withdrawal now that I've packed it all away!
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Visited four different Lego Brand Stores in 4 days. So many PAB cups and Grab bags to sort. Love summer road trips.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^ Sounds like a lot of fun!
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 458
    I'm desperately in need of a fix. I finished building my VW T1 and now I'm left with no new sets to build. Damn you new bathroom soaking up all my money!
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    Mine is "trying to find toy fair minifigures" lol
    samiam391 said:

Completed the entire minifigure collection today with the purchase of a NYCC Superman. Hurrah!

Lucky guy!!
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Sadly putting Lego on eBay to make some space
    (for more Lego after I've moved!)
  • unkthebarbarianunkthebarbarian Member Posts: 27
    My status: Bought the super star destroyer. The most expensive set i've ever bought. So... i'm broke and i'll probaby never be able to do that again in this lifetime.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    ^lol, still, an awesomely epic set, good work!
    Thanks. It's not great if you can't display it properly. Mine isn't i don't think. It's not the size of this beast, but the details that are in/ on it that make it so awesome. So i just gotta get some display ideas. Also, this is one that needs to be kept out of the reach of children. Lol!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    flump said:

richo said:

Starting a UCS Hogwarts Hall, as decided the one in the latest castle set is way too small.

Thought you might.... following receipt of 30 Hogwarts - lucky sod! Wondered what you were going to do with them. ;-)
    You mean to say your Tesco orders worked?!? Mine still sat at created created :(
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,297
    Matthew said:

flump said:

richo said:

Starting a UCS Hogwarts Hall, as decided the one in the latest castle set is way too small.

Thought you might.... following receipt of 30 Hogwarts - lucky sod! Wondered what you were going to do with them. ;-)
    You mean to say your Tesco orders worked?!? Mine still sat at created created :(
    I didn't even get 1. lol
    although finally got a £15 giftcard for the pretty terrible experiences I have been through.
  • LaziterLaziter Member Posts: 76
    Just recieved The Werewolf (9463-1) in the mail.
    Got it for free through some questionaires on the internet.
    This makes it my first set in the Monster Fighters series, I want more :-D
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Two excited 8-year-olds in the house who have, since 6 am, played Heartlake City, watched The Padawan Menace and are currently exploring YouTube for LEGO movies and it's still not time to leave for the Friends LEGO Club meeting.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Two firsts for me today; parting out a set without building it first (Marina) and my first Friends set (Olivia's Speedboat). Greatly amused at the lack of steering controls in the speedboat - that Olivia is one wild gal.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Finally got around to building QAR. Great looking ship with some cool detail items. Did some more work on my custom ship build in LDD. Finalized the rear of the hull and started working on redoing the front. It's currently ~100 studs long (almost 2x the QAR hull length) and its 24 studs wide (1.5x the other ship hulls). Brick/plate built hull. It's about 1600 pieces right now just to replicate the molded hull pieces of the LEGO ships.
    Built the UCS Yoda bust #7184 in one sitting last night. First time doing a sculpture like that and was initially surprised by the top-down view approach to building in layers. But was interesting experience once gotten used to it and was a fast build. Overall, the build was basic and the finished piece is mediocre to look at. I give it a 3 out of 5 stars.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    Drawing in depth plans of Hogwarts...
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    @BrickDancer i need to rebuild our #7184 as we picked it up at a garage sale and we aren't sure it is 100% complete. It was put together and looked complete, but at the price we paid it wouldn't have mattered.

Lego status today: happy that I added another 4 Juniors minifig to my collection. 15 to go before the collection is complete!
    ^Oops, I meant #7194 for Yoda. You're fortunate for having garage sale finds like that. I have a hard time finding garage sales period. But other than being a UCS and necessary for completing the collection, its not quite worth the going price.

Now #7676 Republic Gunship on the other hand, that was worth every penny! Really liked that build and it has the highest playability of all sets I own. Can't stop staring at it with all the troopers and Jedi hanging out the bay door.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickdancer/7828092536/in/photostream
    The garage sale was last yr and I mentioned it in the brag thread quite some time ago, but hubby stopped at a garage sale about half a mile from us and asked if they had any Lego for sale. The teenage boy said, yes I've got some I'll sell and he brought out #3450 (about 98% complete), #7194 Yoda, #3826 Build-A-Bob and a partial unknown Tie Fighter, and said he couldn't take less than $40. Hubby could not get the money ou of his wallet fast enough!
    Oh yes, I do remember that post of yours. It was the SoL that was shocking. That was a 'once in a lifetime' type of find.
    That it was. I've since learned it's often cheaper to buy instructions than to pay to have them printed.
    edited August 2012
    Spent 30 min at Walmart feeling through a full box of S8 minifigs. Got a full set! They were $3.28 each.
    continuing my own spin on Hogwarts with a huge UCS moc.
  • pd66pd66 UKMember Posts: 173
    Decided it was about time I added the sets me and my son own to brickset - then you start to realise you may have too much (?!!) Lego
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Finished cleaning up the LEGO room and made space for a display shelf. Purchased one of these over the weekend: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20213312/

Now onto assembly and then back to building!
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Friend came over wanting to play some Lego. I gave him the pick of my unopened sets and let him build Jabba's Palace. It may sound magnanimous of me but really my plan is to turn him into an AFOL. mwahahaha
    My new status is "overwhelmed"!!!! My puny collection is nothing compared to all of yours.
    Guess i gotta play scratch off's more often to try to catch up with the rest of you folks!!
    Lm?o!!