Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CUUSOO Corner

Comments

• y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002

It's a game about fighting, what to expect?

Well lets see...

Star Wars
    Lord of the Rings

Need I say more? Truth be told, TLG breaks this rule when there is enough money on the table, and Street Fighter isn't it.
    I'll support your view of the hypocrisy evident with the Lord of the Rings line, but I'd tend to group Star Wars with Harry Potter. They're both mainly family-friendly IPs with the occasional combat and intense violence. Now, when LEGO releases a one armed, legless Anakin figure that's on fire... then they've probably crossed the line there.

Lord of the Rings, however, has never been a property for children, and I'm completely with you on that one (which is not to say I haven't begrudgingly collected these sets, and multiples for some just to make a proper Mines of Moria or Helms Deep, for example).
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890

It's a game about fighting, what to expect?

Well lets see...

Star Wars
    Lord of the Rings

Need I say more? Truth be told, TLG breaks this rule when there is enough money on the table, and Street Fighter isn't it.
    I still see a distinction. SF2 isn't just about violent fighting, that's *all* it is at its very core. SW and LOTR may have fighting/conflict in them, but that's just part of the overall package. TLG's decision makes sense to me.

Speaking of SF2, if anyone hasn't seen the Wreck It Ralph movie trailer yet, it's a must see. :)
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    I disagree it was a comic based fighting game from 1991 aimed at kids in the same age range as what TLG seem to focus on. I played it as a child and never had issues. I think it deserves a second chance if you ask me
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    Most of Lego's themes are about fighting in some way, shape, or form...
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,966
    ^ That's what gave me slight hope when I made a CUUSOO project based around the computer game Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/18636

As it only has 13 votes, it's probably irrelevant whether or not such a concept would be acceptable to Lego :) Still, it was fun designing and making the mini buildings and vehicles. It was the first time I had used MLCad, so it was all good practice.
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    ^That's a solid resemblance. Anyone who played the original game would have known what that was.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    ^^ Not being a gamer that looks like the beginning of a factory.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Bustin said:

^That's a solid resemblance. Anyone who played the original game would have known what that was.

I'm a big fan of C&C, way back to the very first version... and I had no idea what it was until I read the text. Not enough there to make it obvious in my personal opinion.

Or I'm just getting old. ;)
    I recognized each building and unit ;) I have the game sitting on an old Dell 386 laptop in my closet that I run DOS games on from time to time.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,902
    I would be all about C&C Lego, you should get some physical brick photos up to encourage more votes. Like the mining truck, if there was anyway you could get it to scoop 1x1 dots and drop them in the back it would be really awesome.
    ^He's doing micro scale from the images...a ore truck that could do that would be minifig size nearly. Which I am not objecting to at all. :)
    I think the secret to getting lots of support on CUUSOO is to get the game's developer to tell its community about it. That seems to be what happened with Minecraft and Portal.

Incidentally, I question the credentials of anyone who claims to be a big fan of C&C but doesn't recognise the ore factory from Red Alert :)

Hmm, just realised that each of the main buildings contains just the right amount of parts to be released as individual polybags... I can but dream!
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 570
    As an idea to promote one of my CUUSOO projects, I'd spent a couple of months making a Flash game demonstrating how to play. If you want to, have a go on this page.

It's still a work in progress, so I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to improve the game (the project).
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,652
    ^ Fun game. I'd like it if you had a choice how far you moved. eg if you threw a 2, you could move 0, 1 or 2. If you threw a 1, then you can move 0 or 1.
    ^ I'm thinking that would make things a bit too easy, but I will give it a try in the next version.
    It might also be an idea that the hammer disappears (or goes home or maybe goes to a random square - although how to do in a real lego game?) after five goes or it has bashed three gorillas.
  • jamie75jamie75 Member Posts: 12
    Hello, I know there are other Endor and Ewok Village playsets on CUUSOO. But, I feel they all lack something! I have made one the I am fairly proud of. And think I have added a decent amount of playablilty to it, while at the same time made something most collectors would appreciate.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/21668

I hope you like it will support the idea.

Thanks, Jamie

• timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    It appears that the Cuusoo worthy project spotlight feature has been removed from the Brickset home page.
    One of my new instant favorites...
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/22134
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Bustin said:

One of my new instant favorites...
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/22134

Holy smokes! Love them! Love the design, love the colors, and everything else about them.

• LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    a shame Lego never seemed to get round to releasing the flying dutchman from POC theme,

I must admit, this version is awesome!

lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/13664
    Someone has trumped the cuusoo Serenity model. This one is minifig scale!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfrenzy/sets/72157630914408000/with/7717701618/
  • SpiderManSpiderMan Member Posts: 47
    ^ That is amazing!
    ^^ wow, that is very nice!!!
    I dread to think what the price would be! I am sure LFT can work it out.

Adrian Drake spent 475 hours over the course of 21 months to build this painstakingly accurate model of Firefly's Serenity entirely out of Lego bricks. The result is this 135-pound, seven-foot long, 70,000-brick beauty that looks especially shiny paired with its minifig crew.

http://io9.com/5931903/seven+foot-long-minifig+scale-serenity-model-is-a-lego-masterpiece
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    @SilentMode I've had a go at your flash game. It's a tidy concept, and very well presented. I got frustrated because the gorillas kept spawning just as I was getting close to the stairs, and I only got 1 chance to use the hammer. I'm not very good at strategy games though, so it's not my cup of tea. I can see you've put a lot of thought into the rules and the concept.

As a result of the effort you've clearly put into it, I've supported it. It looks as though you need some more promotion though to really get it going.
    Thank you very much @TyoSolo. I'm going to take a step back from that project for now, but I'm still on it.
    CCC said:

I dread to think what the price would be! I am sure LFT can work it out.

Adrian Drake spent 475 hours over the course of 21 months to build this painstakingly accurate model of Firefly's Serenity entirely out of Lego bricks. The result is this 135-pound, seven-foot long, 70,000-brick beauty that looks especially shiny paired with its minifig crew.

http://io9.com/5931903/seven+foot-long-minifig+scale-serenity-model-is-a-lego-masterpiece

:). Clearly that is not a practical Lego model, but it is indeed really cool.

Of course, it is worth asking, what else is possible? Will we ever see a 10,000 part Lego set? Sure, why not? Some day... :)
    Yeah, obvioulsy impractical, but nice to speculate.

I'd like to see the size of the box! Would it fit through a doorway? Or maybe they would need to go for multiple boxes for one set. And how would resellers store this one?
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    Not sure if this one has been highlighted but I thought this was a nice fun Star Wars focused idea that might have a real chance of making it off the site - http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/21233#
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    ^ Love the drawings.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    Here's anotherone I found. Not much chance of being made as Lego have already done a JP line but I thought this was a nice job - http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/13673#

Not sure if this one has been highlighted but I thought this was a nice fun Star Wars focused idea that might have a real chance of making it off the site - http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/21233#

I see it as having no chance. New moulds needed for parts, a licensed line which Lego already produce, very similar in format to the battle packs which Lego already produce, characters unlikely to be popular in multiples (most people will not want more than one of each character, if that). If Lego do make something like it, why give away profits, when they already have a very similar line?

I thought the point of cuusoo was that it was for new ideas for one-off building sets, not for additional minifigs in an existing line.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    This is very interesting: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/19806 and useful too!
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    ^ Have now supported, along with many of the other great piece designs!

^ Have now supported, along with many of the other great piece designs!

That piece would add so many new possibilities in the modular MOC world for interiors.

• khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,290
    ^ Supported for that reason!
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited August 2012
    Whoa, this one has been quietly creeping up for a while now, just a few more required and will make the September review: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1786.

I wonder if the start of a new review process means they will release the results of the current review process.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,635
    edited August 2012
    ^ Yep - I think Marshall Banana's Sandcrawler will finally hit the big 10K today....

Love the mosaic tiles too (http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/19806)
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    Well the Sandcrawler has hit 10k, lets see what TLG will now do......
    Yep, it reached it...

Now to see what TLG says... Will they make a UCS Sandcrawler? Probably...

Will they do it now, based on this? Maybe...

Will they make it as large and complex as the Cuusoo model? Not a chance in heck...

:)
    Those tiles are great... but what about the edges?
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited August 2012

Yep, it reached it...

Now to see what TLG says... Will they make a UCS Sandcrawler? Probably...

Will they do it now, based on this? Maybe...

Will they make it as large and complex as the Cuusoo model? Not a chance in heck...

:)

Personally im not exactly excited about a UCS sandcrawler, to me it will just be a big brown lump of bricks, and is a pretty boring vehicle in the Star Wars Universe.

Nothing Lego can really do as thats how its portrayed in the film, its just too much a a big square box on wheels:(

Those tiles are great... but what about the edges?

I was thinking the same. Although the edges could be done by using part octagons (1/3 or 2/3 if you count width of octagon) for example, but this would mean another piece to finish the floor. It would also limit the size of the room you could tile, unless you had both types of edge pieces.

But the real problem would be corners. I doubt they would make a tile that covers only half a stud. The only way around that is to have another shape that has the side and bottom third taken away, so 1x1s are at the edges of the room.

Of course, there is always the option of overspill of the wall, but then you would need walls that are 3 wide if you have tiles on both sides. I guess you could get away with single or double width if you put plates in the gaps, and build up on those, although anchoring a wall at the bottom every three studs is not going to leave as strong a wall as normal, but could work if the bricks used for the bottom rows are quite long.

• KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 251
    About a week ago I uploaded another project on CUUSOO which is a new design for the Green Goblin's glider of the LEGO Super Heroes theme. I hope you like it and support my project:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/22385
    ^ It would be a waste of time supporting it. You have taken an existing model and removed some bits.

The real one:

Your one:

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,902
    Not so sure they will do a UCS Sandcrawler. The previous one, while not UCS, was marked down $40 ($99 with original price at $139) for a quite a long time on [email protected] in the US which would indicate a poor market for an even bigger and costlier one.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    ^^ way too similar to the Green Goblin set! honestly...
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Whoa, over 3000 new supporters overnight, I'm delighted about this one: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/3431
    ^ Yeah, 116 to go. It'll be there by tonight.