Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

are there 2 different zombie chauffeur with car polys?

super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 73
edited August 2012 in Collecting
Before I saw the zombie with a car that looks like a coffin but the poly you get for free on Lego.com has a different car build.

Comments

• lilmonster777lilmonster777 Member Posts: 53
    That's good news...hey tanker :)
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Yes there are 2 separate ones. There's a September exclusive with $75 purchase from LEGO (The car looks like a jeep) and then there's the coffin car that I'm not sure where its available yet...
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    I think someone said that they bought the New Coffin Car at one of the Lego Discovery Centers.... Someone also just sold a Poly bag Ghost(30201) and the Coffin car on Ebay for $65...
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286

I think someone said that they bought the New Coffin Car at one of the Lego Discovery Centers.... Someone also just sold a Poly bag Ghost(30201) and the Coffin car on Ebay for $65...

The people purchasing Lego at those insane prices are the reason for such inflation in small sets.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,572
    There is always inflation when they just come out. Take a look at bricklink. A number of people have CMF Series 8 for $10 for each figure.

They will soon come down when more widely available.
    It doesn't make sense to me that one person buys something at Target and doubles the price or more online and can actually sell it. I understand something from a decade ago or longer being expensive, but this stuff released this summer. It's accessible!
  • ChoochChooch Member Posts: 148
    @Bustin Actually its not accessible for some. I don't live in a major market - my TRU never received the Thor Poly or the Frodo Poly - they have had the Anakin Podracer poly on the shelf for 4 months now. I won't pay for overpriced items but I can see where Mom/Dad want to get Johnny that zombie he has been wanting and they live in Tri-Cities, Washington with one Walmart. Just my opinion.
  • sadowsk1sadowsk1 Member Posts: 124
    Chooch said:

@Bustin Actually its not accessible for some. I don't live in a major market - my TRU never received the Thor Poly or the Frodo Poly - they have had the Anakin Podracer poly on the shelf for 4 months now. I won't pay for overpriced items but I can see where Mom/Dad want to get Johnny that zombie he has been wanting and they live in Tri-Cities, Washington with one Walmart. Just my opinion.

I agree, while I enjoy the thrill of the hunt some people are cool with paying a little more for convenience or not having to wait. I equate it to buying a set I really want at msrp instead of waiting for an inevitable sale.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited August 2012
    ^^^Or you live in a country with no access at all or higher RRP, such as Australia, Singapore, etc.
    I'm in the same boat, but I refuse to pay those trumped up prices. My options are Walmart and Target where I live. There is no Toys R Us with in two hours of me, and the nearest Lego store is five hours away. Then again I buy Lego for my kids more so than I do for myself. It's something I do with them, so perhaps that is why I can pass.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    I kinda agree with @Bustin as over here when we get Lego in our country the prices go sky high. Right now was looking at Attack on Weathertop set a official distributor has, price 100 USD. But that's another topic :P

Need access to get the Lego polys at fair prices.