Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

VIP Minifig Set

124»

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,309
    Apparently there is also a witch, zombie, ghost pack too (according to a comment on BL). Now I just want a spartan, roman, viking pack and I might buy one or two.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Wow that rocker pack actually looks pretty cool. The beach pack was boring in my opinion. I didn't notice anything new about the figures, but this one has some nice color changes.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239

The rocker girl looks great in black & white, but wish they included her V-wing guitar in rehashed colors/pattern.

My thoughts exactly... really...where is that cool guitar?

• murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Brick built guitar fail but that's awesome and green Mohawk ftw!!
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2012
    I'm sorry but that set takes the biscuit for being CHEAP. The only design process this set went through was "how cheap can we do it?". Black & White legs & torsos just to save money from printing any colours. You could almost start to believe those Chinese clone factory chiefs had just got a job at LEGO.

Only the best is good enough? My posterior!

This set should have another layer of lacquer on it! ;o)
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    if they would of just done a GRAY suit zombie, that would really be a hit. People are often talking about wanting a series 1 zombie but the after market price is horrible.
    I think they got the best of both worlds with the brown suit zombie! I bought 5 zombies at 10 bucks a piece from series 1 and would hate to find out they'll be worth less. And making a brown suite zombie makes me want to grab a bunch of these too!
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    Aside from the inexplicable lack of guitar (would have been great to have a recolour of the V-guitar) the rocker pack looks groovy - nice to see some different coloured mohawk hair too - I don't recognise the girl's torso though, has that been used anywhere before?
    mr_benn said:

I don't recognise the girl's torso though, has that been used anywhere before?

It is a straight copy from the CMF figure, in B+W.

• bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    See I'm not the only one to see these new sets :-) , I am hoping for others as I want to use more in my City set. What other ones do you think we will see
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    ^^ Thank you, think I prefer it in the black!
    mr_benn said:

^^ Thank you, think I prefer it in the black!

Me too. Hair as well. It is slightly more Siouxsie Sioux style.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,704
    edited August 2012
    ^I was think Joan Jett. Guess that makes the hair a bit more usuable across the board. Looks like the rappers face and trousers are slightly different also (or just recoloured), it's hard to tell from the photo.

I guess this shows that the Beach set wasn't a one-off, and we can expect to see more of these CMF 'Super-packs' (TM, you heard it here first).

Collectors would have gone ballistic if TLG had just re-released the grey suit zombie (and as funny as that would have been to see...) so the brown version is probably a good compromise. Does the witch have sand blue/or grey hands though?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7786833290
    >CMF 'Super-packs' (TM, you heard it here first).

The brickset database has "Collectable Minifigures - Combi-pack". I guess people will call them what they want if there are no set names.

It would have been funny if they did release the grey suit zombie again. Although the price these new packs are going for on ebay, it wouldn't surprise me if the brown suit catches him up in price.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    CCC said:

...I guess people will call them what they want if there are no set names....

850449 LEGO® Minifigure Accessory Pack
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    Loving the monsters pack, hope it is out soon.
    CCC said:

It would have been funny if they did release the grey suit zombie again. Although the price these new packs are going for on ebay, it wouldn't surprise me if the brown suit catches him up in price.

Seems that there are always people willing to pay a premium to have things first. I imagine the prices will drop once they start appearing online and instore.

Fingers crossed for a 'Historical Warriors' Super-Pack :P

Matthew said:

CCC said:

...I guess people will call them what they want if there are no set names....

850449 LEGO® Minifigure Accessory Pack
    Yeah, I know they used "LEGO® Minifigure Accessory Pack", but are they going to call all of these the same thing? There is nothing descriptive about the contents in the title. At least with Star Wars Battle Packs they used names like "Mandalorian™ Battle Pack" rather than just Battle Pack.

If they are all going to get called Minifigure Accessory Pack, then new names will need to be invented to differentiate them. That is what I meant by no set names.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,446
    I love that Lego is doing this. Every forum that I have ever been in people are always wanting parts in different colors. "I wish this hairpiece was in Brown. I would love to see this hat in tan." Also, many people missed out on Series 1 and other Series and at least they can grab an elf or a zombie at a decent price. Yet people are calling Lego "unimagnative" or "lazy". Mattel has been doing this for decades with Hot Wheels and so has Hasbro with repaints of the same figure, both with GI Joe and Star Wars.
    ^but didn't all the collectors bail out at that stage? I don't mind alternative colour schemes, as long as they are colour schemes. I just don't want them getting cheaper (in quality), by doing half-@ssed reproduction runs and undermining the cmf series with selfmade knock-offs (if that's even possible).
    Who bailed out? Collector of Lego or Hot Wheels and Action figures?
    hot wheels. I'm not an expert, but i understood from people who were (another forum) that hotwheels introduced loads of variations and colour variants which royally peeved the collectors and crashed what was becoming a surging range. I wouldn't want Lego to kill the goose that lays the golden egg in the same way.

I should point out that I recommended lego do alternate colour schemes for early figs that people missed out on, but I wouldn't want it to become a standard practice with every series. As said, my only concern is quality, if they're going to do this, then do it properly i say (guitar). 'Only the Best' and all that.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ I can't see that lego collectors are in any way a golden goose or egg.

Lego generally and cmfs in particular are a kids toy. As such new kids come to cmfs every four months and when they come they see the old series and want them. Id br willing to bet money that it is children who prop up the cmf resale market not collectors. Whilst children may collect they went generally going to be the ones who hive two hoots about rereleases damaging their value, they'll just be happy get them without needing mums paypal account.
    edited September 2012
    Did anyone pick up a rock group minifig set? If so, what is the hair on the drummer like?

The official lego picture looks like it is pink, overpainted with green or mingled somehow. Is it really two-tone?

^The female guitarists hair is also different in that picture. Make me wonder if they just painted over a pink mohawk for this picture to make a mock-up scene.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 586
    @CCC from my recollection it should be a green mohawk.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    CCC said:

Did anyone pick up a rock group minifig set? If so, what is the hair on the drummer like?

The official lego picture looks like it is pink, overpainted with green or mingled somehow. Is it really two-tone?

Just got mine today. The drummer hair is solid lime green.
    Yea and the girl actually has the hair from CMF 7 Rocker chick, just in solid black.
    Why is the VIP set not available at US [email protected]? I can't find it anywhere on the site.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^ As far as I know, it's sold out. I haven't seen it in LEGO stores for quite a while, either. Of course, who knows if it's really sold out for good, or if TLG is bringing it back at a later time.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,263
    It was hinted to me a LEGO store manager that another version of the set was coming soon, and the first version was now gone for good.

It was hinted to me a LEGO store manager that another version of the set was coming soon, and the first version was now gone for good.

Another version of THIS set, or another CMF 'battlepack'?

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,263
    ^ Supposedly a new VIP minifig set.
    Maybe they got so many complaints about the set that they just took it off the website. Unless someone actually saw that it said sold out. From what I gathered in this thread, nobody was going to buy it unless it went on sale.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    The Queens LEGO store sold out almost immediately, and the area AFOLs have had trouble finding it. I sincerely doubt they'd recall something because people complain about it on the internet.
    Possibly. I was thinking it went along the lines of the Kingdoms Chess set. That disappeared off the US [email protected] website for quite awhile and now it is back.