Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Minecraft in stock at Amazon

2»

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Minecraft was back in stock today, just for a few minutes, then gone again... :)

Wish I could buy more than 1 a week, this set is going to do very well I think...
  • gdelahoussegdelahousse Member Posts: 153
    Some are available now...
    Those didn't last long, less than an hour... :)

My copy arrived today from Amazon (gotta love Prime shipping).

The box isn't as small as I expected, but it also doesn't weight very much. 480 parts it may be, but light and small parts indeed.

This says Cuusoo Set # 003, what were set # 1 and 2? I bought #4, that asteroid lander, so what two sets did I miss?

I'm going to open and build my copy, if only to find out what all the fuss is about. After that, if I find it uninteresting, I'd be happy to sell it to someone here if anyone wants a cheaper copy.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    ^ #4? Only 3 Cuusoo sets have been made, one exclusive to Japan. The second one is the Hayabusa (yellow ship thing) and the third is Mincraft.
    ? The Hayabusa was made before Minecraft? Didn't know that... My shipment from Lego should arrive this week with it in it.

What is #1?
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    #21100 Shinkai 6500 Submarine
    sidersdd said:

#21100 Shinkai 6500 Submarine

Wow, just checked the prices on Bricklink, that is an expensive set... Shame I don't actually care for it more. I generally like having all of a series, but I'll let that one go.
  • willkfwongwillkfwong Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 44
    6 left in stock!
    Or were, that didn't take long, once again... :)
    If anyone is keeping track, when was the last time Amazon had these in stock?
    That is the last time I've seen it, and I check every day.

Even more amazing, it remains in the top 10 Lego list every day, even at double RRP!
    So August 15th? It is crazy what people would pay for an in-production set. I wish they would do some research and save some money!

So August 15th? It is crazy what people would pay for an in-production set. I wish they would do some research and save some money!

Where else would they buy it from? [email protected] doesn't have it either.
    Good point. But at least research what the MSRP is.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    I don't think it would keep people from paying $70 for the set even if they knew the MSRP is $35. I bought 5 from TRU at $40 because I knew what they would sell for, so the MSRP didn't matter to me. I have sold 2 for $85, so compared to $85 - $70 is a good deal. Sure, I would have preferred to have paid MSRP or even less, but I took what was available. MSRP doesn't mean anything if an item is out of stock everywhere. It is all about supply and demand and what the market will bring. I fully expect the set to easily sell for $100 when it is EOL'd. And, maybe even $120-150.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,139
    It was actually selling for about $150 on ebay during the brief out of stock scare a little while back.
    I have sent an email to LEGO about the production run of these sets. Is it true that only 10,000 were produced? Or is it just LEGO not being able to handle the high demand?

I'm gonna place an order with Amazon soon, hopefully I will be lucky and find 20 of em in stock. :)