Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How do you display Modular Houses/ Buildings??

2»

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Yeah. You could place the Modular Building over top of the road plate. The buildings don't really have to be joined or attach to the road plates.
  • CountryboyCountryboy Member Posts: 36
    Good point :)
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    edited August 2012
    If the buildings won't stay in position there are products made, such as Tacky Wax, that will hold them securely without damage. When you want to move them use dental floss slide it under the piece pulling back and forth in a sawing motion then gently clean the residue off both the bricks and the base surface. Note: you only need to use it in a few small spots. My friend in LA used to use Tacky Wax to hold expensive collectibles to the shelves and when there was an earthquake the whole shelf fell, but the collectibles were still attached!
    Lol. That's funny.
    Yeah, I'm going to do a small layout this weekend to see how it looks. Most of my Legos are being set up elsewhere, but I'll throw some together...maybe do an MOC or two.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Wow @emilewski thanks a lot for sharing this terrific video. Loved the following segments:
    1:11 Starbucks
    1:16 Forrest Gump
    1:59 Band Parade
    2:50 Movie setup

• AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    Hi.

I'm currently searching for tables to use for modular display / town layout and am excited by the Lack 'modular' idea. However, IKEA now have the table size listed at 55 by 55 cm - a little wider than the 20 inches previously quoted for Lack tables. Is this an error or have they recently changed the dimensions ? Has anyone recently bought a new Lack ? If anyone has any advice as to current (IKEA?) table solutions, then I would very much appreciate some... I am going quietly mad with my tape measure... lol. Thanks in advance!
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 476
    ^ The Lack tables were never exactly 20"x20". The baseplates are 10"x10" and the Lack tables are slightly wider (21 5/8"x21 5/8"). The Lack tables have not changed dimensions; they still work well for me I find.
    Calv
  • AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    Ahhh... Thanks. Even if slightly larger than two baseplates across, they certainly sound more adaptable than larger tables. I might grab a few to simply have a starting point - if I end up making my own tables or buying alternatives, then I'm sure I could share them around the house... At a fiver each, it's not to pricey either!