Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Indiana Jones Buying Binge

mrfootballmrfootball Member Posts: 84
edited June 2011 in Collecting
I don't know if it's the hot summer weather, 30th Anniversary of Raiders...or what...in the winter, It's all Star Wars and Hoth...now I find myself on an Indiana Jones Lego buying binge. Having come out of the 'dark ages' about a year and a half ago I had focused my money and energies on collecting all of the Star Wars sets I'd missed out on over the ages...pretty much ignoring the Indy stuff, I only had one Indy set (the Flying Wing). I recently picked up the neat Venice Canal Chase set (which luckily is still and stores) and now I find myself back into Indy and paying a lot more than retail for the other sets I missed out on years ago. I just bought 4 other sets today. Help me.

Comments

• brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Are you asking for help with acquiring the remaining Indiana Jones sets or are you asking for help with your growing addiction? We might be able to help you with the former, but our track record with the later is rather poor. ;)
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    I'll just wish you luck and sit here humming the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme...
  • mrfootballmrfootball Member Posts: 84
    Looking for the Race for the Stolen treasure 7622 for a decent price now.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    That's a nice set.
  • dmm32552dmm32552 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2011
    My dark ages lasted about 18 years. lol. But I went on the Indy buying spree over the past two months. I bought 4 of the Ambush in Cairo, then the Temple Escape, then Shanghai Chase, then Flying Wing, then Canal Chase, then Motorcycle Chase. I've stopped now but I feel like the collection really needs the Temple of Doom to be complete. I'm conveniently ignoring everything from KOTCS (although I do feel like I should pick up loose minifigs of Mutt & Irina Spalko).

I've noticed the asking prices for 7622 on the secondary market seem a bit high but I do want that one too.
  • thewerewithalthewerewithal Member Posts: 28
    I love the canal chase. Picked up an extra boat on ebay the other day... they go nicely with the new creator lighthouse.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,962
    Completed my Indiana Jones collection a couple of days ago with Flying Wing. Managed to get hold of a brand new Temple of Doom set on eBay.de for just under 70 EUR back in February. All my IJ sets are new, except for Temple of the Crystal Skull which I got on eBay.de again for just under 50EUR - box and set in good condition, though I had to order a couple of missing pieces from LEGO and buy a new sticker sheet.

Currently collecting ships (troll ship/pirate ship/viking ship). Got my eyes on the big Imperial Flagship at the moment.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    @mrfootball I missed this thread while I was doing some traveling and at the risk of thread necromancy I thought I'd ask how your quest is proceeding?

@legopants You said you completed the collection but do mean those sets available from retail stores or the exclusives as well? Do you include magnets, keychains, etc. or just sets. I ask because different people have different perspectives on what constitutes complete. Myself, I've got all of the sets listed on Bricklist but only one of the keychains, neither of the magnet sets nor the console boxes. Additionally, I haven't yet gotten around to getting the ComicCon exclusive to say nothing of the Han Solo Transformation (which to date I have seen available for sale only once at a price tag of $1000 and that one has a cracked case).
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,962
    @mrfootball I missed this thread while I was doing some traveling and at the risk of thread necromancy I thought I'd ask how your quest is proceeding?

@legopants You said you completed the collection but do mean those sets available from retail stores or the exclusives as well? Do you include magnets, keychains, etc. or just sets. I ask because different people have different perspectives on what constitutes complete. Myself, I've got all of the sets listed on Bricklist but only one of the keychains, neither of the magnet sets nor the console boxes. Additionally, I haven't yet gotten around to getting the ComicCon exclusive to say nothing of the Han Solo Transformation (which to date I have seen available for sale only once at a price tag of $1000 and that one has a cracked case).

@prof1515 My "completed" collection consists of only the 16 retail sets (no keychains, no BrickMaster exclusive set, etc.). My PotC/PoP collections are also "complete" - I haven't bothered with any of the polybags, etc..