Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Just went to my local Lego store today and bought #9496 Desert Skiff. Very cool set, and the minifigs are top-notch. Can't wait to buy Jabba's Palace!
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Feeling hubby's frustration with 9396 Technic Helicopter. Can't seem to get it so the front wheel goes down when getting to the point of completing book #2. Tried to figure out the problem for him but no luck.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    ^Didn't even know that was out! Looks like a fun build... Technic can be tricky sometimes. Good luck!
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    My wife needs space in the extra room, there goes my Lego space. Already had to take apart some great sets : 6077, 6086, 375 and 6074. Makes me sad .... More will have to follow.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    NELUG LUGBulk all sorted and distributed today! A Legotastic day!
    Finished assembling the last of Monster Fighters 9461 Swamp Creature and 9465 The Zombies. Then put them all away until mid-October when I'll decorate for Halloween. Have all the summer Friends sets to put together, but the palm of my right hand still has some healing to do and it hurts a lot tonight.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,956
    ^^ BayLUG did our sort yesterday. 520 pounds/135,000 pieces!
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,048
    edited July 2012
    Finally finished Death Star last night.
    Really enjoyable build - feeling kind of a sad that it's all over :-(
    Absolutely fantastic set - just need to find somewhere to put it now! :-S
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    on leave looking after the little one. Just helped her build a lovely little Cinema, with a real eclectic mix of customers...
    not bad for a 6 year old!
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    Wondering how long it will take to get my sorted Lego stored and how much money it will cost...
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,914
    Just came home from The Dark Knight Rises. Amazing movie. I didn't watch the first two movies so I had no idea who the characters were or if there were villains or good guys. It took a while to understand the whole thing. Now I'm going to need to buy the first two movies on Blu Ray.

One question, how come the sets LEGO produced for Batman has no connection with what the vehicles and stuff in the movie? Were they based off the first two?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited July 2012
    ^Only #7888 was based on the movie. Rest were based on the Comic and Batman 1 video game (or vice versa).
    ^ Thanks @BrickDancer. Shortly after posting, I realized the next wave of sets will be based on the Dark Knight series.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950

^ Thanks @BrickDancer. Shortly after posting, I realized the next wave of sets will be based on the Dark Knight series.

Not so sure if it'll be a full wave based on TDKR - there have only been three film-based minifigs unveiled, the others are villains from the comics universe.

• gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Finally got a Spartan minifig, so I have complete sets of the minifigures from 1-7 and the Olympics. Bring on series 8!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,245
    Similar to the above, my status today is: Getting better at the feel method! Series 6 and 7 now complete!
  • cadwindu1996cadwindu1996 Member Posts: 6
    Annoyed just found out that the new spiderman set is £35 in the uk!!!! Thought it was going to be £30.But also very happy that palpatine's arrest is £60! Getting a classic blue lego spidey today from 2002 by trade for a spare chewbacca!
    Had a dream where LEGO produced a life-sized London Double Decker Bus and other types of buses too (articulated, trolley).

I've always dreamed of having a LEGO articulated bus, but never had the parts to make one or it was simply too difficult.
  • CyborgCyborg Member Posts: 4
    Got back into lego after a second "dark ages"
    Got my piece of birthday cake, and Architecture set 21016 Sungnyemun.

Was told 21014 Villa Savoye comes out September 1.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,512
    Finished the Maersk Train, last build before Cameroon. That blue is so beautiful in person, I thought it looked good in pictures, but once I got my hands on it... wow. Now I need the Container Ship! And maybe another train or 3...
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Cracked the seals on my Fire Brigade tonight and got the first section done. I think it looks great visually, but the high walls make it hard to position anything inside. Need slimmer arms.
    Received my Death Star II today and excited to build this big grey globe =D.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    off to my first monthly model build with my niece and nephew. yay for the new sheffield store :D
  • LaziterLaziter Member Posts: 76
    Had about 80 more pounds LEGO delivered, now having a blast sorting it.
    Found the 7018-1 Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent to be in the lot. That alone makes it a great deal for me :-D
    There are also a couple of pirate ships in there, sails are missing though.
    Well back to sorting the lot..
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    scoring BIG with Target discounts today! Happy Dance, Happy Dance!
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 296
    Watching the winter village cottage be revealed at brickfair !
    Picked up about 25-30 lbs bulk yesterday, no complete sets but loads of very useable pieces.
    Have a very strong sense that my mailman/postal workers have been stealing all my LEGO related mail.

In the past two-three months, I have not received catalogs, magazines, and customer service packages (missing parts).

Have requested for a new catalog twice now since I have no been receiving mine lately, and was told they would arrive in 2 weeks time. 1 month. Nothing. Has missing parts from a set, sent in a order, 3 weeks later. Nope, nothing.

Normally, these type of packages would arrive in less than two weeks.

I'm not going to point any fingers or make dumb assumptions, just what I'm feeling right now. :(

Hope they arrive soon.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^ Oh no!!!! Man, I hope you get it straightened out.

@krklint Oh yes!!! By a happy accident we went on vacation near the end of July so I was able to scour many more stores than my local one.
  • BJ21BJ21 Hampshire, UKMember Posts: 32
    edited August 2012
    Got my first visit to a Lego store in a long time at Stratford today and saw the great Olympic Stadium at JL. Oh, and saw some of the Olympics ;)
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,528
    Feeling a little Legostitute today. :(

Legostitute = completely lacking any monetary funds to buy that great lego deal that you have just spotted.
    - A financial condition resulting from weeks of bargain hunting after coming out from your Lego Dark Age.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Finally completed my sons CMF collection (series 1 thru 7). Took longer than I thought. Kept trading off some of the ones we had collected which I thought were doubles only to find out that was not the case. That Cheerleader killed me, traded her off twice, only to realize I never actually had it as a spare. Needless to say, he now has one plus a double.

Now, onto purchasing some Omega 3/6/9...
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    Just discovered that the wedge end of the new orange brick separators assist in removing tile pieces. Tears of joy...
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Venunder said:

Feeling a little Legostitute today. :(

Legostitute = completely lacking any monetary funds to buy that great lego deal that you have just spotted.
    - A financial condition resulting from weeks of bargain hunting after coming out from your Lego Dark Age.

What's next, brickstitution? Baby just needs one more brick, c'mon...
    I spoke too soon... I received my missing parts package today! But... it was missing the parts. lol. Time to wait another 3 weeks...
  • mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2012
    Looking forward to visiting Brickfair this weekend with my son. Though I never lost my appreciation for LEGO MOCs and scale modeling in general, I was still in my dark ages last year when we first went to Brickfair. This year, I'm fully stoked!! :-)

-Mike
    built a small imperial pirate era prison colony on a remote desert island. quite pleased with it!
    Busy doing work and forgot to be vigilant on my ebay bid. Got sniped in the last minute and lost by $1 =(

*note to self: lego first, work second.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    edited August 2012

What's next, brickstitution? Baby just needs one more brick, c'mon...

That made me LOL!
    On a related note, due to being Legostitute, I declared to my wife last night:
    "I will not buy any new LEGO sets for all of August."
    Clever of me! I can still have someone else buy me LEGO sets and I can still buy PAB and loose sets! Hooray for my grasp of the English language!
    @MorkMan Speaking as a woman, those kinds of details may cos you big time if she decides to go shopping, LOL.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Sorting day begins. *sigh* But it's all in a good cause...

Also going to visit Warren's Olympic microscale venue and do swapsies with LostinTranslation. Yay!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    Team Denmark HQ has just erupted down here at St Katherines due to the Danish rowing gold. Back to the Lego mosaic...
    Stayed up all night to bid on 5 Duplo promo bricks from Germany - worth it as I won them! These will be my first not from the US parks and events!
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Having a great Lego day even if I had to go in Meadowhall on a Saturday, Did two squares of the mosaic and got a nice bag with a few things in :) Shame we had to leave before it was finished though.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Went to a club last night with a non-AFOL mate, and he presented me with the Lex polybag! He just wants to play the game. Most chuffed!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,771
    ^ That's really thoughtful. Nice touch.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,340
    It's always a funny story when you find out you were un-intentionally and un-knowingly in a bidding/offer war with someone here on Brickset for a rare item on Bricklink. Good times... good times..
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    Nothing big today, just the 9461 Swamp Creature from Argos and a battered 8045 Mini Telehandler from Tesco for £4.75 (last one).

Spent the rest of the day building other sets with the kids :)